Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Adam Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattdally wrote:
Some people need to get thier heads around trading...this isn't a "Collingwood wins every trade" situation.

Of course it’s not🙄 this is more like a “Collingwood losses every trade” situation going from bad to worse. Geez someone needs to pay for this embarrassing fiasco🤬 Bloody pathetic work😡

mattdally 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:47 am

Lazza wrote:
mattdally wrote:
Some people need to get thier heads around trading...this isn't a "Collingwood wins every trade" situation.

Of course it’s not🙄 this is more like a “Collingwood losses every trade” situation going from bad to worse. Geez someone needs to pay for this embarrassing fiasco🤬 Bloody pathetic work😡

I didn't write that Laughing
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:53 am

Lazza wrote:
mattdally wrote:

Yep, as per the Beams trade ...the person or persons who ok'd or pushed for the deal never take responsibility.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:58 am

I agree someone has to pay for the fiaso bc we are a club answerable to our members and supporters.

I wouldnt say sack Eddie or sack Bux bc we are doing something right as all players dont actually want to leave the club.

So it comes down to the list manager or the blokes/sheilas that organises the contracts, who is/are.......?

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:29 pm

Geez, I wish Graham Wright would come home.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:35 pm

we are not in a situation to be getting a "fair deal" here lol

we will be lucky to get a guest appearance at a luncheon from Brad Johnson in this deal. the whole world knows we need to get rid of his salary.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:58 pm

The greatest win we had this past season- the one that most typified the Magpies spirit - was IMHO the Elimination Final against the Eagles. Who were named as the best players in that game? Adams, TRELOAR, Checkers, COX, Pendles, Mayne. Even STETEPHENSON was instrumental in the last minute.
And here we are, wanting to trade out those three names, because of a huge list management error. It's downright ludicrous and I have lost faith in the club.
The Collingwood " side by side" mantra that we the supporters are sold, the glue that is meant to hold us all together, is in reality, a farce and means nothing now. I am completely disillusioned.
I 'll always follow and support the players in black and white, but the club itself? After 52 years, I'm not so sure any more.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:18 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
The greatest win we had this past season- the one that most typified the Magpies spirit - was IMHO the Elimination Final against the Eagles. Who were named as the best players in that game? Adams, TRELOAR, Checkers, COX, Pendles, Mayne. Even STETEPHENSON was instrumental in the last minute.
And here we are, wanting to trade out those three names, because of a huge list management error. It's downright ludicrous and I have lost faith in the club.
The Collingwood " side by side" mantra that we the supporters are sold, the glue that is meant to hold us all together, is in reality, a farce and means nothing now. I am completely disillusioned.
I 'll always follow and support the players in black and white, but the club itself? After 52 years, I'm not so sure any more.

This is a serious comment that the club needs to address.

I know many supporters aged from their 20's to 70's that are feeling the same.

I've felt taken for granted in the past as a member. And I fkn bleed for this club. $900 memberships every year, countless purchases at the shop and online over the years. Going to game after game, through the poor years too. I've also had to move my seats which I fkn loved, but then tonnes of opposition supporters started getting seats in the Collingwood area and we were moved.

And with the donation of my most recent membership going to the club, I've received an A5 certificate with a facsimile signature from Eddie and Bucks. With an iron on patch and a pin. With the promise of something else to come when the time is right.

And now with the current fiasco, namely with Treloar, we have to ask ourselves, what does "Side by Side" actually mean?

This club owes us answers.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:20 pm

I’m starting to truly believe the people making decisions at the club really have 0 sense of planning and knowledge on so many aspects of football

Firstly the Treloar saga which is what it’s turned into now has been so poorly handled it beggars belief
If we wanted Treloar gone why publish the fact we are in cap trouble and need to offload him then use a hyperthetical scenario of him not being able to play good football when his partner and daughter are absent ? All this has done is diminish his value to the point we are hearing rumours of a 2nd round pick in return for a player we gave up 2 x 1st round picks for and was in the AA squad 2 of the past 3 years ?
Apparently now his uncoachable ? So if this is the case is this a recent thing or has it been for a while ? If it’s recent then the coach needs to be held responsible if it’s been the case for a while then why was he given a long term deal on big bucks ?

Now the Stephenson to north because he’s apparently got off field behavioural issues we can’t deal with
Really a guy capable of kicking 30-50 goals a season and we can’t find a way to get him to behave like a professional footballer ?

We all know the issues JDG has had and we are being held to ransom over his salary as well.

Someone answer me this
Has this club completely lost its mojo ?
When was it considered ok to shoot your self in the foot over so many players ?
Why do we always fail to land the really big fish in FA ?
How can our cap be in such a mess we can’t find a way to appease players and still be a chance to land players from other clubs ? Geelong Richmond Carlton Essendon Brisbane are all landing good players in sides who are finalists or close to be finalists yet we are having to give away our best players for nothing in return basically

We obviously have real internal issues with player management, welfare and leadership. There is no way this could happen to a club if there wasn’t layers of incompetence at all levels

IMO we over pay player based on what the market value would be. If a player doesn’t want to accept our offer then ok go to the market in a position of strength demand what is fair in trade value and if we don’t get it match the offer if we have to and force the situation
We look like pushovers all the time
The Grundy deal is going to hurt us long term
I’m not saying he isn’t a good player nor am I saying he isn’t valuable but he’s now our highest paid player yet he has limited influence on the outcome of a game
He’s on reportedly $200k less a season than Martin and who has a bigger impact on there teams chances of winning games ?
I said at the time we should keep Grundy but not at any price he isn’t the most valuable player in our side and for all his attributes he has many weaknesses as well

Our club is becoming the new Carlton with everyone laughing at us
I’m completely annoyed and amazed how a side can go from the west coast win to this in a matter of weeks
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:04 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I’m starting to truly believe the people making decisions at the club really have 0 sense of planning and knowledge on so many aspects of football

Firstly the Treloar saga which is what it’s turned into now has been so poorly handled it beggars belief
If we wanted Treloar gone why publish the fact we are in cap trouble and need to offload him then use a hyperthetical scenario of him not being able to play good football when his partner and daughter are absent ? All this has done is diminish his value to the point we are hearing rumours of a 2nd round pick in return for a player we gave up 2 x 1st round picks for and was in the AA squad 2 of the past 3 years ?
Apparently now his uncoachable ? So if this is the case is this a recent thing or has it been for a while ? If it’s recent then the coach needs to be held responsible if it’s been the case for a while then why was he given a long term deal on big bucks ?

Now the Stephenson to north because he’s apparently got off field behavioural issues we can’t deal with
Really a guy capable of kicking 30-50 goals a season and we can’t find a way to get him to behave like a professional footballer ?

We all know the issues JDG has had and we are being held to ransom over his salary as well.

Someone answer me this
Has this club completely lost its mojo ?
When was it considered ok to shoot your self in the foot over so many players ?
Why do we always fail to land the really big fish in FA ?
How can our cap be in such a mess we can’t find a way to appease players and still be a chance to land players from other clubs ? Geelong Richmond Carlton Essendon Brisbane are all landing good players in sides who are finalists or close to be finalists yet we are having to give away our best players for nothing in return basically

We obviously have real internal issues with player management, welfare and leadership. There is no way this could happen to a club if there wasn’t layers of incompetence at all levels

IMO we over pay player based on what the market value would be. If a player doesn’t want to accept our offer then ok go to the market in a position of strength demand what is fair in trade value and if we don’t get it match the offer if we have to and force the situation
We look like pushovers all the time
The Grundy deal is going to hurt us long term
I’m not saying he isn’t a good player nor am I saying he isn’t valuable but he’s now our highest paid player yet he has limited influence on the outcome of a game
He’s on reportedly $200k less a season than Martin and who has a bigger impact on there teams chances of winning games ?
I said at the time we should keep Grundy but not at any price he isn’t the most valuable player in our side and for all his attributes he has many weaknesses as well

Our club is becoming the new Carlton with everyone laughing at us
I’m completely annoyed and amazed how a side can go from the west coast win to this in a matter of weeks

yep, overpaid players who dont live up to expectation, players who are hard to coach, leadership goes home to have a baby 2 weeks before the finals and doesnt come back, now we pander to a player who is being a total arse, de gogo, and want to chuck out as loyal one, along with a very talented kid who could be what we need with a few extra kg, one who was very ill preseason ,with something that takes months to truly get over in the best of times. these were not the best of times. who are we having these behavioural problems? who is hanging onto his contract that ends next year and who is leading this bullshit debacle? A good coaching team finds a way to coach the uncoachable, a good coaching team knows no one is uncoachable. and if eddie is still drinking the bloody bathwater he can **** right off too!

that westcoast game, the players didnt paly robot style, they played like they had nothing to lose because everyone thought they would. set them free.

we have a very expensive very tall son of a gun playing defence!! he should be forward, he could easily be the one who solves our KPP problem.

i am so $$%^%%$ pissed off i have hardly been looking at the trade stuff. what the **** am i paying a grand final ticket premium for??? its laughable

Last edited by think positive on Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:35 pm

Regardless of the rationales for attempting to offload a number of quality players, from a PR stand point, our club has handled this trade period disastrously. The next time anyone from our club mentions "side by side", the hypocrisy will be deafening.

We have managed to deeply damage our 'brand'.

I knew that some players would be off loaded after our pathetic performance in the Geelong Final, but the manner in which this has been mismanaged, coupled with the public acknowledgment of our mismanaged salary cap situation, is a deplorable situation. It smacks of some amateurish decision-making. Despite our lack of Premiership success, I thought our club was nevertheless being run in a professional manner.

Quite frankly, I'm embarrassed by the incompetence being displayed by our football department, which risks severely damaging the culture and spirit within our club. Hopefully, we recover quickly and put all of this mess behind us asap, but there is a serious risk that we could be in for years of mediocrity, stemming from a damaged team culture.

Not happy Jan.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:07 pm

The fact that we re-signed him I just can't get over. I understand they back loaded the money into the new deal but jesus if that equals $900K per for the next 5 Ned Guy should quit.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:18 pm

I'm also of the same mind with the above comments. I'm a paid up member who didn't go to a single live game this year(like everybody else here). I wouldn't hesitate again to give money to the club because I know they need the support of the members. However I'm so disillusioned with the way the club is behaving, especially with regard to asking current players to take pay cuts, there are certain people at the club I'll never feel the same about again. You need to go back to the early 1980's when this club was so badly managed. It even defies all logic that when the club is asked to comment about what's going on they put up a cone of silence to suggest that by commenting they would be giving the game away. The opposition clubs aren't that stupid. They've already worked out that Collingwood have a salary cap problem and they intend screwing the club for all it's worth. This will take years for us to recover. Our coaches deserved better.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:42 pm

My God I am so distraught and angry at Collingwood fc for their ineptitude.

Eddie, I wasnt thinking the "Sack Eddie " themes going around are entirely correct and do reek of pure emotional reactional anger, but you need to address this horrible nightmare we find ourselves in.
You have to come out by Friday the latest with a massive announcement about where this club is heading and you will need to bring some heads on a silver platter.

Please do not under sell this situation and come out with smug comments because you will be hauled over the coals for a long long time.

This is different this time Eddie !!

You have to explain WTF happened and how CFC is going to fix it!!!!

My membership will not be bought until I know what Im getting.

This is a disgrace and we need leadership now!!

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:54 pm

^ gees looks like the Pies might not have any supporters next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 194 of 199   

Jump to: