Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies thump Crows by 37 !! .. comments here thanx

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year's GF appearance was a bonus. This year, we can hope for more of the same, but it will still be a bonus. This team has huge potential, but with such a young list and so many skill errors, this team will be primed to be a dominant force in the next few years. We aren't there yet, make no quetion about that, but on our day we have the potential. I want a flag, don't get me wrong, but last night proved that our list is not always switched on (will come with maturity) and inconsistency is a problem.

Remember, those who wanted Didak and co. as trade bait, etc - they are barely 20 years old. Rocca is about to turn 26. He has only in the past couple of seasons started to become the matchwinner he is. Please be patient you fickle f**cks. Most of these guys have come straight from U/18 into top class senior footy - it is a massive transition, make no bones about it.

About the game - if we can kick straight, we could be a force, but as we saw last week, the Brisbane's and Port's won't let us get away with that. With those yellow balls inside a stadium (full of hot air, etc) they just seemed to waft off the boot.

Patience, people (but a flag would be nice along the way).
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:54 pm

The looming prospect of having to play Brisbane at the Gabba or Port at AAMI isn't at all attractive. Considering three of the top 4 are going to be interstate teams, if we lose in the first week we then have one home final before going interstate again, the team just doesn't seem to have matured to the point where the could pull that off. Having said all that one wonders what Scotland the brave has done to Mick to leave him out of the team for so long. Same thing happened last year. He got a shot right near the end of the season and played fantastic finals footy making Pies wonder why he wasn't a regular team member.

Please Explain! Mad
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:02 pm

Great win last night. The tackling and pressure on Adelaide players was tremendous. It's amazing when Malthouse plays Didak for a full game that he can have an influence. Well done Dids. Scotland played well with 19 touches, Fraser continues to impress and Scott Burns played a ripper. Remember a few years ago when Burns was always injured and how much we missed him? It is so good to have this guy fit he tries his guts out every week and is getting rewarded now.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:36 pm

I disagree with you as i backed Burns for the Brownlow last year as a roughie and also backed him to be the leading Collingwood vote getter. However Buckley got more votes in the Brownlow despite a poor result in the Copeland.

I think Burns may be one of those players that the umpires dont appreciate or don't notice, similar to Brett Ratten from Carlton.

However i think those from within who matter more than umpires will recognise the efforts of Burns and he will give a much better showing in the Copeland.

jlc

HotPies90 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:43 pm

A really bewdiful win last night. One thing in particular I'd like to highlight is how good our defence was. In the first quarter and fair parts of the second quarter, our defence was continually under siege and just stood up time and time again.

This could well have been Clokey's best game for us. In the first half Carey was continually the go-to man for the Crows at centre half-forward, and time and time again, Cloke beat him in the one-on-one contests - an area which is usually his weakest. As far as the other players go, little more needs to said about Rhyce Shaw, Wakelin did a serviceable job on Perrie, Johnson provided good run and Clement did a great defensive job on Johncock while reminding us of the beauty of his 70-metre punts.

And for anyone who reads the age, stick that magpie win up yer clacker Robert Walls!!!

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:06 pm

Burns is 100 per cent MAN of course the umpires wouldnt appreciate him.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Magpie-Pep 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:50 pm

Were the pride of shitful toilet paper,
we're the mighty crappy crows.

When we play the mighty magpies,
we lose and prefer to die.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:28 am

With all due respect Newelly, I'm a Scotland fan but at times this season, he has been disappointing, especially early to mid seasion. But he is not the first & last player to be inconsistent. I think MM picks players on form, DEPENDING on the opposition we play, the horses for courses method. Can't blame him really as we have won more this way than we have lost this season. We have the right to comment ofcourse but in the end, I reckon MM knows best and I for one am happy for him to pick the players HE thinks will do the job for us on any given day. The team needs have to come first, ahead of individuals.

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Lazza
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:19 pm

Hope he back up again this week against Sydney then.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:57 am

I don't wish to rain on everyones parade, but we beat Adelaide with a few players not fully fit. At least three quality players short of their best 22 and here in Melbourne.

We now travel to Sydney this week, they just beat Brisbane up there and we have a fight on our hands. I am no rapt for Sydney, but it will be a tough match up there. The good thing it's not at the SCG.

We kicked 18 points and should have thumped them. Good signs are there but if we kick like that every week we will get punished.

A solid 3rd quarter was the highlight and a young Cloke showing Carey he is past it.

" A week at a Time"
Natalie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:01 am

Good win by the boys. Should of smashed 'em, we dominated every quarter despite some poor disposals and inaccurate goal kicking. And pls don't give me an excuse of adelaide having the flu. They had their best 22 on the ground on the night and we were just better than them. Remember, we've played them twice this year and beaten them twice and once was over there.
Clokey was just great on Waynker, he is now officially Cloke's bitch.
Dids had a great game, 15 poss 3 goals. As for some saying he's been "out of form", um it helps when MM puts him on the ground for 3 whole quarters and not 10 mins each quarter, it makes a huge difference. Personally I think he should be starting on the ground, not the bench for 4 full quarters, but i know there's a rotation policy in place.
Shawry was great, Bux was so dominant in the 3rd with centre clearances.
Good to see Scoots back in. Agree that Burns would have to be fave for Copeland.
chalky 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:33 pm

Culprit, I realise what your trying to say - keep the lid on etc
But the win was a good one. It was as good as Brisbanes' win against us last week. The boys arm wrestled at first - no blow aways this time! put the hammer down in the third and held them comfortably in the last. The final scoreline obviously should have been off the scale but the difference in the shots at goal and inside 50 also demonstrated that we were clearly the dominant team and beat them on their merits. What I'm trying to respond to here is that, they were at a disadvantage (you're right) and like a good side, we thrashed them. Augur well for next week
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:18 pm

West Coast earlier in the year may come back to haunt us, as could our inaccurate kicking on Friday - percentage now will play a huge part if we don't win our last 2. If we could kick straight we would be 2nd on the ladder right now!
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:23 pm

I also think te Hawthorn game could come back to haunt us aswell. One we were expected to win
Daks Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:09 pm

well we couldnt have done it without daks, his goal b4 half time was what we needed, he;s the best outta our kids by a mile!!

© Daks 2006
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: