Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rocca's six fires Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFL_Record Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Big T"]To me the best news is Ben Johnson - he is a barometer for us.[/quote]

Ben is an interesting footballer.
Is it me, Or does Johnson look to give off a handball once he has the football in his hands. I think this is a part of his game where he can improve.
He is a very good footballer nonetheless...

Last edited by AFL_Record on Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:45 pm

Maybe you should tell him how you feel about him.
AFL_Record Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:58 pm

[quote="HAL"]Maybe you should tell him how you feel about him.[/quote]

What... Me? Confused

Should I tell him he is a quality footballer... Because that's what I think of him.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:01 pm

I saw the whole match today and offer the following:

The first thing I did when I walked in the gate was to spit on the ground at the Robert heatley stand end, immature I know, but a small tradition my father employed every time we went there since the 1960's.

Our ball movement in the first quarter was impressive. The team played direct and looked to move it into Rocca quick. The rresults speak 4 themselves!

I never doubted that North would fight back, but was pleased with the way we ran out the last quarter- no doubt with Adam Simpson off, they lost drive from the bounces but we still had to win the game.

If we have a stella r year, expect Caracella to kick about 40 goals- he bobs up exactly where you need to to kick a goal.

I will not rate every player however would like to make comment on the following:

Rocca- was very good, but his kicking seemed to lack penetration from 50 when tested. He may kick 80 goals if left in the square- he is a very clever player.
Buckley looked awesome- I don't bet, but smart punters would be wise to have a small punt on him for the Copeland- he looks in tip-top shape to me and appears hungry for finals action again!
Jason Cloke- seems to be displaying his vaunted intensity, a couple of impressive efforts.
Cook- looked sharp on the wing and has a bit of poise, has good disposal.
Stanley- has a mature body and did a few good things in the guts.
O'Brien - looked the goods, not afraid to run with it and should be encouraged to play that dashing style!
Iles- looked ok what he did.
Davies- showed great courage when running back with the flight in first quarter (with Saveloy) coming the other way! He should play EVERY game this year.
Morrison- if he is a regular this year, we will not finish top 10, let alone the 8!! Too slow and does not appear to have a top gear.
Lonie- made some good moves today.
Didak, impressed with his endeavour and tackling, this is a step forward for him.
Richards and Fanning both did some good tapwork in the clearances today.
Egan missed a sitter on the run in 3rd, then slotted one from the boundary 5 minutes later- that kid could be anything- at least he chased a few guys down today.

Neon Leon was exciting today- goals when the chips were down in the last.
I will reserve judgement on Hall- he has the build, but needs to work on the footy smarts.

Cameron Cloke only seems intent on kicking the ball 80 metres every time he gets it- must concentrate on crashing a few packs with that big body, like his father used to.

By the way, Malthouse was right about rules interpretations- its bloody soft now, virtually no contact allowed in marking duels in the forward 50.

Considering we were missing (Licuria, Burns, Holland, Tarrant, Fraser, Lockyer, Presti, Rhys Shaw, Rusling, O'Bree, Travis Cloke etc) today it was a fine effort.

I am impressed as the team appears quicker and fiercer at the man, although this will need to carry over to the 'real' stuff...

My father reminds me, any win is a good win, bring on the Crows- the more tough games the better for us in 2006- we need to regain some respect boys.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:39 pm

PieGal4eva wrote:
skaman wrote:
EEEEk i feel dirty, sorry PG4E. Just dont like reading reports from an opposition perspective. Re submit, 2 out of 10.

I thought it would be good indication of how well didak and Rocca were going if an opposition supporter admitted to it Wink

i thought it was interesting a get a balanced recount by someone not biased like most on here.

Good work on getting it.

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:59 pm

Rooooccccaaaaaaaa!!!!!

roccamark.jpg

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:01 pm

PieGal4eva wrote:
skaman wrote:
EEEEk i feel dirty, sorry PG4E. Just dont like reading reports from an opposition perspective. Re submit, 2 out of 10.

I thought it would be good indication of how well didak and Rocca were going if an opposition supporter admitted to it Wink

sorry piegal4eva, should've added a wink.....no harm Wink

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:17 pm

Johnson26, thanks mate for posting the score on Big Footy in the 3rd quarter, couldn't get onto Nicks, maybe there were too many on or something, but thanks to Luke, I heard how we were going, and texted (is that a word?) Tess to find out the final score.

Really nice to have a win and for Ant to be in form, man am I getting excited for the Season to start!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:29 pm

ok on the match.

before the 1st bounce rocca had 3 shots at goal and MISSED all 3 by a huge margin!

rocca played good in the match spent most of the time as ff which was good to see and a few other good things. also a awsum mark over shannon watt.

leon davis- played awsum as well today also took a great mark in the goals quare. leon played fantastic as well.

bucks was just bucks

as for tazza saw him in the robert heatley stand in a suit with eddie. eddie was wearing a t-shirt and jeans
rosspies 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:34 pm

Great to have a win. We show team spirit in all 3 pre-season games to regroup when we fall behind late in the game. Wish we could just finish of teams but hopefully in time.

Personal highlights.....
Leon was brilliant
Egan kicking much improved
Rocca outstanding in the air and on the ground
Davies much on the improve
O'brien belongs in the seniors
Richards some great tap outs and some positives around ground

Personal negatives
Ben Johnson worries me. Expected more improment then he showed.
Morrison dissapointing. more negative things to say then positive
Nicholls will hopefully learn from the experience

I know we did make some midfield changes in the third qtr. but very few stood up. Just shows if midfield let you down. Puts immense pressure on backline.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:04 pm

I see Dids seems to have played reasonably well today. I'm just watching the game against Freo and he had a shocker - brushed off the ball, run into the ground and basically pushed about too easily. Of course the conditions were shocking and he may not have come to play, so I'm happy to overlook the Freo game assuming he looked better today.

The reason I mention this is that my only concern with Dids is that he needs more muscle to play a central midfield role. Other teams know this and go after him, which is to their detriment when he is in the forward line, but possibly to their advantage when he is in the middle.

As has been pointed out, his body is a bit like the Macedonian Marvels, who eventually bulked up enough to play full forward and used his body brilliantly. Dids also uses his body brilliantly, but I'd like him to add some muscle to play in the middle.

Any word on this aspect of his game today?
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:05 pm

rosspies wrote:
Nicholls will hopefully learn from the experience

He didn't play. Confused

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:25 pm

One thing I also liked about today was this:

Encouraging signs.

rocca1.jpg

Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:28 pm

rosspies wrote:
Personal negatives
Ben Johnson worries me. Expected more improment then he showed.

You should have gone to the game I went to today at Princes Park. In that game, Ben was clearly one of the best. His disposal was good, he got a lot of the ball, and provided a lot of run out of the backline.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:30 pm

Exciting graphic punkologist!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: