Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sydney And Willo!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 2:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i don't give a shit if we trade every player on our list as long as we start performing. I think some ppl on this board arn't facing the facts...Willo performns well when collingwood does, which at the moment means he is playing shit. Why do some supporters always want to keep players that they say is was a champion,and don't trade him. Im with Joffa, don't give two hoots about this deal.
Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 3:38 am

magpiera: For the record, we traded Schauble for Mark Kinnear, who never evn showed up to pre-season, letalone play a game for us.

As for the use of the draft picks, just read in today's AGE that we on-traded pickl #8 for Fremantle's James Clement & Brodie Holland (& #22 pick).

Thoughts, people???

I don't care enough about the Shockers to really have an opinion on these 2 players.
Carringbush 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 5:53 am

Broadie,
Clements 24yo 190cm utility backman can play forward/Holland
20yo 178cm mid feilder was budding mid distance runner + #22
in return for our #8 pick would be a great result from the
Willo trade i.e. Net Result
positive - 20yo with promise
24yo utility backman
# 22
# 38
negative - 27yo mid feilder
In my opinion we have (if the freo trades go thru)traded for a profit with the possibility (with Judkins ability of spotting young talent)of finding one good player with #22 or #38.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 12:25 pm

sounds pretty good but does anyone know why both of them played under 10 games each? injury or what?
ytry4 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 12:27 pm

Nick (the Pie Man), does WILLIAMS play well when Collingwood does, or does COLLINGWOOD play well when Williams does??? Think about that one...

[This message has been edited by ytry4 (edited 11 September 2000).]

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 3:59 pm

hmmm no williams plays well when collingwood does.
Be picks up form collingwood as a team plays well, he runs with the momentum.
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 6:24 pm

although i admired williams ability to kick a great goal on the run over the last two seasons the sight of him doing that lately have been few and far between. Compare the work eithic of his to Buckleys and you have a proper comparison of two players one great, the other very good but not great because he is just plain slack. Williams and Buckley could of made a combination like burke and harvey were at ST kilda back in 1997. Ironically back in 1997 was when the two played their best footy together. Buckley will try all day regardless of the team he is playing in and how badly they are playing. Williams seems to go out of the play when the team is down and guys like nick davis and buckley keep pluggin away - they are our future. Williams can go play bottom of the top eight finals footy with the swans. The swans are not gonna be much anyway kelly is old dunkley is old luff, schwarz, alison etc all on the wrong side of 30. In a couple of years we will finish ahead of the swans and they wont have won a flag. Malthouse is following the Bombers model of getting a core of talented youngsters all around the same age and getting them to peak at the same time, rather than as we do now where we have Buckley peaking and the rest like williams, Sav crosisca and brown all past it and us dwelling on their past feats. no disrepect to the two Gavs, or Sav just that they were past their best football and we have to move on quickly rather than stay in the doldrums for more years. best offload the any slackers like Willo and build a team now for the future then wait any longer.
something else could someone tell me all the Official De-listings so far this year?

[This message has been edited by Newelly (edited 12 September 2000).]
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 3:59 am

I too have admired William's ability, all over the ground but the fact is his consistency has been apalling. Newelly, I agree with you totally there.

Collingwood must build a great side through its youth, it is a policy that will work and we must stick by it. Will people also remember that Essendon finished 14th in 1997, look at the difference a couple of years has made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: