Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cheersquad = Enough is enough???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are the 'cheersquad' becoming a smear on the Collingwood Football Club
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 87 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 130

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

eddiesmith wrote:
The people involved in the brawl are the typical...

And how absolutely typical of you to exagerate the incident. What "brawl"? Where was that reported?

People with loose lips who make unfounded accusations are just as likely to bring the club into disrepute as some (underline the "some") members of the cheersquad.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:15 pm

Damien wrote:
would the Bulldogs be interested in trading that big guy in their cheersquad for a couple of our smalls? Laughing

Laughing Apparently uses his flogger well up the corridor. Magpie Dan has been opposed to him often.

www.facebook/the hybernators
PraiseMillane Aries

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:21 pm

23-4, what an overwhelming result. i had no idea people felt so strongly about the issue. i wonder what would be the quickest way to ousting this squad. i guess with the off season here, much things can happen
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:36 pm

I would not take any results seriously from a poll in which 300 people have voted, let alone 30.
I don't see how it could be better if we didn't have a cheersquad. Personally, I like seeing the massive reaction when we kick a goal.
Anyway PM, the cheersquads don't hurt people, people in cheersquads do Wink

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:41 pm

yeah well i voted 'no' because the couple of times I have sat in the cheersquad I found them nothing except good, passionate people.

Eddiesmith - Let me guess, you had ALL THREE Clokes in your Dream Team this year? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:41 pm

Joel wrote:
A tad concerning about what has occured. I guess people need to get a grip on reality. Ed should have probably thanked everyone in the squad instead of looking for one person though.
i dont see how Eddie has done anything wrong other than go looking for his friend to shake his hand and say see ya next year.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:42 pm

I haven't voted PraiseMillane, and i'm sure many others haven't either.
pace 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:46 pm

Yeh its time for a change.
We need cheer girls with pom poms and maybe Joffa could jump out of a big cake when we win.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:59 pm

Yeah I agree, its time to ban the Cheersquads! The Banners are a complete waste of time that lacks imagination and have become more of a billboard than anything else! They have become rather meaningless including the Crazy Johns, Hungry Jack etc etc flags that are waved by cheersquad members!
Far too much infighting and bitching from what I have heard. But believe me that this is not only exclusive to Collingwood. I have a mate who was the President of the Melbourne Cheersquad and said exactly the same thing happened there!

Ita amazing at the size of the cheersqaud when we were winning in 02-03 compared to the drop off (of which even Joffa admitted) when we started losing in 04-05. Seems to be a convenient way for some (not all) just to get cheap tickets!
JBJ 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:05 pm

Like I've said before, , been in the Cheersquad since 1987, and NEVER, NEVER, have I had any problem with anyone in the Squad. I sit in my seat, barrack and chant for my team and thoroughly enjoy the companionship of the other Cheersquad members. I've been on the Committee, out on the ground to hold up the banner, and absolutely had a ball. The young kids are well looked after and encouraged to join in. There are a few who are troublemakers and bullies as in any group of society and you insult us by insinuating that we all are alike. Just ignore the troublemakers, and by the way, anyone can say that they're in the Cheersquad when they're not really. Apart from last Sunday that was the only trouble I've ever encountered. There are more disturbances in the general public areas than in any Cheersquad area. There are also a few who are so jealous of Joffa's notoriety that they'll do anything to besmirch his and the Cheersquad's name. And, of course, there's quite a few here on Nick's (not naming anyone, we all know who) who'll jump up and down damning the Cheersquad and wanting it to disband.

Well, let me tell you this......if you're NOT in the Cheersquad, you DON'T know exactly what happens and therefore there is no validity in your rantings.

Yes, get rid of the Collingwood CheerSquad and you who are so quick to damn us can then turn your bile toward some other cause!

Had my say!
Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:11 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
I haven't voted PraiseMillane, and i'm sure many others haven't either.

Ditto. I'm quite divided on the issue.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:14 pm

A deeper algorithm is needed to respond to that correctly. Are you a man or a woman? How do you usually introduce yourself?
Syd_Magpies_Girl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:34 pm

HAL wrote:
A deeper algorithm is needed to respond to that correctly. Are you a man or a woman? How do you usually introduce yourself?

Hermafridite thanks.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:34 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
The people involved in the brawl are the typical...

And how absolutely typical of you to exagerate the incident. What "brawl"? Where was that reported?

People with loose lips who make unfounded accusations are just as likely to bring the club into disrepute as some (underline the "some") members of the cheersquad.

The brawl that saw hotdog vendors assaulted and their stuff smashed up thats what brawl not to mention the other fight inside the ground
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:46 pm

Again, there is no implication anywhere that anyone in the Cheersquad was involved in the assault on the food vendors.

But when you shoot your mouth off like you do, you lead people to think they might have been.

Are you willing to make an accusation that Cheersquad members were involved in that incident? Because if you are, I'll happily pass your details onto the Club who are looking into the incident.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18   

Jump to: