Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Saint Nick a Pie?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannin wrote:
The price for Pavlich would be sky-high. Either that or the Freo management are totally stupid, which they are not. Two first rounders plus a top-up would be about right. He will stay at Freo, because even a Carlton wouldn't pay that much, and Freo would be nuts to let him go for less.

Clement, Medhurst, Holland and Reid claim they arn't that smart.

So do Jeff White, Matty Lloyd, Peter Bell and co. hehe Wink
sq3 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:19 pm

The weird part about the whole Thomas thing Culprit is that GT was the man resposible for shafting Shimma and Stan.

I have worked with Butterss and he is a tosser and could not be trusted in anyw ay shape for form.

I think that GT will derail the Saints as the GTrain and Harves will retire at the end of the season as well.

If I was CFC I would be having a quiet word to Kosch about ditching the Red stripe in the jumper Wink
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:30 pm

The Saints have a history of imploading. They missed the boat as far as a flag goes. They should have embraced Southport and became the Southport Saints instead of worrying about Cranbourne (Casey). The mail is about that if Butthead is still at the helm there will be departures and Thomas will hold the aces in that deck of cards.

Appointing Ross Lyon is another example that they never learn from their mistakes.

The Trump card will be Lindsay Fox I feel. He will step in with a wad of cash and get someone else in there.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:46 pm

We could find some use for Nick, even if it's towel boy there is a role he can do at the Maggies next year.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
sq3 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:51 pm

I agree Southport was their best option but the Kanga's have trampled that idea.

No matter how much money Foxy puts in you still need good players.

They would have won a flag if GT had sided with Stan instead of knifing him in the back.

Their premiership clock is broken or a cuckoo.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:35 pm

Interesting article in the Australian today on how Thomas looks like being in a position to be elevated to CEO of the parent company of one of the Saints main sponsors - Bill Express. Apparently Lindsay Fox, who owns a large tranch of shares in the parent company On-Q is trying to install two new independent directors onto the company's board which will give him the numbers ot appoint Thomas. Would imagine the threat of losing a major sponsor would put Butteress in a difficult position. Oh, the games we play and how they come back to bite us on the bum.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21867116-5012432,00.html
rand corp 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:44 pm

Butters is G A W N!

Their premiership clock is at 10 past 12, expect at least 3 major retirements at year's end and then watch the defections start.

If Lindsey and Co. can get into the ears of a few top players, remove Butters and get Thomas re-invovled in some way, then they might just manage to hang on to the majority of their stars -if not I'd expect at least a mini exodus.

Hee hee, St Kilda are a rabble again, hee hee
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:06 pm

http://news.realfooty.com.au/riewoldts-contract-safe-saints-nixon/20071908-h9j.html

Another article.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:24 pm

[quote="spoljar"]
Cannibal wrote:
spoljar wrote:
ps what's with the exclamation mark at the end of each sentence in your posts? Pure curiosity.

No bloody idea mate, just a really bad habit of mine that I really need to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oops

I must confess Spoljar, I have been curious about that for a while myself!!!!!!!!!!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:12 pm

Dont need him

As for the Saints, shows what a joke those players are if they would follow a moron like Thomas, no loyalty so why get people with such poor character?
Zakal 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:41 pm

If this is true about what GT is doing, then he is a disgrace.

Isn't he supposed to be a Saints man?

I reckon what Tony Shaw does re derogatory comments is bad enough...but i dont believe he would EVER get into the ear of any of our boys and convince them to leave!

What the hell is Grant's problem? Whatever your beef with Butterss, are you really prepared to destroy your club to get even with him?

And lets face it...if it wasnt for Butterss being in love with GT, he never would have been the coach in the first place. He was the worst coach since Ken Judge, and don't talk to me about finals berths and making PF's and winning %s...that list should have won AT LEAST one flag. Hell, they were 10-0 one year.

Butterss made a massive mistake appointing GT as coach, and no matter what really went on in the interim re Butterss being a tool, the fact remains that GT would surely never have been the coach but for that. So for Grant Thomas to be carrying on the way he is alleged to be, its like he thinks Butterss robbed him of a position he fully deserved. Which he absolutely did and does not.

Re St Kilda:

- If they are finding GT's close relationship with the players and all that is coming back to bite them in the arse...its their own stupid fault.
Its called separation of powers....in a big supposedl professional organisation like a football club, you don't have one guy doing everything. GT was allowed to attach himself to too many areas of the club that had absolutely nothing to do with his role as coach.

They let him invest their organisation, then they pissed him off...now they are imploding....gee what a surprise.
Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:42 pm

I'd take Dal Santo - good skills and he seems like a reasonably bright bloke (saw him on Sunday FS the other week).
Riewoldt - why bother? He's either injured or scared.

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:45 pm

Who are we going to give up to get him??

You just can't "get" these players....

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:58 pm

~Madness~ wrote:

It'd be interesting to hear some of the names that would be put forward for this, 'trade' I am not sure we need him. But I'm sure that the club would have a small look at gaining him, I couldn't imagine what we would have that we would want to lose for him.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Zakal 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:30 pm

The Prototype wrote:
~Madness~ wrote:

It'd be interesting to hear some of the names that would be put forward for this, 'trade' I am not sure we need him. But I'm sure that the club would have a small look at gaining him, I couldn't imagine what we would have that we would want to lose for him.

Lonie and Richards. They can have both. But thats about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: