Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can happen that quick.

I know a few people who work at Bruce Wayne's butler, which is where I assume you went, should I pass on kudos or brickbats?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:09 pm

Oh those people.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Can happen that quick.

I know a few people who work at Bruce Wayne's butler, which is where I assume you went, should I pass on kudos or brickbats?

Both.

Lack of resources was an issue as she was in recovery for ages as no beds available.

The triage process was confusing (I knew how to navigate the system but what they had written on large signs in a 4 step process was not how they did it & I felt compelled to assist others next to us queuing up about where to go & who to see). Having said that they were under the pump+++ and in my view that is typical for a monday night. Only one triage nurse is crazy in my view.

I decided to go to theatre myself (as all I was getting is "she is still in recovery & a bed had not been allocated"). This took many hours & I was lucky coz coincidentally I knew the admin woman there from my workplace a few years ago. She was very helpful & went out of her way to arrange clinical communications from the recovery nurse & ease my anxiety.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:52 pm

watt price tully wrote:
How life can change in an instant:

Just 24 hours ago I was typing here on Nicks.

Mrs WPT comes home looking as sick as a Richmond supporter at the end of the game last week. She'd been vomiting all day (more or less)

Mrs WPT is from English rural stock - a bit like the black night who'd lost his limbs & not complaning saying it's only a flesh wound.

I bought over the counter anti - vomiting medications - minor relief which she probably spewed up.

Took her to an ED at a major nearby hospital (20 mins drive)

2 hour wait. Seen by an intern then referred to an Emergency Department Consultant.

Their (and my) guess - appendicitis which was proven to be true

However, after the physical tests, the blood tests, the abdominal CT scan, the blood gasses as she was spiking a temp, the consultant surgeon at 0400 hours this am says that in people our age there is a correlation between bowel cancer (CA) & appendicitis. So when she signed the consent form she was signing not just for the appendicectomy but also for a bowel resection should the find CA. Remember, this has all happened since 0400 the previous day (24 hours) otherwise she was pretty fit & healthy for her age & no chronic illnesses to speak of - doesn't take medications.

So she has the operation this morning, spent eon's in recovery every as there were no beds available in the hospital. She'd gone into the operation with a possibility that her life as she knew it could change that is, have a colostomy bag etc when 24 hours earlier she was fine, no issues etc.

When she starts to wake from the general anaesthetic first thing she does is feel her abdominal area - no bag. Huge relief.

No bowel cancer.

Huge sigh of relief. OMFG.

OMG, That's terrible, glad it's not cancer though, cheers, take care of all of you, here's to a speedy recovery (lucky your not overseas yet)

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:54 pm

No I have not seen by an intern then referred to an Emergency Department Consultant . What's it like?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:01 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
How life can change in an instant:

Just 24 hours ago I was typing here on Nicks.

Mrs WPT comes home looking as sick as a Richmond supporter at the end of the game last week. She'd been vomiting all day (more or less)

Mrs WPT is from English rural stock - a bit like the black night who'd lost his limbs & not complaning saying it's only a flesh wound.

I bought over the counter anti - vomiting medications - minor relief which she probably spewed up.

Took her to an ED at a major nearby hospital (20 mins drive)

2 hour wait. Seen by an intern then referred to an Emergency Department Consultant.

Their (and my) guess - appendicitis which was proven to be true

However, after the physical tests, the blood tests, the abdominal CT scan, the blood gasses as she was spiking a temp, the consultant surgeon at 0400 hours this am says that in people our age there is a correlation between bowel cancer (CA) & appendicitis. So when she signed the consent form she was signing not just for the appendicectomy but also for a bowel resection should the find CA. Remember, this has all happened since 0400 the previous day (24 hours) otherwise she was pretty fit & healthy for her age & no chronic illnesses to speak of - doesn't take medications.

So she has the operation this morning, spent eon's in recovery every as there were no beds available in the hospital. She'd gone into the operation with a possibility that her life as she knew it could change that is, have a colostomy bag etc when 24 hours earlier she was fine, no issues etc.

When she starts to wake from the general anaesthetic first thing she does is feel her abdominal area - no bag. Huge relief.

No bowel cancer.

Huge sigh of relief. OMFG.

OMG, That's terrible, glad it's not cancer though, cheers, take care of all of you, here's to a speedy recovery (lucky your not overseas yet)

Cheers for that TP. Amazing how things can turn in such a short space of time.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:08 am

*total quote fail, not fixing it, aimed at WPT* Laughing

Happy for you, her and your whole family that it's not cancer. My mum was diagnosed with bowel cancer about 7 years ago and after some surgeries got away without a bag and is as far as I know cancer free. Horrible thing to go through, even a scare.
partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:43 am

Fantastic news WPT,

I'm in for surgery tomorrow, Like Mrs WPT, have never been to hospital except to give birth.

A couple of months ago my GP rang me to remind me I was overdue for a smear test (which was all clear), but in the process found a large cyst, which has been diagnosed as ovarian. No symptoms apart from noticing the waistbands on some pants were a little bit tight and perhaps more tired than usual.

A blood test suggests it's not malignant.

So hopefully after tomorrow afternoon I'll be back on track to returning to my usual gorgeous self.

Maybe I can rehab with Swanny ...
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:42 am

Wokko wrote:
*total quote fail, not fixing it, aimed at WPT* Laughing

Happy for you, her and your whole family that it's not cancer. My mum was diagnosed with bowel cancer about 7 years ago and after some surgeries got away without a bag and is as far as I know cancer free. Horrible thing to go through, even a scare.

Cheers Wokko.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:43 am

partypie wrote:
Fantastic news WPT,

I'm in for surgery tomorrow, Like Mrs WPT, have never been to hospital except to give birth.

A couple of months ago my GP rang me to remind me I was overdue for a smear test (which was all clear), but in the process found a large cyst, which has been diagnosed as ovarian. No symptoms apart from noticing the waistbands on some pants were a little bit tight and perhaps more tired than usual.

A blood test suggests it's not malignant.

So hopefully after tomorrow afternoon I'll be back on track to returning to my usual gorgeous self.

Maybe I can rehab with Swanny ...

Best of luck Partypie. Hope all goes well.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:23 am

All the best PP, and hope Mrs. WPT is better soon, WPT sounds like a terrifying experience.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:50 pm

David wrote:
All the best PP, and hope Mrs. WPT is better soon, WPT sounds like a terrifying experience.

Cheers David.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:40 pm

oh my Party Pie, im glad you found that early, good luck with the op, cheers
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:38 pm

Outrage over Logies nomination and lack of diversity. Err last time I looked, and I must admit I never really have, it is a popularity contest voted on by people who think it really matters. I for one have never voted and never will, in fact have never bought a TV week.
I watch and quite like like The Gods of Wheat Street but I doubt the "Home and away " crowd would ever do so. Same the vitriol for the tv executives, sham copycat programmers and advertising people who foisted on commercial tv so much rubbish that largely Australian content is a joke.
At a pinch I can remember the last 10 Melbourne Cup winners, Brownlow medallists but for life of me not one Logie winner except John Wood and that is because standing next to each other in Dorcas St Deli the day after
he won and people were saying well done.

The Police and Customs take their sniffer dogs in training to the toilets the day after the ceremonies because they awash with Coke.

I think Australian culture has more to worry about than this.

partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:59 pm

think positive wrote:
oh my Party Pie, im glad you found that early, good luck with the op, cheers

Thanks everyone, I reckon I'll be back on deck to watch the Saints game.

Best wishes to Mrs WPT xxxx
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 173 of 277   

Jump to: