Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

No booing our Sav

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the president Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 1:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying go out and boo Sav and forget everything the big man did for the club as a player and clubman, just remember he's now the opposition playing on one of ours.
I hope Sav gets a round of applause when he walks to his position as a mark of respect just as I hoped would occur for Mick Malthouse last week in Perth. Once the ball is bounced it's Sav who? Go Presti.

Fletch 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 1:28 pm

Bravo Saint Ed, you're just preaching to the converted here.

Let's not forget Sav was one of the main reasons why we didn't get Tony Lockett as well.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

magpie24 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 1:29 pm

Ok Eddie I got the point,but three times WOW
If he is lining up for goal you will hear me bagging and if Sav kicks one inside 30 well I will be in SHOCK.
GO PIES

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 1:36 pm

Do any other teams treat their former players with repect? NO!! They boo them more than any other player on the opposition side. Sav should be treated like an opposition player, nothing else. What has made Sav so special? I fail to understand...sorry.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 1:51 pm

I am with ya Joel.
One thing for sure I wont be giving him a round of applause when he walks to his position.

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 1:55 pm

O.K.. well I guess coming up against his old team (and brother) isn't gonna be too easy on old Sav, I'm guessing he will get the odd 'boo' and bagging, but I wish him well.. not well enough to win the match, but I just hope he plays well and takes some of the attention off of king fairy. ( is he playing?? )

If I hear any sav bagging coming from anywhere near Emma within a 100 metre radius, I will be ducking for cover, cuz we all know what happens when Emma hears her sav being bagged.. lol

I wish Sav well, but I wouldn't go cheering him on, after all he is trying to get in our way of victory, and I wouldn't be a true pie to cheer on someone that is doing that.. but I will never boo him, i wish him all the best. (against any team but us)

GO PIES
tarkyn rocks

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 5:11 pm

hmmmm think that is a bit of a load of bull Eddie. Lethal will get his membership when he leaves Brissy ay well wot about Monkey hes still working for Saints and he still got his??? Not that i disagree with him getting it at all, ah well I will love all my favorite footy ppl regardless of which clubs they are associated with but i guess on the night it is appropriate just to clap them as they run out and after their game just not during. Who knows all i know is if Rickys lining up for the Roos i will be with them for the night then back to Pies the next week...crazy but just the way i am!

#11~GO OBIE~#11

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2001 6:10 pm

I s'pose one can only hope that we have no reason to cheer or boo Sav, and he'll end up being as much a spectator as we are (albeit from inside the fence!)

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2001 4:17 am

Glad you posted that clarification, Eddie.

I was never going to cheer Sav, but objected to those who would boo a former champion (1995 Copeland winner; over 500 goals), especially one who would have preferred NOT to leave the club. If Olarenshaw plays, he will get no such respect from me as he is FAR from being a contributor to the Collingwood Football Club.

I hope Presti thrashes him, but I won't be booing Sav if he kicks a few. Polite applause while he takes up his position at the start of the game is deserved.

Broadie
eMmA 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2001 10:36 am

well regardless i still luv the big Sav but come saturday collingwood are out there to win and north including Sav are out there to stop us from doing that and for me its collingwood through and through so i wont cheer for sav and i definatly will not boo him but i will clap him before the game.

well i hope Sav doesnt get in the way of Anthony and the ball or it sounds like by the way anthony said it that theres gonna be hell to pay if he does!!!

"GO ANTHONY"

SAV&ANTHONY R SEXY-->36/23 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BOYZ ROCK MY WORLD!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2001 10:30 am

There is an article regarding this on Buckley Surfers, check it out:
http://www.geocities.com/buckleysurfers/savnorth.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: