Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:13 pm
Post subject: Re: WarReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
As it is Remembrance Day tomorrow please pay your respects as the Guns fell silent. But also don't forget that Veterans were separated from their loved ones and many forever. These modern day players on the money they are on must be prepared to make a sacrifice for the Club and the paying members. Otherwise don't ask for the huge pay. I am sick of hearing about how tough it is on players. Fair dinkum. Compare this to the diggers.!

You cannot compare modern day sport with war. They are not required to sacrifice for the club: they are required to look out for the rest of their lives, supporting their wives and children, when they retire, and often have no other real income earning prospects beyond football.
On Remembrance Day, remember those soldiers who made the highest sacrifice because they were told that this was the war to end all wars. Don't bring the remuneration of footballers into it.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Jus wondering - IF a professional Athlete among the highest paid at your club suggested he wanted to fly back and forth to QLD each week what would be the response? Essentially try for mond/tues in QLD and back for training wed in a normal fixture week.

A player that has had significant injuries in the last few years.
Has had by his own admission some mental health struggles and will have to say goodbye to his wife and new daughter every week throughout the season. Then head home where he will essentially be by himself.

What happens when injured ? Does a 2 week injury become 4?
What effect will that extra travel have on his body? His recovery?

Do you think its reasonable for a club to suggest this might not be tenable?

Would it be a different reaction if he were only on $200k ?

You are creating a straw man. Treloar has never suggested he would be flying to and from Qld each week. If that suggestion is being peddled by anyone connected to our club, then it is a disgrace.

Let's all be a bit honest and make it clear that Collingwood needs to free up a shit load of money from its salary cap because they agreed to pay Treloar way too much over a 7 yr period. The club needs to free up a large chunk of Adam's salary in order to retain JDG. Furthermore, the club may well believe that Treloar is becoming increasingly injury prone, so better to sell him now than try in a couple of years when he is worth much, much less.

It's all a great shame and doesn't reflect very well on the professionalism of our list management. For all his faults/weaknesses, there is no doubt that Treloar is one of our top 5 players.

Hmmmmm. Thought I’d written it in a way that suggested I’d had some inside info. Can categorically say I have NOT heard this or anything like this from the club. I’m also very confident in what I suggested as being correct.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:59 pm

I still have a suspicion there’s something else going on with Treloar that will most likely never see the light of day.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:19 pm

Deal has been done.

Welcome to Collingwood Ed Richards.

Collingwood has offered Ed a 4 year back ended contract in trade for Treloar + collingwood paying his contract.

Reports Ed is excited to get back to his traditional home.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:28 am

^ OK, i know the young fella bears a great Magpie name, sure looks a Richards, and hes a lively good player, no doubt of that. But, im not just sure if this is enough compensation for Treloar, who can be a brilliant player at times. Maybe this is all bout Collingwood wanting to save a buck, i just dunno, i would have swapped someone like Phillips for Ed, but is he really worth a player like Treolar ? im kinda stunned to say the least.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:29 am

I’m pretty sure it’s a pisstake.....

Well, it better be!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:15 am

From today's Herald Sun. Apparently, Adz is "hard to coach", according to this article, because he has "difficulty in accepting feedback on certain aspects of his game" and "coaches feel that they must treat him with kid gloves".

Collingwood’s ruthless decision to jettison Adam Treloar is on the brink of paying off, with the Pies midfielder meeting the Western Bulldogs for a medical test in Melbourne yesterday....

<Snip - per The Rules, please don't quote articles from the Murdoch press in full. They do protect their copyright and nobody wants to be sued. Thanks, the mods team.>

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:44 am

^ didn't realize that, regarding articles. Bit rich when the journos scour the forums looking for gossip.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:46 am

So if he ends up at the Bulldogs - what is he worth in terms of a trade?
Pick 14 enough??
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:08 am

Straight swap for Dunkley 😂
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:46 am

mattdally wrote:
Pick 14 enough??

Reports are that a 2nd round will get him as it's a 'Fire Sale'... If the club do this they can get well & truely f****d

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:51 am

mattdally wrote:
Pick 14 enough??

If Bulldogs get pick 6 for Dunkley then I think that could form part of the deal.

Swapping next years first rounder and this years could be part of the mix.
Does Richards come into it ? Does Bailey Dale who we were keen on come into it ?

As a true worth without taking into account his salary I reckon pick 6 is about right.
Pick 14 which goes out to 17 or there abouts isnt quite enough, but if they said you only have to pay $50 K of his package then it gets close to the mark.

Hopefully we can help eachother with swapping first rounders to allow maximum value on father son picks.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:55 am

Ev5Magpies wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Pick 14 enough??

Reports are that a 2nd round will get him as it's a 'Fire Sale'... If the club do this they can get well & truely f****d

The worst I would accept would be pick 14 and only if we contribute $50k to salary and even then its a win for WB.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:00 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
From today's Herald Sun. Apparently, Adz is "hard to coach", according to this article, because he has "difficulty in accepting feedback on certain aspects of his game" and "coaches feel that they must treat him with kid gloves".

Collingwood’s ruthless decision to jettison Adam Treloar is on the brink of paying off, with the Pies midfielder meeting the Western Bulldogs for a medical test in Melbourne yesterday....

<Snip - per The Rules, please don't quote articles from the Murdoch press in full. They do protect their copyright and nobody wants to be sued. Thanks, the mods team.>

LOL, Murdoch press are such a beacon for media coverage in this country....NOT!

derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:05 am

magpieazza wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Pick 14 enough??

If Bulldogs get pick 6 for Dunkley then I think that could form part of the deal.

Swapping next years first rounder and this years could be part of the mix.
Does Richards come into it ? Does Bailey Dale who we were keen on come into it ?

As a true worth without taking into account his salary I reckon pick 6 is about right.
Pick 14 which goes out to 17 or there abouts isnt quite enough, but if they said you only have to pay $50 K of his package then it gets close to the mark.

Hopefully we can help eachother with swapping first rounders to allow maximum value on father son picks.

On 2019 form with no injuries and with Trelaor wanting to walk. Yep pick 6.

Collingwood problem is three fold:

1. Collingwood are pushing him out the door.

2. We are clearly desperate for the cap space.

3. Bulldogs are the only interested club.

All of this means Collingwood has zero bargaining power . Given all of the above and that Collingwood may only pay 150k of his contract per year pick 17 would be a win the club would take..

Yep maybe even a second round pick. But you knows who's problem this is...Collingwood's!

The lower the pick the dogs offer the more cap they will pay. The higher the pick the more we will pay.

Some people need to get thier heads around trading...this isn't a "Collingwood wins every trade" situation. Some people live in this dream world where Josh Thomas = pick 3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 193 of 199   

Jump to: