Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do you want the channel 9 to broadcast the game live?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want the match shown live on Channel 9?
Yes
38%
 38%  [ 45 ]
Yes
38%
 38%  [ 45 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
No
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
I am an interstater, so I get rolled either way
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
I am an interstater, so I get rolled either way
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 116

serendipity 

The Road to Glory.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well even if you get a replay 1 hour later, consider yourself lucky...I know living in "Gods own" ( Far north Queensland) does have some advantages....but this one-eyed supporter longs for the day he can afford to be at a live match. We`ve had only one (to my memory) match up here, earlier this year, (the saints and brissy i think....but dont quote me..i wasnt interested as it wasnt the pies!!)..We might see a live match occasionally on telly, if it falls on " a suitable timeslot" or if were playing brissy. I know I`m in a rugby state...but if the contabulary are serious about trying to promote AFL in ALL states, consideration SHOULD be given somewhere...The Footy Show (the real one..not rugby) is replayed here anywhere between 1 am to 2.30 am friday mornings!!!!Our Friday night games are now replayed at 11.15..but usually are on at about 1.30 am..Some Saturday/Sunday games are live, but we get nowhere near the coverage other states get. ( we dont even get fox up here, but austar may be an alternative next year ...me thinks..)Anyway...enough bitching!!!( no-one listens anyway..lol) Thank God for Nicks Live Scoreboard and chat......
Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:25 pm

Thank you, Serendipity. My point exactly. We Victorians should be thankful that we're getting the game at all.
rosspies 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:30 pm

Sorry but I dont think we should be thanking nine for putting a show on Television that nine make lots of $ showing through advertising.

For those who listen to it on the radio good on you. And serendepity if you dont mind listening to it on the radio join afl.com.au and you can listen to it live

I lived in Brisbane for a number of Years and know how frustrating getting afl is up there. I was there before the bears arrived on the scene so afl was not shown much at all.

I had to move back to Melbourne to get the proper fix of AFL and i can not see it changing especially in Nth Qld for a long time.

All I am saying is what next. We fill the MCG for the cricket and dont get live coverage where does it end.

To support nine on this is just bashing yourself on the head for further pain in the future
rosspies 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:35 pm

By the way serendepity I lived in Cairns for a while back in 1993 or 1994 I not remember the year exactly bit it was on the famous anzac day game that was a draw and that was live.

I watched it at the Saloon bar that was then owned by Jeff Fenech dont know if its still there anymore. It was a great avo and the bar had plenty of atmosphere for Nth Qld (League mad country)

Dont you even get anzac day live anymore?
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:38 pm

The fact is, Ch 9 know that Collingwood V Essendon will rate at ANY time they decide to show it. It could be shown at 11 pm and it would still rate.
serendipity 

The Road to Glory.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:29 pm

Thanx for your response, rosspies....
Yes..we do get the Anzac day game live...thank god!!! ( my wife..bless her cotton socks.. is a bomber supporter), so it is always a big day for us..Dont get me wrong..we do get our live games on the weekend...but I feel us interstaters miss out on a lot of coverage of games, that we should be seeing, if the AFL are sincere about promoting the game Australia wide. I am originally from Melbourne, born and bred there, from a one eyed collingwood family, and remember going to see the maggies with dad every saturday...I would love to be back in Vic for the hype that surrounds collingwood, but unfortunately, due to circumstances i cannot be, so I have to rely on TV and internet to get my fix....lol. If I werent aware of the avenues to explore to find the information I want to hear about AFL, I would not be so involved...so I feel, the average "joe Bloggs" up here is not getting the exposure needed to promote AFL properly, therefore, keeping qld as a rugby state. Yes, Auskick is promoted, and the local high schools are promoting Aussie rules games for kids, but there is not a big response, (My daughter works at a high scool up here)
As for radio, this is a limited source up here for aussie rules. I live in the highlands above Cairns , so am limited to local stations or the ABC. Going back two years ago, you used to be able to log onto the stations on the web, and listen to the games live, but now AFL has that sewn up so you must pay your dues to listen to these.( being on a pension does have limitations) I am just saying that the AFL need to promote aussie rules more than their attempt at the moment, and TV is a good medium.
rosspies 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:25 pm

You are spot on there Serendipity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: