Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matrix10 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatui Attata wrote:
We're looking to inject some quality youth at the draft. Like Port Power did. To get high draft picks, we need to offer value. Treloar is a big money earner who we don't believe can sustain being at the elite level whilst being apart from his family for so long. Collingwood know whatever that truth is, and the opposition don't know as much as we do. Also, 50% discount off his 5 year deal's a lotta money saved and cap space given. We need to turbo charge the team with the likes of Butters, Duursma and Rozee. THAT is exciting. Sad for Adam. But that's free agency for ya!

perfectly said
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:21 am

is their enough victorian based talent in this draft?

Because we dont need players wanting to go home after 3 seasons because they miss mummy.

and the winter of 2021 will be a huge test of the younger players mental strength after playing in the QLD "winter" all year
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:22 am

Above spoken by a true politician. Turn a catastrophic screw up in salary management into a positive.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:09 am

Presti35 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Im just so furious bout all this, its just a total fiasco, total cockup, are the bloody Marx Brothers now in control of our list ?, or maybe Dave Hughes ? cos this is just a pathetic joke, what the hell is going on ? IF he wants to stay and is fine commuting to Qld, then let him, whats the problem ?

I think the problem is that the club saw an opportunity to dump his salary. But when he said he didnt want to move to Qld, it became a bit awkies.

I liked the idea in the other thread about trading Phillips and Sier and using the cap freed up there to keep Treloar.

Regardless, it could have been done a lot smarter. Club is looking a bit foolish atm.

Would that make him our most expensive player ever? He initially cost pick 7 and a late pick, as well as our first round in the next year (but we got pick 28 back). Throw in Philips and Sier and the cost to obtain and keep him is 4 players.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:55 am

Again, would it kill Treloar to take a pay cut? He’s on $800k a year ffs!!!! If he loves the club soooo much, take a pay cut for team success.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:28 am

SEN has just posted an article with headlien:
"Treloar staring down the barrell of awkward Collingwood return", where it is being strongly suggested that time has almost run out for any potential deal, and Treloar might be stuck with us for 2021. Hmm....not a great situation for Adz, due to the club's incompetence on so many levels.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:32 am

He'll be wearing new colors within 3 days 100%er
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:41 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

I tend to agree with you, as there are only two real possibilities from here.

We keep him is the first possibility. If he remains he will have no faith or trust in Buckley or the club administration and he will not be happy, initially at least. A very large performance drop off wouldn't be unexpected.

The second and more likely possibility is a trade to another club. The problem is that he is the equivalent with a house with a for sale sign that has been there for a year, and the market now knows that the seller is desperate.

Either way, it appears that the club has engineered a poor result for itself.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:56 am

So the question now becomes? Who has the most incentive to want to pick him up? And who of these destination clubs will be attractive for Treloar, and who can afford him both in his trade worth and his price (minus of course whatever incentive we'll have to attach to get someone to pick up his lofty contract)

Bulldogs? Melbourne? Essendon? Hawthorn? StKilda? Carlton?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:58 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
"Treloar staring down the barrell of awkward Collingwood return", where it is being strongly suggested that time has almost run out for any potential deal, and Treloar might be stuck with us for 2021. Hmm....not a great situation for Adz, due to the club's incompetence on so many levels.

i hope this is true, however inside info tells me it wont be so awkward, he may just have an ace up his sleeve, and i would so love to see it come off!!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:16 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:

We keep him is the first possibility. If he remains he will have no faith or trust in Buckley or the club administration and he will not be happy, initially at least. A very large performance drop off wouldn't be unexpected.

The second and more likely possibility is a trade to another club. The problem is that he is the equivalent with a house with a for sale sign that has been there for a year, and the market now knows that the seller is desperate.

The attention span of the average Collingwood supporter is last weekend's game. When Treloar is starring for us next year, kicking goals for us from 50m out, all will have been forgotten and forgiven.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:33 am

think positive wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

i hope this is true, however inside info tells me it wont be so awkward, he may just have an ace up his sleeve, and i would so love to see it come off!!

Is it similar to the ace Beams has up his sleeve?
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:35 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:

The attention span of the average Collingwood supporter is last weekend's game. When Treloar is starring for us next year, kicking goals for us from 50m out, all will have been forgotten and forgiven.

My memory isn't what it used to be as I can't remember how far out he was when he kicked his goal this year.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:41 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
think positive wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

nothing like it, if only, beams might have been of use to us!

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:59 am

think positive wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
think positive wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

nothing like it, if only, beams might have been of use to us!

Please tell us more,Think Positive.This sounds intriguing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 191 of 199   

Jump to: