Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#9 John Noble

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to strongly reconsider our recruitment paths to the Club given the recent success of Checkers, Ginnivan, Noble....and of course Max, H, Wellers and many others in the past.

There is gold in them there hills
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:08 pm

He's all class. Everyone acknowledges his courage, but for some reason I don't understand, some people seem to think he lacks skill and is something of a "rough diamond". Imho, he's got oodles of class to go with his fierce competitiveness. The only thing he lacks is size. For a bloke his size, he would be about the best in the whole AFL. He has great hand-eye coordination, is a terrific mark, a great decision-maker, a beautiful kick, and has a willingness and eagerness to take the game on. He is a beauty.
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:18 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
He's all class. Everyone acknowledges his courage, but for some reason I don't understand, some people seem to think he lacks skill and is something of a "rough diamond". Imho, he's got oodles of class to go with his fierce competitiveness. The only thing he lacks is size. For a bloke his size, he would be about the best in the whole AFL. He has great hand-eye coordination, is a terrific mark, a great decision-maker, a beautiful kick, and has a willingness and eagerness to take the game on. He is a beauty.

Couldn't agree more mate

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:58 pm

One of the posters the other day captured the sentiment correctly when he said the first job of a defender is to defend and win one on ones. This has been something that Noble has struggled to do amidst other redeeming attributes. Sunday was fantastic in his defensive pressure and hope he can continue the new standard.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:11 pm

His defensive pressure was outstanding. Jumped into everything and didn't take a back step.

I just realised he's played 45 consecutive games, so he's firmly entrenched in the best 22 now.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:36 pm

Love John Noble. He is officially an elite small defender. His pace, his courage, his energy, his tackling pressure, is now finally widely acknowledged. I think he is a second Jack Crisp. Jack was "steak knives", John was a mid season pick 19 draft, even less than "steak knives". But he has become a laser like force in defence. He has also played 45 games straight, missing only when inexplicably omitted. (Must have been resting him...no other explanation).
Like Jack, he has unbelievable endurance and resilience.
I feel very secure with Noble in defence.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:36 am

Coach’s MVP, 95% disposal efficiency against Carlton, 21 disposals and a ton of applied pressure
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:18 am

Over the course of my supporting years, I look forward to witnessing on-field deeds of guts, endeavour and sheer force of will, whereby a player evolves to own the number on their guernsey.

The no.9, as we've witnessed over the past 2 weeks in particular, is fast becoming a number associated with playing your guts out and making game changing 2nd efforts. This never say die attitude is very much what we associate with Collingwood DNA.

Those acts inevitably endear yourself to not only our own supporters but those that love to see a player having a crack.

For a bloke selected at Pick 14 — the second last live pick in the mid-season rookie draft, join me in saying well done Johnny Noble, I doff me beanie.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:31 pm

He's been superb.

The coach acknowledged him in his post match presser and said his form has been "very strong" since the Brisbane game when he was the sub.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:09 am

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
We need to strongly reconsider our recruitment paths to the Club given the recent success of Checkers, Ginnivan, Noble....and of course Max, H, Wellers and many others in the past.

There is gold in them there hills

Why, it seems to be working. I would say that the success in these areas is a credit to what we have already been doing. It does not appear to be luck. We seem to be very good at spotting overlooked talent with the intangibles to be successful at AFL level.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:12 am

So nice that I didn’t have to bump this thread this week.

My man John Noble just seems to be going from strength to strength. each week he surpasses his prior superlative performance. Well done Johnny and keep up the good work.

You have done us all proud.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:36 pm

Best 22?
This bloke is in our best half dozen! His efforts week in, week out are second to none. With his excellent disposal efficiency (80.6%), you always feel good about him with ball in hand exiting the back half.
Having a great season!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:34 pm

I'm with you Skids. The kid is a gun.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:46 am
Post subject: What's the knock on John Noble?Reply with quote

Most pundits when "selecting" the best possible Collingwood side do not include John Noble, although some include him as an interchange player. When deciding how new recruits will be squeezed into the side Noble is the first to be eliminated, to make way. There seems to be little love for Noble in this Forum.

And yet, John Noble played 25 games last year. He was selected every week. He was never injured. He was never dropped. I see him as a player with dash who fights hard for the ball and who has reasonable skills. Is my view in the minority? What's the knock on him?. I'm prepared to be enlightened.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:13 am

I have him on the cusp of the 22, in fact he has a foot in, and a foot out.

Or do I prefer him over Mcreery?

Do I prefer Mcreery over Murphy?

I have my days when Noble is a certain starter, and others where his is not.

The issue for me... He is fantastic, a favorite, but not really as damaging playmaker as I'd like.
I feel improvement can be made in that role.. we saw what a Naicos can do.

Richards ? Hill ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 20 of 28   

Jump to: