Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie steps in it, again!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Leggie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Lorelei wrote:
Seriously - there has to be something else going on with him. This just has gone OTT.

I was very sympathetic to him but this is ridiculous.

I shudder to think of how Adam would cope if he was a woman and had to put up with what we get dished day in, day out.

Lorelei, you might want to preface your remarks with: "If this rumour turns out to be true then...."

I don't know how you put up with regular sexist sh*t here to be frank.

Keep Frank out of this.
First Racism now sexism.
Christ. Frank doesn't need it.

And now your taking the Lords name in vain

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:41 pm

colin_wood wrote:
Brain fade.....McGuire grew up in the disadvantaged low socio-economic suburb of Broadmeadows. Pretty much explains why he did this.

AS some wit tweeted to the Jon Faine 774 talkback outrage this morning "you can take the boy out of Broadmeadows but you can't take Broadmeadows........." Very Happy Very Happy

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Frank really - I thought Christ's real name was Brian Confused

Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Frank really - I thought Christ's real name was Brian Confused

Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well the movie was more interesting

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Frohickey wrote:
die4pies wrote:

Unlike the board DTM didn't piss $20m of member's money up against the wall on two dud property investments.

Has made far more for the club than he has lost, only bottom line counts in business.. and he aint in the red

Well Eddie's Job is to make the Club Money isn't it?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Lazza wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong DTM but you have become very anti Eddie lately. I don't ever recall you being so against him before dude. You even wanted him sacked after the Freo game FGS!! That was a silly comment dude. Rolling Eyes

DTM, you wouldnt probably have a Collingwood Footy Club to barrack for if not for Eddie saving the club from a bloody terrible financial situation mate. Read the history of what was happening to us before Eddie came in as President. Educate yourself about Collingwood DTM, like you do so well with new AFL bound draft kids. It will do you good mate. You can become a respected poster again. Laughing

Eddie has done a Fantastic Job up to 2010 but his last few seasons have not been as good and as die4pies said he did not piss money away on Pubs.

Done a Great Job

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:05 pm

King Malta wrote:
Agree with the above post.

DTM is allowed to have an opinion, not only should people respect that, but some of the insults being thrown at him have been absolutely disgusting to be honest.

I don't always agree with you Dave, but I can tell you love your pies, and you don't deserve the bullshit you cop around this place sometimes.

Thanks for the Support Mate. I agree we don't have to all Agree and we all have rights to say if we think people opinions is right as wrong as long as you don't have a go at the Poster

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:08 pm

die4pies wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Ed got the Okay from the Board. That is no Surprise as they are Ed's mates

Unlike you they are not a bunch of gullible naive people DTM..... Rolling Eyes

They did the right thing by Eddie as all reasonable people will except for the stupid bloody Eddie haters and bashers among the media, here at Nick's and in society.

Dont know WTF is wrong with you lately Dave. You have gone from being a great positive and passionate Collingwood poster to a silly clown resembling Spain.. Crying or Very sad

Unlike the board DTM didn't piss $20m of member's money up against the wall on two dud property investments.

Would a board of directors hand picked by Ed kick him out? Unlikely

Get over it die4pie. You and 1970 are rejoicing behind the scenes and now using every ploy possible to undermine Eddie further. Its a brave man who attacks his adversary at his weakest moment. Grow a set. You are better than this.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Frohickey wrote:
die4pies wrote:

Has made far more for the club than he has lost, only bottom line counts in business.. and he aint in the red

Well Eddie's Job is to make the Club Money isn't it?

A nave and immature comment if ever I have read one.

Eddies contribution to the club is immense in many ways but in the end, haters will hate.

Just tell me one thing DTM, why do you dislike Eddie so much? What harm has he done you. I am genuinely interested to know.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:29 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Get over it die4pie. You and 1970 are rejoicing behind the scenes and now using every ploy possible to undermine Eddie further. Its a brave man who attacks his adversary at his weakest moment. Grow a set. You are better than this.

Last I heard, die4pies and 1970 had Ed's ear and were part of the inner-sanctum. Weren't they on the verge of making an earth-shattering announcement to the great unwashed?

I don't recall any earth being shattered. Maybe I missed it.

However it seems that there's trouble in paradise given that they're back to put the boots into Ed. Maybe the honeymoon's over.
McMonkey 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:39 pm

Collingwood will get through this.

Ed didn't help the storm in a tea cup die the quick death it deserved though.

I was having a chat to a fellow Collingwood supporter at work, I don't know the bloke that well but I said, everyone is pretty sensitive about this so I don't want to offend you, but I think Goodes overreacted and this was a beat up.

I said something like I've been called a wop/spaghetti muncher thousands of times, you move on, the easy option is to be a sook and show weakness. If people really are being racist (and trust me you can tell) the jokes on them, it speaks about their ignorance, you have set to yourself free from such petty distractions in life. He said listen my wife is Japanese, my kids are half Japanese, I call them my little monkeys all the time!

Which gets me onto something else 'casual racism', what the hell is this crap? Is it when I'm at the pub and one of my mates says, 'hey wogboy, you want a beer' or when Ive said to an Asian mate when he won a meat tray 'make sure you pick the one with the peking duck'?

Ive been paying attention more this week, another person at work walked past and said ' hey when are you going to be on underbelly 3?'

My experience with racism is that its part in the words, part of it in the eye of the beholder. In other words you have a choice. If I wanted to be a drama queen I could of reflected that the bloke making the underbelly comment was implying that because I am Sicilian all my family and I are criminals and chose to be offended, I could of reported him to HR if I really wanted to. - To hell with that, he is a good bloke and knows a lot about horse racing!

It wasn't always this way, when I was a young kid it really hurt but you learn to HTFU! - at least by the time you get to an age of a certain footballer.

I also cant stand this baloney that only people of certain races and cultures have a monopoly on being offended. Now it's OK to make all sorts of comments about Catholics, fat people, red heads, hairy men, the list goes on but they cant be offended because it doesn't have generational pain? - get your hand off it. No one group of people own the feeling of being offended.

What we are are talking about here, with the young girl and Ed, is silly name calling, not racism. Racism is taking land and children based on race, not this.

If Adam Goodes continues to carry around his victim attitude and keeps taking the cry baby option he will die an unhappy man. I am so furious with him and his self importance, I am very happy about knowing what a mentally feeble nob he is.

Get over yourself Adam, your are not a delicate and unique snowflake!

PS If your opinions are completely different to mine, I still love you, because you follow the PIES!

Last edited by McMonkey on Fri May 31, 2013 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:47 pm

That's a well thought out post, well done

Also read somewhere, what Eddie meant was, Goodes could come down and make a joke of it, he wasn't laughing at Goodes, he was implying Goodes could laugh at himself (and get royally paid for it) as famous folks have done in the past. It just came out wrong.

There was certainly no malice in it.

Beast 

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
King Malta wrote:
Agree with the above post.

DTM is allowed to have an opinion, not only should people respect that, but some of the insults being thrown at him have been absolutely disgusting to be honest.

I don't always agree with you Dave, but I can tell you love your pies, and you don't deserve the bullshit you cop around this place sometimes.

Thanks for the Support Mate. I agree we don't have to all Agree and we all have rights to say if we think people opinions is right as wrong as long as you don't have a go at the Poster

Dave, I apologise if I've upset you, it really wasn't my intention.
Just trying to look after you in my peculiar way.

And just to lighten the atmosphere lets all have a chuckle at this Laughing

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SYDNEY-SWANS-24CM-MONKEY-W-SCARF-BEANIE-TOY-AFL-/150904648519
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Oh my,

Hahahaha!

Well now

They have those in all teams, will they be out with the golly wogs now?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Just tell me one thing DTM, why do you dislike Eddie so much? What harm has he done you. I am genuinely interested to know.

I think what he did was Terrible what he did and I think he stuffed up the MM and Bucks thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22   

Jump to: