Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 189, 190, 191 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
^^^^^^

99/100 I’d pick Pendles instantly. On the other occasion I’d consider it for 0.5 seconds and pick Pendles. Proven champions over many years are hard to replace.

Thats madness Lazza, he is going to be a deadset gun, would make the trade in a heart beat
Stevo75 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:42 pm

Just a question, if Treloars contract was indeed back ended you have to ask why? Who the hell was getting all the coin when he re-signed? I call bullish!t on all this Treloar talk. It's been a slow trade week with nothing happening so let's just make up some Collingwood stories. Been happening for years but this year has been taken to a whole new level. The only facts are no one knows what's really going on inside. Thank goodness it's all over soon.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Stevo75 wrote:
Just a question, if Treloars contract was indeed back ended you have to ask why? Who the hell was getting all the coin when he re-signed? I call bullish!t on all this Treloar talk. It's been a slow trade week with nothing happening so let's just make up some Collingwood stories. Been happening for years but this year has been taken to a whole new level. The only facts are no one knows what's really going on inside. Thank goodness it's all over soon.

exactly

look at a few other contenders and pick their top 5 and would imagine similar deals
It doesn't make sense that we are the only club in salary cap strife

Collingwood sells papers/gets clicks- non collingwood supporting media and society hate us and love to see us in trouble

I've also heard Trealor's contract is nowhere near the $900k that keeps getting bandied about.
It also doesn't make sense we are trying top free up cap space to land a big fish yet are still willing to pay part of Trealor's salary
All media mention Beams deal- yet Brisbane paid for a fair chunk of that.

As I've maintained all along- offloading Trealor is a pragmatic decision- he is superfluous to our needs and has some value.

Bring on end of trade week FFS!!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:56 pm

This all seems pretty sad to me. like Adam wants to stay with us, yet the club insists he cant, cos his partner is moving to Qld, is that correct ? But how come he says he wants to now play, if he has to leave, for a Melbourne club, if he can do that, for them, why cant he just stay with us then, ? it doesnt make any sense. ?
Geez the Pies do some clusterfucks things, i just hope this can be sorted out, and whats Lord Edwards view on this fiasco ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:30 am

David king potting our list management. Normally I’d just say FO but you really can’t argue. Unless we have a massive coup coming up, this is a disaster (assuming we lose all the aforementioned players and get picks back).
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:03 am

matrix10 wrote:
Stevo75 wrote:

exactly

look at a few other contenders and pick their top 5 and would imagine similar deals
It doesn't make sense that we are the only club in salary cap strife

Collingwood sells papers/gets clicks- non collingwood supporting media and society hate us and love to see us in trouble

I've also heard Trealor's contract is nowhere near the $900k that keeps getting bandied about.
It also doesn't make sense we are trying top free up cap space to land a big fish yet are still willing to pay part of Trealor's salary
All media mention Beams deal- yet Brisbane paid for a fair chunk of that.

As I've maintained all along- offloading Trealor is a pragmatic decision- he is superfluous to our needs and has some value.

Bring on end of trade week FFS!!

Isn't it obvious that his wife moving to Qld for a while isn't the reason for the pressure from the club to trade Treloar? If that was the case why were the club attempting to offload him a year ago? For the same reason they are trying now - they believe his value on the field is minimal. The figure rating him as the third worst in the competition in terms of effective disposals were eye opening. The real question is why they entered into a contract and then changed their minds so quickly.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:38 am

Do you have to keep repeating this. Treloar is a beautiful kick. His DE is down for the simple reason that he's had hamstring issues for the last three years now.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:21 pm

You're not making any sense.
How can you say he is a beautiful kick but for 3 years he hasn't been? That's akin to saying that his wife is a little bit pregnant. Or that Telly Sevalas and Peter Garrett's hair is lush and beautiful.
There's a reason why every player with poor disposal is that way. It may be poor ball drop, poor decision making, panic- or perhaps, because he has hamstring issues. No need to worry though, older players with 3 years of hamstring injuries always make a good recovery, don't they? And even if they don't, we can just pretend.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:38 pm

Why is it so difficult to understand that if you've had hamstring injuries in both legs you're restricted by your kicking? Thus you tend to handball much more. It has nothing to do with poor ball drop, poor decision making or panicking. Personally I think Adam Treloar should quit the Collingwood football club since it's apparent reading through this thread that the Collingwood supporters don't appreciate him, even to the point where someone posts his stats to somehow assert that Adam is a poor finals performer. Actually it's quite sad and depressing reading what people here think of him.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:19 pm

What are you actually attempting to argue?
That he is a beautiful restricted kick?
Is that something similar to Jack Dyer's "good ordinary footballer"?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:08 pm

Im just so furious bout all this, its just a total fiasco, total cockup, are the bloody Marx Brothers now in control of our list ?, or maybe Dave Hughes ? cos this is just a pathetic joke, what the hell is going on ? IF he wants to stay and is fine commuting to Qld, then let him, whats the problem ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Im just so furious bout all this, its just a total fiasco, total cockup, are the bloody Marx Brothers now in control of our list ?, or maybe Dave Hughes ? cos this is just a pathetic joke, what the hell is going on ? IF he wants to stay and is fine commuting to Qld, then let him, whats the problem ?

I think the problem is that the club saw an opportunity to dump his salary. But when he said he didnt want to move to Qld, it became a bit awkies.

I liked the idea in the other thread about trading Phillips and Sier and using the cap freed up there to keep Treloar.

Regardless, it could have been done a lot smarter. Club is looking a bit foolish atm.

matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:47 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:

Isn't it obvious that his wife moving to Qld for a while isn't the reason for the pressure from the club to trade Treloar? If that was the case why were the club attempting to offload him a year ago? For the same reason they are trying now - they believe his value on the field is minimal. The figure rating him as the third worst in the competition in terms of effective disposals were eye opening. The real question is why they entered into a contract and then changed their minds so quickly.

Last year most clubs were trying to get pick 1 knowing how good Rowell is- and let's be honest - anyone would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Trealor had/has trade value- so clearly was a player we were willing to give up.

Taking a realistic look at our midfielders- he is probably the only one with 'explosive' pace- yet that has dropped off since the hammies.

Jamie and Jordy are able to fill this void.

Re; his disposal- i reckon he looks worse because he is usually under extreme pressure - often self created- he seems to get in the way of others and isnt the best decision maker.

I love his effervescent personality-and he seems a ripping bloke.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:56 pm

He’s on how much a year? Would it kill him to take a pay cut for team success?
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:55 pm

We're looking to inject some quality youth at the draft. Like Port Power did. To get high draft picks, we need to offer value. Treloar is a big money earner who we don't believe can sustain being at the elite level whilst being apart from his family for so long. Collingwood know whatever that truth is, and the opposition don't know as much as we do. Also, 50% discount off his 5 year deal's a lotta money saved and cap space given. We need to turbo charge the team with the likes of Butters, Duursma and Rozee. THAT is exciting. Sad for Adam. But that's free agency for ya!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 189, 190, 191 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 190 of 199   

Jump to: