Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post inauguration Trump:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of evidence is the issue. I'm not going believe something just because someone said it.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:47 pm

It beggars belief that anyone would doubt for one moment that this serial veteran-basher, this cowardly rich-kid draft dodger, wouldn't have said what he is reported as saying. We KNOW that he dodged the draft. We KNOW that he has disrespected vets, in public, on the record, many, many times. We KNOW that he trash-talked John McCain on the public record and now, stlil on the public record, flat-out lies about it and said it never happened - Trump doesn't just have form, he has long-term repeated form, over and over again.

Is it possible that, on this one occasion, he didn't trash-talk vets? Sure it is possible. Very unlikely though. Why would he have been respectful and decent that time when he is the opposite so many other times?

20 to 1 he done it. Again.

Here is just one amongst many, many examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_6MGxvSaAY

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:58 pm

Betrayed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nytBEWbwOkw

Cowardice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYa8mEr3sJA

Debt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nytBEWbwOkw

Blood money: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiDkTOKI7Ro

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:08 pm

Nothing you posted sustains the latest allegation against him. Where's your evidence? If we followed your logic the Democrats could just make up shit about him every other day and we'd all be expected to believe it because of things he's said before. I don't think so.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:10 pm

Oh FFS. Read my lips.

What I said was that he has form. He has done exactly what he's just been accused of numerous times in the past. There is no reason not to suppose that he's done it again, same as usual.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
If we followed your logic the Democrats could just make up shit about him every other day and we'd all be expected to believe it because of things he's said before.

1: Those links I provided are to ads produced by lifelong senior Republicans, not Democrats. Don't take my word for it, look it up.

2: Anyway, you couldn't make this shiit up.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:37 pm

The Lincoln Project is full of neocons and RINOs who ally themselves with the Bushes, McCain, Romney, Kasich and etc.

They're hardly going to influence anyone to join them. Most of them didn't vote or support Trump the first time round either.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:39 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I think it's Bullshit for the simple reason of timing. It's not that I don't believe that Trump is capable of making a remark like that, it's just that it supposedly happened in 2018 and only surfaces now, 2 months before an election. If it was true it would have got out ages ago.

The timing is very convenient just as Trump's poll numbers have started improving.

The author is a registered Democrat. He should either put up or shut up.

Either name your sources, or no one apart from those who already loathe Trump will believe him or give his story any credence.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Jezza wrote:
The Lincoln Project is full of neocons and RINOs who ally themselves with the Bushes, McCain, Romney, Kasich and etc.

Spot on, Jezza. A lot of ghouls in there, not least the guy who wrote the story for The Atlantic, Jeffrey Goldberg – one of the most vociferous media proponents of the Iraq War in 2002 and 2003. So you have to look at some of the subtext of this Trump vs the military stuff and realise that it's coming from a place that's even more malevolent and nefarious than Trump (who is, let's not forget, a relative peacenik in Republican terms) and his crowd.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2002/10/aflatoxin.html

Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
I do not want, in this space, to rehearse the arguments for invasion; Jacob Weisberg and Anne Applebaum have done a better job of that than I could, and they have also explained why multilateralism and congressional sanction are not the highest moral values known to man. There is not sufficient space, as well, for me to refute some of the arguments made in Slate over the past week against intervention, arguments made, I have noticed, by people with limited experience in the Middle East (Their lack of experience causes them to reach the naive conclusion that an invasion of Iraq will cause America to be loathed in the Middle East, rather than respected). I will try, instead, to return to the essential issues: the moral challenge posed by the deeds of the Iraqi regime; and the particular dangers the regime poses to America and its allies. Everything else, to my mind, is commentary.

[...]

The administration is planning today to launch what many people would undoubtedly call a short-sighted and inexcusable act of aggression. In five years, however, I believe that the coming invasion of Iraq will be remembered as an act of profound morality.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:36 pm

I think we should empathise with a pathological malignant narcissist with the most recorded lies in human history. Show some humanity; too many people underestimate the effect that bone spurs can have on one's sense of judgement. Just to balance out this egregious travesty, let's all buy a red hat in support Idea

Last edited by pietillidie on Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:37 pm

Apart from the tremendous irony involved in Trump pretending to be outraged that people might be fibbing about him, why does anyone care?
David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:38 pm

^ I don't, particularly, for what it's worth.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:41 pm

^But he didn't mean to cause those additional tens of thousands of deaths through mismanagement, like Mao before him. It's discrimination to pick on someone with a severe malignant narcissism that causes them to kill others and wreck everything in their path. Show some humanity, man!
David Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:00 pm

Who are you responding to, PTID?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:11 pm

^It was for Pies4Shaw, but it's to anyone in the general conversation. When it comes to that mega-destructive psychopath, we're surely well beyond parsing the finer points of anything. I'm still waiting for him to be held accountable for physically mocking a disabled journalist right at the start of his tenure, let alone for the tens of thousands of additional Covid-19 deaths at his tiny mismanaging hands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 187, 188, 189 ... 220, 221, 222  Next
Page 188 of 222   

Jump to: