Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Lyon at it again, saying people should be sacked and acting like other clubs don’t do what Collingwood is allegedly doing to half its playing list, their wives, mothers, and dogs. Gary, you here mate, I suspect you post on Nicks!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:45 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Gary Lyon at it again, saying people should be sacked and acting like other clubs don’t do what Collingwood is allegedly doing to half its playing list, their wives, mothers, and dogs. Gary, you here mate, I suspect you post on Nicks!

got a url for this bro?

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:54 am

Only thing I can think would save the club right now is if Eddie came out and said, this was all a ploy to motivate Adam, Jayden and Tom.
Otherwise, the club’s culture is screwed thanks to whatever moron signed all these ridiculous contracts!!

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:58 am

Jus wondering - IF a professional Athlete among the highest paid at your club suggested he wanted to fly back and forth to QLD each week what would be the response? Essentially try for mond/tues in QLD and back for training wed in a normal fixture week.

A player that has had significant injuries in the last few years.
Has had by his own admission some mental health struggles and will have to say goodbye to his wife and new daughter every week throughout the season. Then head home where he will essentially be by himself.

What happens when injured ? Does a 2 week injury become 4?
What effect will that extra travel have on his body? His recovery?

Do you think its reasonable for a club to suggest this might not be tenable?

Would it be a different reaction if he were only on $200k ?

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:22 pm

The club doesn’t need the noise in 2021.

It’s highly likely based on past behaviour that he won’t cope well with the living away from family scenario. Most people wouldn’t, including me!

This will create unwanted noise considering a form slump or time away from the club.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:01 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Jus wondering - IF a professional Athlete among the highest paid at your club suggested he wanted to fly back and forth to QLD each week what would be the response? Essentially try for mond/tues in QLD and back for training wed in a normal fixture week.

Has had by his own admission some mental health struggles and will have to say goodbye to his wife and new daughter every week throughout the season. Then head home where he will essentially be by himself.

I think that it was Russell Ebert that did that when he lived in Adelaide and played for North. He said that for him, it just didn't work.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:16 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
The club doesn’t need the noise in 2021.

It’s highly likely based on past behaviour that he won’t cope well with the living away from family scenario. Most people wouldn’t, including me!

This will create unwanted noise considering a form slump or time away from the club.

I know people who have done the long distance thing. They thought they were prepared, they could cope, they’re only a 2 hour flight away... and then the wheels fell off the more time went by, kid was missing the parent who was under pressure to drop work and fly up, drama and stress at work happened, etc. if Ads and his missus think it’ll be easy with the pressure of elite sport, they’re in for a wake up call. If Ads is still at the club next year, expect him to miss games due to “hamstring tightness.”

Although on his wage he can afford a private jet.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:31 pm

I am surprised AT thinks he can make it work being away from spouse and child during the year.

As an employee of the football club, he'd have to accept being away from them for extended periods of time - no travel during the week that disrupts training etc.

If you want to be paid as a professional, you need to act like one.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:38 pm

MJ23 wrote:

You are creating a straw man. Treloar has never suggested he would be flying to and from Qld each week. If that suggestion is being peddled by anyone connected to our club, then it is a disgrace.

Let's all be a bit honest and make it clear that Collingwood needs to free up a shit load of money from its salary cap because they agreed to pay Treloar way too much over a 7 yr period. The club needs to free up a large chunk of Adam's salary in order to retain JDG. Furthermore, the club may well believe that Treloar is becoming increasingly injury prone, so better to sell him now than try in a couple of years when he is worth much, much less.

It's all a great shame and doesn't reflect very well on the professionalism of our list management. For all his faults/weaknesses, there is no doubt that Treloar is one of our top 5 players.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:03 pm

While the Bulldogs are in a strong position to deny Dunkley's trade request I still sense with Treloar available it'll cushion the blow and they'll decide to part with a player who has declared his desire to be elsewhere.

The Bulldogs fit the narrative of Treloar wanting to stay in Melbourne and be part of a side capable of winning a Premiership in the near future.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:06 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I am surprised AT thinks he can make it work being away from spouse and child during the year.

As an employee of the football club, he'd have to accept being away from them for extended periods of time - no travel during the week that disrupts training etc.

Well if he does get traded, that will be at least one club who thinks he can make it work.
We don’t walk in his shoes, so I don’t get why people keep feeling the need to speak on his behalf.
As I have said before, let’s flip the same scenario and make it Martin, Bont or Fyfe. I’m tipping the club would find a way to make it work.
This is about his wage and perhaps his hammies and nothing else.
58pie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Such a useful word Dullard when Eddie described those critising AusPosts Christine Holgate. Eddie take a walk with Mr Guy and while you are there "Please Explain" . Give Adam a watch and plead with him to stay & Stevo too . GO PIES
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:40 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Well if he does get traded, that will be at least one club who thinks he can make it work.
We don’t walk in his shoes, so I don’t get why people keep feeling the need to speak on his behalf.
As I have said before, let’s flip the same scenario and make it Martin, Bont or Fyfe. I’m tipping the club would find a way to make it work.

Maybe it's his previous battles with mental health. Maybe the Pies don't want another Dayne Beams situation where we are paying someone $800k to make resin furniture and paint.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:33 pm
Post subject: WarReply with quote

As it is Remembrance Day tomorrow please pay your respects as the Guns fell silent. But also don't forget that Veterans were separated from their loved ones and many forever. These modern day players on the money they are on must be prepared to make a sacrifice for the Club and the paying members. Otherwise don't ask for the huge pay. I am sick of hearing about how tough it is on players. Fair dinkum. Compare this to the diggers.!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:41 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Maybe it's his previous battles with mental health. Maybe the Pies don't want another Dayne Beams situation where we are paying someone $800k to make resin furniture and paint.

Possibly mental health also plays a part in Collingwoods desire to move him on but what doesn’t, is his partner accepting a netball contract in Qld in 2021.
And that’s because we tried to unload him to the Suns 12 months ago for the number one pick. Nothing wrong with that, except that conversation occurred long before his partner had anything to do a Qld netball team.
Let’s just call it for what it is, a blatant salary dump. That’s fine but I can’t help but feel his partner has become a convenient lever for Collingwood to pull in this mess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 192 of 199   

Jump to: