Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie steps in it, again!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

woodisgood wrote:
Beast wrote:
You'd have a point if my comment was based on his view of the current issue.
But it isn't, it is actually based on real facts. The uncomfortable and politically incorrect but facts nevertheless. If people can't acknowledge them or are incapable of admitting them doesn't diminish their existence.

So yeah, if you're reading this, nothing personal Dave.
I admire your love of the Club but there are some things you should stay out of.

ps. yes I understand its a public forum and everyone is free to express their thoughts and views but I honestly think him commenting on serious issues isn't helpful to the discussions.

As opposed to unreal facts? I guess my experience is that when people start using the word "facts" to buttress what is in fact "opinion" its a bad sign, and the use of modifiers such as "true" "real" "absolute" to try and somehow make the "facts" more "factual" and less opinion is also a bad sign.

I'm also intrigued that in the one post you state your opinion that Dave should stay out of discourse you believe he doesnt understand.....and on the other resort to reductio ad communism to equate anyone who seeks to draw moderation review of your treatment of Dave with Marx and Stalin (sorry, Stallin).

An interesting approach to the marketplace of ideas I guess.

Try as you might but I won't spell out what Dave's problems are out of respect to him but I can pm you if you insist and aren't capable of working it out yourself.

My response to David was based on my views on him formed long time ago and had bugger all to do with him reporting me to the mods.
I actually view his actions as a badge of honour.

And well done on pointing out a spelling error, have a crack at my sentence structure next, if you wish to feel truly special Wink
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Ed got the Okay from the Board. That is no Surprise as they are Ed's mates

Unlike you they are not a bunch of gullible naive people DTM..... Rolling Eyes

They did the right thing by Eddie as all reasonable people will except for the stupid bloody Eddie haters and bashers among the media, here at Nick's and in society.

Dont know WTF is wrong with you lately Dave. You have gone from being a great positive and passionate Collingwood poster to a silly clown resembling Spain.. Crying or Very sad

Unlike the board DTM didn't piss $20m of member's money up against the wall on two dud property investments.

Would a board of directors hand picked by Ed kick him out? Unlikely

woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Beast wrote:
woodisgood wrote:
Beast wrote:
You'd have a point if my comment was based on his view of the current issue.
But it isn't, it is actually based on real facts. The uncomfortable and politically incorrect but facts nevertheless. If people can't acknowledge them or are incapable of admitting them doesn't diminish their existence.

So yeah, if you're reading this, nothing personal Dave.
I admire your love of the Club but there are some things you should stay out of.

ps. yes I understand its a public forum and everyone is free to express their thoughts and views but I honestly think him commenting on serious issues isn't helpful to the discussions.

As opposed to unreal facts? I guess my experience is that when people start using the word "facts" to buttress what is in fact "opinion" its a bad sign, and the use of modifiers such as "true" "real" "absolute" to try and somehow make the "facts" more "factual" and less opinion is also a bad sign.

I'm also intrigued that in the one post you state your opinion that Dave should stay out of discourse you believe he doesnt understand.....and on the other resort to reductio ad communism to equate anyone who seeks to draw moderation review of your treatment of Dave with Marx and Stalin (sorry, Stallin).

An interesting approach to the marketplace of ideas I guess.

Try as you might but I won't spell out what Dave's problems are out of respect to him but I can pm you if you insist and aren't capable of working it out yourself.

My response to David was based on my views on him formed long time ago and had bugger all to do with him reporting me to the mods.
I actually view his actions as a badge of honour.

And well done on pointing out a spelling error, have a crack at my sentence structure next, if you wish to feel truly special Wink

Im fully aware of Dave's situation. It is to me all the more reason why we need to ensure his voice is still heard and avoid the casual putdown.

I dont care what your views of David are, I just find that on the one hand telling other people to shut up and then turning around and attributing communist (or fascist...insert your favourite demonic political colour) tendencies to people calling out your own excesses is the hallmark of someone who is only interested in blaring out their own opinion ad nauseam and not in debate or discussion. And a generous side order of hypocrisy.

On the last point, snark for snark returned, touche. Wink

Winston Churchill
Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Eddie has been great for Collingwood. No doubt, but:

He was stupid & offensive; and his excuses were pathetic.

Seems to me he was subconsciously channelling a racist streak that most of us have deep down inside - probably including me at times...

But to knock Harry who was obviously very hurt by the comments is very ignorant.

Harry was very eloquent and should be supported - not Eddie!

Now can we all get back to the footy. We have more problems on field that need to be resolved. GO PIES!!!
Frohickey 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:13 pm

die4pies wrote:

Unlike the board DTM didn't piss $20m of member's money up against the wall on two dud property investments.

Has made far more for the club than he has lost, only bottom line counts in business.. and he aint in the red

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Lorelei wrote:
Seriously - there has to be something else going on with him. This just has gone OTT.

I was very sympathetic to him but this is ridiculous.

I shudder to think of how Adam would cope if he was a woman and had to put up with what we get dished day in, day out.

Lorelei, you might want to preface your remarks with: "If this rumour turns out to be true then...."

I don't know how you put up with regular sexist sh*t here to be frank.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:17 pm

One of the major, if not the prime responsibilities of a CEO is to protect the club's image. Eddie has trashed it terribly with his unacceptable comments, and for a man in his position they were unacceptable, not a slip of the tongue or a failed attempt at humour. It completely beggars belief that he'd go anywhere near such comments.

I don't think he should go because of it, but it is this kind of gross lapse in judgement without defense, that can cause leaders of an organisation to resign. He'd have no one but himself to blame.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:28 pm

die4pies wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

They did the right thing by Eddie as all reasonable people will except for the stupid bloody Eddie haters and bashers among the media, here at Nick's and in society.

Dont know WTF is wrong with you lately Dave. You have gone from being a great positive and passionate Collingwood poster to a silly clown resembling Spain.. Crying or Very sad

My GUT feeling is that ed could well walk at seasons end, when all this hoo ha, has died down and gone. He has done 13 years, maybe hes nearly burned out, which explains his silly gaffe. He could step aside on his own free will, but still remain in the loop by being a Board member. I would not be at all surprised if he calls it quits at seasons end. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Beast 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:49 pm

woodisgood wrote:

Im fully aware of Dave's situation. It is to me all the more reason why we need to ensure his voice is still heard and avoid the casual putdown.

But it wasn't a put down, I've simply answered his actions about what he's done wrong.
Uncomfortable yes but not derogatory.
Maybe its my apparent lack of empathy according to few people on here based on my unpopular and strong views on certain issues, but for the life of me I can't see the need to ensure his voice is heard on serious topics.

woodisgood wrote:
I dont care what your views of David are, I just find that on the one hand telling other people to shut up and then turning around and attributing communist (or fascist...insert your favourite demonic political colour) tendencies to people calling out your own excesses is the hallmark of someone who is only interested in blaring out their own opinion ad nauseam and not in debate or discussion. And a generous side order of hypocrisy.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion of me being hypocritical when I might despise a lot of David's views but at the same time still think they're worth reading.
Even if its more from the "know your enemies better" perspective.
But I'm not interested in reading primitive, very often nonsensical and incoherent mumblings of a child. Then there's a point he constantly subjects himself to ridicule all over the internet by venturing outside the parameters of his comfort zone.
Look at it as the display of some sort of perverted empathy on my behalf.

woodisgood wrote:

Glad we could agree on that Wink
woodisgood Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:04 pm

Beast wrote:

woodisgood wrote:

And on that note, for all that we may have a catalogue of differences we could run through ad nauseam if we desired, in the end I venture the things that unite us vastly outnumber the things that divide us.

For we are Collingwood and the rest can take a hike.

Winston Churchill
Beast 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:14 pm

woodisgood wrote:
Beast wrote:

woodisgood wrote:

And on that note, for all that we may have a catalogue of differences we could run through ad nauseam if we desired, in the end I venture the things that unite us vastly outnumber the things that divide us.

For we are Collingwood and the rest can take a hike.

Not in the current climate.....

But yeah I agree, well said mate.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:31 pm

die4pies wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

That seems plausible. I wonder too if his "I will consider stepping down" routine was intended to get Collingwood supporters lining up behind him in support. Its one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:36 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Lorelei wrote:
Seriously - there has to be something else going on with him. This just has gone OTT.

I shudder to think of how Adam would cope if he was a woman and had to put up with what we get dished day in, day out.

Lorelei, you might want to preface your remarks with: "If this rumour turns out to be true then...."

Keep Frank out of this.
First Racism now sexism.
Christ. Frank doesn't need it.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Leggie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Lorelei wrote:

Keep Frank out of this.
First Racism now sexism.
Christ. Frank doesn't need it.

but his name is McGuire so it's all relevant Wink

colin_wood 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Brain fade.....McGuire grew up in the disadvantaged low socio-economic suburb of Broadmeadows. Pretty much explains why he did this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22   

Jump to: