Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match - Pies beat Cats by 24. All comments here please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

our disposal was poor a better side would have choped us up more.I reckon thompson made a mistake in not playing hunter as we had half our backline out.Good to see mm has no favourites and treats everyone equal as we had bucks and woewodin on the bench.Geelong lacked a quality foward were we had plenty of options.

Umpiring was shocking i thought the move of b sheehan geting injured was the highlight of the night but the umpiring got worse.The umpires have got to see through this staging for frees crap if you are not sure call play on.

Lokans couple of efforts was not good but did get better next 4 weeks will tell us were we are at as the past 5 games were teams outside the 8 except freo. 2nd or 1st SPOT is up for grabs lets take it

Quote- Dean Laidley said this "afl football is played 90% above the shoulders get the mind right anything can happen"
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:25 pm

Well im tipping the pies to go into september undefeated i believe are we not only the best victorian side in the 8 but its my honest opinion that we are also the very best side in the 8.....Wink

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
BigVman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:41 am

In my dreams Joffa. Still it'll prolly have to take us winning 13 straight to win the flag this year so why not
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:11 am

Although not pretty, this win was definitely a notable one – we looked down, our skill level wasn’t up to standard and we were struggling in the first half - but credit to the boys for coming out in the second half knowing what they had to do and getting the job done. As Mick mentioned, we may not have won this match last season so this was an important win. It may not have been a quality game but the four points is exactly what’s needed as we continue to creep higher on the ladder. With some top games coming up, it will certainly be the next four weeks that will go towards deciding our 2003 finals fate.

Scott Burns – well, we say it every week – he is a superstar and puts in 110% effort every quarter, every match – great stuff. Josh worked hard and his rucking and confidence improves with every game. Rocca really stood up and put his stamp on the match when it was most needed – when he’s firing he’s unstoppable. I thought Woey had another good solid game – I think his toughness at the ball and his consistency is constantly improving. Tazza keeps doing all the hard stuff and although it would be nice to see a few more goals against his name, his leading, running, marking and second-efforts are fantastic. As for THAT mark – AWESOME - and definitely MARK OF THE YEAR material! Go Tazz! And great to see McGough showing some form - he is definitely a ball magnet and with some improvement with his disposal and a more experience on those young shoulders he'll do some great stuff in the future.

Bucks worked hard but didn’t have his usual influence and although Molly is always dangerous, he did let his opponents run off him and out of our forward line too easily on occasions. Cole (awesome tackling!), Holland, Johnson, Licuria, Lonie, O’Bree, Shaw and Wakelin all made a solid contribution while Lokan, and Williams didn’t have their best games. McKee didn’t get a lot of the ball but when he does he always seems to do something with it – including a great goal. Tristen’s doing a good job at filling some pretty big shoes on the backline. He can lose his opponent on a lead at times but he can’t be faulted for his effort. I’m not sure why Dids spends so much time on the bench. I think some four quarter footy might see him really hit his straps which is exactly what we need him to do leading up to the finals. Betheras is a tough one – he doesn’t really get the opportunities or ground time he probably needs to shows his worth to the team – having said that I think he can fire-up and do some great stuff and would love to see him stay in the side and possibly play some finals footy.

This match wont go down as a highlight of the year but we showed a lot of mental toughness in this one which was great to see. And what I wouldn’t give for a win this coming weekend! Our boys are strong, determined and classy enough to do it - bring it on!

Votes:
3 – Burns
2 - Rocca
1 – Woewodin
1 – Fraser
1 – Tarrant
1 - McGough

Progressive:
40 – Buckley
37 – Burns
37 – Tarrant
28 – Rocca
27 – Molloy
26 – Licuria
26 – Woewodin
22 – O’Bree

GO PIES!
Marg
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:47 am

Good hard fought win. I want to watch the replay before I go into detail. Well done to the Pies in getting up and winning. And well done to McG for his effort in the second half. Also, Rocca deserves a mention for his 5 goals and Burnsy for his game. Well done Pebbles and Burnsy, keep up the great form.
Buckley_King Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:32 pm

Solid win. Burns is a star, enough said.

Votes:

3- Burns
2- Rocca
1- McGough

Taz and the King stiff to miss.

How anyone can give a Woey a vote is beyond me. He has been in good touch, but Saturday was a night he would rather forget.
Joe 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:46 pm

Next four weeks will tell us alot.
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:39 am

we can afford to lose 2/4 and make the top 4 i rekon
swooper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:43 am

Great win Pies. I must admit at half time I was pretty worried, wondering what was going to turn the game around. That ridiculous free kick paid against Tazza - I mean what could the ump have been thinking? It was rare sight seeing Tazza get upset, he's normally pretty calm and laid back - he had every right.

LOVED seeing McGough at work - geez he was good. Someone obviously wants to play finals footy. Rocca - great, Tazza's mark - OMG! Josh's tap outs were fab too. Bucks second half was pretty good, and Woey had a pretty good last quarter from memory too.
Good win overall boys, with an undermanned defence. I dont think we would have won this game same time last year, showed good spirit and determination to come back and give it a good crack - great tackling too (read Richie Cole).

Next 4 weeks are finals for us - go the mightly PIES - the time has arrived.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:50 pm

Cool
I don't know if Joffa has seen port play lately Maggies2003 but I have, and what I saw on sunday was a very depleted hawthorn come from 3 goals down with a few mins to play, hit the front ,miss a sitta to seal the game and then hand ball staight to the opposition who fluked a lucky win.
I don't rate port and they will CHOKE long b4 the big one.Collingwood V crows in the granny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: