Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Swap James Hird For Nathan Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:19 pm
Post subject: you disgraceReply with quote

Let me give you some facts about J.Hird

His best finals performances were against sides who are considered pretenders.

His best two finals games were against

Richmond 2001
Melbourne 2000

What did Hird do against Brisbane with Brad Scott on him? Oh im sorry he played like a DUD. Dont give me that crap that he was 'injured'. HIS ALWAYS INJURED, not to mention the rumours that his first breakdown was a cover up for drug usage.

How can you give the guy a medal that eptiomizes COURAGE when he played without a man for 3 quarters ?!?!? Buckleys performance was ANZAC like. He fought when the shit had hit the fan. Hird just joined in the party at the right time.

Have a look at the games that Jimmy Clement plays on Hird and you will see what a royal ass kaining is Sammy.

Look at Buckleys best games and they have been under adversity. I didnt see Hird winning the Norm Smith in a losing Grand Final side. And Buckley showed us 2 weeks ago that it was not a fluke either by ramming it up every Brisbanes supporters ass.

No player who plays in the middle for 4 quarters is going to kick five goals.. Especially in a side with enough forwards for 2. How bought making some rational observations? Hird and Voss are allowed the LUXARY of playing in the forward line or half back. Buckley is NEVER given this luxary.

Hird is a good player... Just dont repulse me by suggesting we trade a guy who did us a favour by enduring such shit sides for his entire career. If your a Collingwood supporter it makes this whole dam post a bigger disgrace.
Sammy Gee 

Scum supporter who tried to jump on the Collingwood bandwagon and discovered (too late) that there wasn't one!!! GONE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Im mainly focusing on Hirds better captaining skills. both players have supreme skill, probably the best 2 players from victoria, but in the end hird just has something about him that just inspires essendon. If u watch the majority of essendons recent succeses, they have been predominantly drawn from hirds inspiration. im not doubting our skippers skill level, or his captaining skills, which are both extraordinary, its just that james hird can lead a team to a flag, which he has already proved.
Both marvellous players, equally talented, but Hird just wins out on his captaining skills.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:34 pm

Sammy Gee wrote:
Im mainly focusing on Hirds better captaining skills. both players have supreme skill, probably the best 2 players from victoria, but in the end hird just has something about him that just inspires essendon. If u watch the majority of essendons recent succeses, they have been predominantly drawn from hirds inspiration. im not doubting our skippers skill level, or his captaining skills, which are both extraordinary, its just that james hird can lead a team to a flag, which he has already proved.
Both marvellous players, equally talented, but Hird just wins out on his captaining skills.

Hey Sammy tell me about Hirds brilliant grand final speech against Brisbane when they lost. Did not this great captain that you speak of spit the dummy?? Please tell me where his leadership skills were then??

jlc

lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:38 pm

Sammy when have his captaining skills ever been tested?

Has he ever had to sign a contract with a side FULL of duds?

And a side coached by a man with no coaching skill or direction....

Has he ever had less than 3 other senior footballers around him to relieve his pressure?

The answer is NO.

James Hird has never had to do more than sit out of half the games in his career and then interchange between the middle, forward line and half back. If you compare each player you see two very different scenarios.

I think Hird may be more composed in terms of his temper. However he has never had to take on as much pressure as Nathan. I also dont think Hird scrutinizes himself as much as Buckley does.

Last edited by lethalburns on Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:38 pm

umm sorry S G but how can Hird be in the top 5 this year when there have only been 5 rounds? we still got 17 more to go.....

Every captain has its ups and downs but u cant say that Buxs isnt as good as hird just coz yesty hird happened to be B.O.G....

We understand u dont think of Hird like most of us do but u should expect that if u r gonna say we would be better of with a player that is either down or up not like buxs who is consistant then expect the replies u r recieving!

Hird has had his time and now he is slowly getting older but Buxs still has 5-7 years left in him! The only reason Buxs doesnt seem as high class as he has been these last few years is coz our team is so good that we dont rely on 1 person(there is no I in team) we have others to help share this responsibilty....

Oh and with ur comment on how he sprays the players common if sumone does a shit kick or turns the ball over he would need a spray to keep him in line so he doesnt do it again this is just a way of his leadership! So its okay for Mick to spray them after a loss or at the breaks but a Captain cant do it on the field?

Buxs and Hird r great Captains but they r to different to be compared!

Interesting more Sinkers than Floaters....

Last edited by TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m on Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Sammy Gee 

Scum supporter who tried to jump on the Collingwood bandwagon and discovered (too late) that there wasn't one!!! GONE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:40 pm

thats a fair point lethalburns..
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:42 pm

Anyone can control their frustrations when their team is up by 10 goals. The REAL Hird was exposed in his grand final speech against Brisbane as it was VERY Ungracious and he sounded like a spoilt brat.

jlc

Sammy Gee 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:44 pm

JLC, name one captain in the AFL who would be gracious after losing a grand final?
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:46 pm

NATHAN BUCKLEY Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Sammy Gee 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:49 pm

hhaha..Buckley was the most gracious captain last year after not even appreciating the norm smith medal, now that was very "ungracious"
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:54 pm

There was nothing about not appreciating it.

He felt bad that he won it. Mabye no one told you about the discussion Scott Burns had with Bucks.

Also Buckley did what any good captain would do, and that was congratulate the opposition and give his teams supporters hope. The collingwood supporters in the stand were still cheering for Collingwood after we lost. I was at both the 2001/2002 GF and saw very different responses from each side supporters in response to their captain. I had fellow members next to me in tears after Buck's speech. Dont try to construe the event.

I could have been far more honest and degraded Hird by bringing up the dramas he caused after 2000 when he suggested Essendon was falling apart.

Last edited by lethalburns on Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:56 pm

hahah sammy sammy sammy wat would u do after u just lost the granny BUT u win the norm smith its like hey u were the best on ground but hey it wasnt gooid enough for ur team to win but here take this medal!!

its like rubbing salt in the wound dude!!

Sammy Gee 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:18 am

hird has proved his captaining abilities by winning a premiership, buckley is yet to show that he is "that good" yet, maybe in the future, but certainly he hasnt so far.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:30 am

I'd take a premiership medal any day over the norm smith. I mean being BOG in the GF is awesome, but like last year it doesn't mean you’re on the winning side. How would u feel if u won the norm smith on a losing side, I mean u wouldn't exactly be partying would you? He congratulated Brisbane and thanked the supporters and he gave us hope for the future. He shoed us that he believes in his team.

Nathan Buckley is one of the most inspirational players ever to wear the black and white. James Hird is the same for the black and red. Both are great players, but to say that you'd swap Bucks for Hird is ridiculous!

It doesn't matter what anyone says, Nathan Buckley will always be a hero to the Collingwood supporters. And there is nothing wrong with his captaincy of the club.

What is next? I suppose swapping Sheedy for Malthouse?!

Last edited by Presti35 on Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:32 am

Sammy your going off the rails a bit mate...

Hird has had a side capable of winning a flag. In fact the Bombers are considered underachievers by many people with their 1 flag after such a long period of opportunity.

Buckley lifted a side that, whether we like it or not, is still trying to plug holes.

I fail to see how Buckley alone is suppose to win us a flag when the rest of our side is not doing their bit. He did more than enough to give us every chance against Brisbane. Unfortunately some could say the zero contribution from L/N.Davis and the injured Malloy along with some dubious umpiring decisions was worth more than 9 points.

Hird certaintly did NOTHING against quality opposition. The reality is Hird and Buckley are two very different players who should have not been compared to begin with.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: