Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we look at Merica's shooting and thing WTF, but the number of firearm incidents lately in Stray'a is concerning. Another death - driver shot in the head.

Obviously our gun laws aren't as bullet proof as we pretend they are.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 pm

^

the gun laws work but same as drugs get imported illegally, so do guns. Customs and the cops get a lot but not all.

Also it's ridiculously easy to make a home made shotgun if you don't mind risking losing a hand. also very close range single shot .22's which can either shoot or be contact fired like bang sticks, which also work in shotgun shells.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:37 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

the gun laws work but same as drugs get imported illegally, so do guns. Customs and the cops get a lot but not all.

Also it's ridiculously easy to make a home made shotgun if you don't mind risking losing a hand. also very close range single shot .22's which can either shoot or be contact fired like bang sticks, which also work in shotgun shells.

Memo to self:
Don't ask Stui if that's a gun in his pocket

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:19 pm

^

or ask to borrow a pen. Wink

http://www.bombshock.com/weapons_combat/firearms/how_to_build_a_22.html

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:12 am

You've got to love the double standards from the women in the media over Madonna exposing the breast of a 17 year old girl.

If this had of been a male performer imagine the outrage coming from them at present.

As for Madonna what a washed up old quim and it amazes me that people like her have the arrogance to charge a small fortune for tickets to then not only take to the stage hours late they refuse to sing there catalogue of old hits which I assume most would have wanted to hear.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:35 am

swoop42 wrote:
You've got to love the double standards from the women in the media over Madonna exposing the breast of a 17 year old girl.

If this had of been a male performer imagine the outrage coming from them at present.

As for Madonna what a washed up old quim and it amazes me that people like her have the arrogance to charge a small fortune for tickets to then not only take to the stage hours late they refuse to sing there catalogue of old hits which I assume most would have wanted to hear.

Yeah I was just reading about that. The girl seems to be relishing the infamy though, but yeah, not good at all.

I had a friend raving about it, but I would have been in the queue for the refund if she had been that late. Talk about arrogance. Saw several old bands/performers last year, and much preferred the likes of Kenny Rogers, Rod Stewert who sung their old songs, as aposed to kiss, who sung a lot of other stuff first. Seeing the video of her stumbling around and falling of a tricycle, hmmmm! I'm guessing it wasn't cheap either.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:38 am

When you have that much of an ego, you probably think you can do whatever you like and get away with it. She's lucky that the girl didn't react differently; I can't imagine every young woman would be brushing off being exposed without their consent in front of however many thousand people.

Feminists have called Madonna out before for her (borderline sociopathic?) behaviour – here, for instance: http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/7054678. But yes, the #rapeculture think-pieces do seem to be taking their time.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:25 am

think positive wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Yeah I was just reading about that. The girl seems to be relishing the infamy though, but yeah, not good at all.

I had a friend raving about it, but I would have been in the queue for the refund if she had been that late. Talk about arrogance. Saw several old bands/performers last year, and much preferred the likes of Kenny Rogers, Rod Stewert who sung their old songs, as aposed to kiss, who sung a lot of other stuff first. Seeing the video of her stumbling around and falling of a tricycle, hmmmm! I'm guessing it wasn't cheap either.

You don't get much cheaper than Madonna. Boom Tish.

I know she is famous for throwing it about but it must be time for her to put her old scallop trawler away.

Nobody would want to see Kenny Rogers on stage in a pair of short shorts with no undies. Islands in the Streams....
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:26 am

Is she someone you know?
David Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:46 pm

I'm no fan, but I don't see any reason for ageing pop stars to stop performing if people still want to see them. Neil Young's still going, isn't he?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:16 pm

David wrote:
I'm no fan, but I don't see any reason for ageing pop stars to stop performing if people still want to see them. Neil Young's still going, isn't he?

Yeah but Neil Young never traded on sex.

Mick Jagger still runs around on stage but you don't see him doing it in a G string and sequins. Thank Grod. Embarassed

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

Yeah but Neil Young never traded on sex.

Mick Jagger still runs around on stage but you don't see him doing it in a G string and sequins. Thank Grod. Embarassed

Thanks for getting my point Stui.
David Libra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:27 pm

Hey, if so many people still want to see her, she must be doing something right. Given that 90% of the audience are women or gay men, I dare say her "sex appeal" is a little more complex than that. Actually, there's something refreshing about a middle-aged woman refusing to play her role.

(Stop making me defend her, lol.)

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:55 pm

^

Or maybe they're all still living in the past, want to hear her sing her past hits.

I reckon most of the audience would rather her wear a burqa and sing her past hits than make them wait 3 hours to see her half naked singing new crap.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:58 pm

They'd probably rather be seeing Cher or Kylie, both loved by the same demographic but actually put on professional performances. Madonna hasn't been relevant for a long time, like Stui said, without the hits she's just not worth seeing. May as well go to a tribute drag show that'll at least belt out 'Holiday'.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 171 of 277   

Jump to: