Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

DEPARTURES PLEASE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

the way so many people rave about cole is unbelievable. he makes that many clangers its not funny.

anyway JOEL who do you think we should get rid of?
we cant have the same players all the time and cole is one of them! i reckon he will be on the cards to be traded, along with lokan, swan, mckee, mcgough, and davis. oh, and not to mention williams! more like the delisting card!
i also reckon shackelton is overrated and overweight!

kinnear still has a yaer of contract to go eh? damn, im tipping he will be delisted next year at the latest.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:34 pm

He won't be delisted, because he retired, so it was earlier then you thought.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:53 pm

BHPIE wrote:
After seeing some of the responses to garkills post in the forum I just had to register. Yobbo^Luka, if you think O'Bree is as good as Buckley, well whatever your on get off it.

Leon Davis should have gone last year, and Cole given benefit of doubt. Chris Tarrant should be used as trade bait, as his dedication to Collingwood is questionable, and has yet to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. His kicking is not the best. Stars do not regularly miss from 20 metres out as often as he does. Lokan's career is elsewhere. It's time to recruit players who go and get the football. Bring on 05.

You are a moron I was being sarcastic!

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:46 am

Pros: Cole, can break the lines, tackle hard and has pretty good kicking skills and his work rate is high. A bit of a Gavin Brown when it mcomes to leadership.

Cons: Sometimes his composure can slip and he messes up, or he is overconfident or eager and takes his eye off the ball.

That adds up to a pretty good player, one who needs a little more time to iron out his problems - and I'm sure thats what MM will be doing over summer.

On the subject of delisting, Lokan should be looked at with trading and delisting. Face it - he only wins 4-6 touches a game and sometimes tries too hard! I really like him as a person and a guy who is despirite to put his body on the line but if we want premierships, if we can trade him - we should.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:25 am

CQ wrote:
the way so many people rave about cole is unbelievable. he makes that many clangers its not funny.

Correct, he does make some stupid clangers. But, he has ability, and those clangers don't occur because of insufficient skill. Don't forget that BJ was the clanger king until 2 yrs ago.

Quote:
anyway JOEL who do you think we should get rid of?]

Apparently that's what we use the Trade and Draft Forum for, and that is something I did a long while ago. I will not be doing it AGAIN, in here.

Quote:
we cant have the same players all the time and cole is one of them! i reckon he will be on the cards to be traded, along with lokan, swan, mckee, mcgough, and davis. oh, and not to mention williams! more like the delisting card!

I never said we need to have the same players, I would just like to keep Cole at this stage. I asked who you though could be traded for him, but you have evaded the question. I agree most of those won't be kept, but so does 97% of other Collingwood supporters. You aren't saying anything new.

Quote:
kinnear still has a yaer of contract to go eh? damn, im tipping he will be delisted next year at the latest.

Get with the program, he has already retired.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:14 pm

what 'program' would that be? reading every little detail about footy? sorry i have other interests in life other than footy, unlike some of the desperados in here, which includes you.

btw good kinnear retired, now they dont have to pay him out. I'd like to know whos brainwave it was to resign him for 2 years in the first place.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:48 am

CQ, there have been several topics on here recently.

The only reason I'm on the bloody computer, is because I've got shitloads of uni assignments - and I leave Nick's open in the background while I'm doing them (I tell you what, I'm sick of the sight of the computer). If you don't believe me, I'll send you the assignment I'm doing right now. Having said that, I shouldn't have to justify myself to you.

Why do you feel it necessary to resort to personal attacks on people? It's a weakness in argument more than anything. Do you feel tough?

Bitter, bitter, bitter.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:08 pm

CQ wrote:
what 'program' would that be? reading every little detail about footy? sorry i have other interests in life other than footy, unlike some of the desperados in here, which includes you.

btw good kinnear retired, now they dont have to pay him out. I'd like to know whos brainwave it was to resign him for 2 years in the first place.

There might be a few of those on the baord, but atleast they don't bitch, moan, complain, and abuse others..

dangerousdyl 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:09 pm

obree- gets a lot of the ball but his possessions don't hurt opposition, is pretty one dimensional, does get to the contest though and has pretty good hands and a good head for the game
verdict- keep him

davis- is inconsistent, soft, shits himself in big games,
verdict-i would get rid of him

lokan- don't need to say much after those shampoo ads, pretty streaky, can be valuable but can also be terrible and lose his head
verdict- get rid of him

cole- the only aboriginal in the afl who can't play footy, a tribute to our recruiters who provided us with duds throughout the 90's
verdict-must go

tarrant- what a talent, can play, can play, sometimes looks disinterested, is he commited?, huge arms, win's games and set's up goals, takes a grab, what more do u want from the bloke? garkill are u mentally sane?
verdict-don't you dare think of it
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:42 pm

Cole could become a decent player, I would give him another go.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:45 pm

Try saying that with less context.
^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:58 am

O'Bree Gets a lot of the ball. Has the ability with his disposal to really hurt .... Hurt his own team that is!
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:36 am

O'Bree must go. Why keep him after three below par years? He was good in 2000 and very good in 2001 then tailled off. There is no need for passengers on this list.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:37 am

When was he? There never is.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:43 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
O'Bree must go. Why keep him after three below par years? He was good in 2000 and very good in 2001 then tailled off. There is no need for passengers on this list.

If we only knew how he gets to be still on the list, maybe it's the same reason we still have Andrew Williams?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: