Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

LaurieHolden wrote:
Donny. You've been amazing all of these years.
Irrespective of the outcome, you front up,.no emotion, just the facts.
I doff my lid. I'm so happy.

Thanks, Laurie. Very Happy

No emotion ? Believe me, I have it in spades, when I watch my Maggies - win. lose or draw !! And not just over these 2 incredible years. Try since 1956.

During games, I do stats and pride myself in having them ready and up-to-date, to post just seconds after each siren. That's why you don't see me in the Game On! thread.

I'm happy, too, mate. Still buzzing. So many highlights, with those unbelievable goals from Jordy and Sidey, standouts.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:22 pm

Took us 42 years to finally level up our Premiership tally with Carlton, and 30 years with Essendon.

Such a satisfying statistic. Now to go one better next year and reclaim the top outright! 😎

Meredith1965 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:24 pm

Donny wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

No emotion ? Believe me, I have it in spades, when I watch my Maggies - win. lose or draw !! And not just over these 2 incredible years. Try since 1956.

During games, I do stats and pride myself in having them ready and up-to-date, to post just seconds after each siren. That's why you don't see me in the Game On! thread.

I'm happy, too, mate. Still buzzing. So many highlights, with those unbelievable goals from Jordy and Sidey, standouts.

Glad someone posted this. I use Donny’s work as reference for game start times, locations, scorelines etc so often that I forget he’s just a bloke who does this for nothing as a service to this community. Thank you so much.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:33 pm

Jezza wrote:
WOW! Greatest weekend of my life. Perfection!

Attended everything that was possible from open training on Thursday, the Parade on Friday, the match itself, the evening celebrations at Olympic Park on Saturday night and then back today at Family Day today to see our Premiership heroes one more time.

So grateful I've been able to absorb and cherish these moments. Memories I will never forget. I was a teenager when we won it in 2010, and I took it for granted and underestimated the enormity of the moment back then. This time, I'm cherishing everything.

What a privilege to win a classic Grand Final that had everything.

I really need to start shifting my attention towards buying some Premiership merchandise now! Wink

Great stuff Jezza, I’ve experienced everything before from the parades to the celebrations, I thought 2010 was the best at AAMI park with Lionel. Did all the parades and final training sessions, even got to experience Victoria Park for pre grand final training, that was awesome.

This year just attended the game but spending up big on merchandise, that’s my regret from 2010 some of the stuff I didn’t get that I always wanted, taking no chances this time. Although means all my bank accounts have already been drained and most of I won’t see till Christmas!!!
mightypies90 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:40 pm

So surreal. It still hasn’t sunk in. What a great day, this is a different feeling to 2010. We are premiers, we won a close one. Just lost for words. Go Pies.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:42 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Great stuff Jezza, I’ve experienced everything before from the parades to the celebrations, I thought 2010 was the best at AAMI park with Lionel. Did all the parades and final training sessions, even got to experience Victoria Park for pre grand final training, that was awesome.

This year just attended the game but spending up big on merchandise, that’s my regret from 2010 some of the stuff I didn’t get that I always wanted, taking no chances this time. Although means all my bank accounts have already been drained and most of I won’t see till Christmas!!!

Nice, Eddie Smile

For some reason this one hit me differently compared to 2010. I think the biggest difference being we won on the day itself, rather than having to come back a week later in the replay to secure #15.

I better get onto merchandise purchasing sooner rather than later.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:45 pm

Meredith1965 wrote:
Donny wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

Glad someone posted this. I use Donny’s work as reference for game start times, locations, scorelines etc so often that I forget he’s just a bloke who does this for nothing as a service to this community. Thank you so much.

Agree. I always smile when I see Donnys signature “ It’s a game. Enjoy it “
Prophetic in its simplicity.
Thanks to all those other regular long time posters, contributors and mods too. Best I don’t attempt to name them because I will only miss on others.

Looking forward to the draft and trade period next. As they say, if you don’t keep moving forward, you’re only going backwards in this caper.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:54 pm

Just saw that Howe has three broken ribs courtesy of Charlie Cameron

Tough year for a 34 year old

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:21 pm

Jezza wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

Nice, Eddie Smile

For some reason this one hit me differently compared to 2010. I think the biggest difference being we won on the day itself, rather than having to come back a week later in the replay to secure #15.

I better get onto merchandise purchasing sooner rather than later.

I think it's the closeness of the game that really helps, 2010 was such a one sided affair in the end that it was a second half celebration whilst this was edge of the seat for 120 minutes.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:23 pm

Incredible article on AFL website on the role of Pendles in the final quarter, of the GF, and in general:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1047728/barrett-pivotal-moment-shows-why-collingwood-magpies-icon-scott-pendelbury-is-one-in-a-million

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:14 am

Jezza wrote:
Took us 42 years to finally level up our Premiership tally with Carlton, and 30 years with Essendon.

Such a satisfying statistic. Now to go one better next year and reclaim the top outright! 😎

Even better, too, the Bluescum have not won a Premiership this century, not one, we have won two now. Tom Elliott and Raff Epstein will be pissed off now. Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:40 am

Been laughing and crying since the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter. Unbelievable, just what a club, what a win. Celebrated with the best. All premierships are great. This one was so special.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:45 am

What a game. Steele goal was epic. Jordan was massive in the last quarter. Jeremy Howe channelling Darren Millane's broken thumb and Dids torn pec playing with 3 broken ribs. Still in awe at what the boys did
Cakewalk Sublimity 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:58 am

Collingwood’s joyous football leads them on remarkable journey to AFL flag

Excellent article at Guardian, esp on McRae---there’s an inner belief there. There’s $£$%^%%$ bulldog in that little poodle.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2023/oct/01/collingwoods-joyous-football-leads-them-on-remarkable-journey-to-afl-flag

jonmac1954 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:09 am

Cakewalk Sublimity wrote:
Collingwood’s joyous football leads them on remarkable journey to AFL flag

Excellent article at Guardian, esp on McRae---there’s an inner belief there. There’s $�$%^%%$ bulldog in that little poodle.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2023/oct/01/collingwoods-joyous-football-leads-them-on-remarkable-journey-to-afl-flag

Says it all really doesn't it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 18 of 47   

Jump to: