Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match v Brissy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RayByrneForPOPE Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Our disposal is what is our problem is. Cant afford to have Cloke, Shaw and Johnson all playing together in our backline, they can all kick the ball ok long but if they need to hit (when under pressure by a GOOD side) a target they dont more often than they do.

Why was Molloy taken off (EVEN more than usual today) so often, I reckon Molloy Rocca and Tarrant work well together but to put Fraser down there as our 3rd tall didnt work and i dont reckon ever will. Molloy can mark but if he doesnt he does the hard work at ground level as well.

As for Fraser he has improved this year but to what level? He isnt a class ruckman YET (I'd rather Mckee), never will be until he puts on atleast 20kg. He upsets the balance of the forward line when he is down there as well, Molloy is a better option, but Fraser will be a player in a few more years and a few more Pizzas and VB slabs and a few more kilos.

I cannot work out why Scotland is not in that side, I'd have him in any day before Didak (Maggies2003 I Agree with your first post). Maybe harsh but he is overated, and the person who overates him is himself, (just by his demeanour etc) he doesnt do enough, he needs to do more and show that he wants to its ok coming off the bench against CarlFILTH and kicking a goal (when we are 10 goals up) and giving the crowd his infamous finger) i know he is benched alot but come on, lets get Scotland back into that side!

I dont no if i should have typed this half liquored but hey this is my opinion and thats it! I am not criticsising any player I LUV the PIES

Just giving my opinion!

Ray Byrne for POPE Collingwood cheer squad 1979-1985
chalky 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:08 pm

Well, back from the G, a few beers with some mates (post mortems). Can't watch the replay yet! We got smashed by a side that came to play. They were clean, precise and smart with the footy
That first quarter effort by them was as good as a side gets, 8 straight!! We couldn't touch the ball let alone kick goals. Rather than bag/negativity/destructive criticism, blasting our players, give the bears credit. They showed us the way. Pressure. Mentally and physically hard at it. Have we learnt the lesson?
We were definitely spooked (poor kicking when no pressure), rattled (tripping over each other) and at times undisciplined (50m penalties), but to our credit, still broke even for the rest of the game, missing some "gimmes" - but never threatened. This was the proverbial flat spot that MM feared. The boys will work hard to fight through this I'm sure.
What was more hurtful was watching the legions depart less than halfway through the last!! with bear supporters waving them goodbye. Geez that shits me!! Agree with others, this is the kick up the clacker, the reality jolt, to get the boys focussed for the next battle
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:27 am

my opinion only
From the toss of the coin with the wind blowing to the punt road end we needed to break even with them or be in touch but..
We learn from them they beat us on the day again the positive thing for us we kept at it all day and if kicked straight in the third could have been in a position to win the match.

One thing i have been saying in recent weeks has been our disposal while we have been winning it has'nt been good and if our disposal did not improve quality opposition will make us pay.If it does'nt improve this week the crows will do the same.Brisbane also looked stronger physically than us and there second and third tier players seem more effective than ours, is this because some our players played poorly or are brisbane's second and third tier players are better than ours or do our players need more time to get expierience eg. mcgough,cole,didak ,cloke,lonie,shaw,fraser.
But how good is j. brown he is 20 years of age so does the expierience theory go out the window.

Maybe it might be time for leon to come in for didak and give lokan a spell for betheras(mind you lokan has done well)With 3 games to go all is not loss i have just spoken to the missus and with swans and eagles losing ladder positioning did'nt effect us.
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:16 am

Lack of intensity around the ground especially the stoppage scrimmages.
Asleep in the first quarter where we were thrashed show's a distinc lack of proffesionalism and alot of immaturity.
Cloke is now officially Brown's bitch.
Buckley was terrific , probrably miss out on votes.
I'm sure Voss will get max. votes in the Hun tomorrow though Rolling Eyes
Major improvements needed for the Crows next week.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:22 am

In a sense it was a bit like the west coast game earlier this year at telstra dome..we blew it in the first quarter, i was indeed happy with our effort after quarter time and if you all look at the scoreline they didnt thrash us after the 1st quarter i think you will find we outscored them for the remaining quarters...the umpiring was dissapointing and im not going to single out any player but again i think its fair to say we had many down on the day which even gives us more credibility..if some of our shots at goal had of gone through this game would of been a ripper.

Yesterdays effort gives myself extreme confidence in beating the crows next weekend and as a matter of fact if the brisbane bears were any good considering our misfortunes on the day why in the hell couldnt they have won by 90 points

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Joe 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:01 am

We are all hurting.
As I said last week,this was just one game,it does not end our season that we lost.
Brisbane have never beat us for four quarters and as Joffa said we had alot of misfortune.
Nothing went our way.
Now is the time for the boys to stand up and be counted,we need the double chance.
All we can do is keep on supporting.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:52 pm

Very very hurt Crying or Very sad

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Im a hot pie chic 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:25 pm

Hi all. I have just finished watching the Black and White give it to our old enemy. I couldn't help but wonder at the class of such players as Tredrea, Dew, Wanganeen, Burgoyne and in particular Byron Pickett. Our small forwards could all take a real look at how Pickett plays half forward.Both Didak and Cole could gain much from watching Byron going about his buisness.
The PA bunch all seem to have the ability to be a metre clear where as on Saturday we really struggled to get clear all over the ground.

Let's hope it's the loss we needed and Carey's knee gives him hell this week.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:32 pm

I never thought I was see Collingwood get pumped in the first quarter of a game. Very poor game by many players, I am not going to mention names because I think we all know who played bad and who played well. And I thought things couldn't get any worse then the game against Essendon earlier in the season. We will have to play better against Adelaide, because they are going to be a tough task for the Pies after this game. But, I guess we can bounce back.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:37 pm

Only my humble opinion. After attending the game yesterday, I honestly think we are still one or two seasons away from another premiership. Our "good" is good enough to beat middle & bottom of the ladder sides but not the very top teams. I said our "good" on purpose as I don't think we have seen our "best" consistently for four quarters all season.
Other than asking for the nigh impossible and expecting a fair & reasonably good standard of umpiring, (DO the umpires EVER watch the unbelievable scragging on Taz??) the ONLY hope I have is if we can suddenly find our very best form FOR FOUR CONSISTENT QUARTERS. Everyone running in packs, having many leading options, tackling & putting incredible body pressure on the opposition fiercely but fairly, manning up in a very tight defensive effort and just marking everything in sight. These type of teams that display these attributes consistently win premeirships in the AFL. There's your answer Collingwood. JUST DO IT!

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:45 am

Watched the replay and all I can say is we lack intensity for four solid quarters. Everyone wrote off Brisbane and to my mind, look out they are back and have quality players to come back in.

We are lacking a true strong CHB, Presti is a quality full back but when you can run past our CHB line with ease the best fullback is not going to stop goals going over their head.

We have some good run out of defence but under pressure the chance of turnover are to high with Brisbane they are low. Failure kicking goals outside 50 put us under pressure and when we don't do this we normally lose.

Tarrant's day was screwed getting whacked in the face by an accident and was never the same after that.

Forget umpiring decisions that was not the issue the team has to adjust to the pressure of a big game. We have had it easy against crap opposition for the past few weeks and coming up against a pumped Brisbane team we were in danger and we got flogged in one quarter after that we held our own.

Next three games are a must win and this maybe the wake up call.

1990 we lost to the bummers in both home and away games so I take some comfort in that.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:27 am

Here are my thoughts after watching the game on replay with a clear head.

The game was killed off by Brisbane in 10 minutes in that first quarter.

1. That was a shocking kick by McGough to injure Tarrant and was one of the big factors in the game. With Taz off the ground we have no one to kick to up forward. Molloy looks lost at sea. Those who wanted Taz traded need to have their heads read.

2. Pike thrashed Woewoful when it mattered and that was the first quarter.

3. Too much room given to Hart and Caracella. Only thing Lonie did all day was to be a lift for White...lol

4. Cloke was given a spanking. Cannot be left alone on players such as Brown. It took until the 2nd quarter to drop a man back.

Rohan Connoly mentioned on 3aw that apparently there is a perception from within that Scotland is a bit soft ad thats why he is not getting a game.

If i was a selector i would say

OUT: Didak (does nothing), Williams (Ditto), Cloke

In: Davis, Betheras, Scotland

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:51 am

jlc to be fair i think cloke will be better for the run
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:15 am

Well he couldnt be any worse. That was the key match up and imo that had a lot to do with the outcome of the game.

jlc

pepstar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:31 am

Can you believe that two CARLTON supporters had the audacity to call me after the game, after I haven't heard from them all year, to hang shit on me. They got me so angry...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: