Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Lexu$ Centre, has it enriched the club?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say it wasn't.

Though, I'm sure there was a topic posted at that time.
Gazza05 Capricorn

BRING ON SEASON 2010

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:39 am

Thats right Joel I was about to say the same thing. I'm pretty sure it has been brought out before for the same discussion.
Yes Victoria Park is our spiritual home, but move on people.
I know I drive past Lexus and consider it our home now.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:45 am

Lexus is Okay but it will never beat Vic Park
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:31 pm

Brilliant decision by the Board to move to Lexus.
If we are able to expand the place (with a new level) it will just get better.
Vic Park (in terms of facilities) was crap

Slayer 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:50 pm

some reminders ........

Vic Park - you could dine at the social club, have a seated meal while actually watching the players train. The large glass panes made for an excellent view of the ground. Was great having business meetings there or jus being with family and friends. And if you didnt want to dine, you just waltzed out 20 metres to the outdoor seats.

It had a billiards table, various bars ( Daicos bar, shaw bar from memory)

A selection of pub style warm food - parma's etc

And endless memorabilia that engulfed you as you walked around.

The transition from Vic Park to Lexus centre has been a joke for members (theres another free plug for lexus eveytime we talk about it)

The argument we had to make the move because we got new facilities makes sense, tho i suppose if we spent the money to upgrade the facilities at Vic park, im sure they would have also become state of the art.

But i wont argue that point, as initially i was happy to move to Lexus centre.

So lets look at our pride and joy:

The cafe at lexus is a joke.
I attended training on friday before the lions game - watched the group train, walked all the way back to the centre, visited the cafe at about 12.40 and there was no food in the case ( the glass enclosure). Thats peak eating time - midday ..... 3 adults and 3 kids made up our group, we waited as it seemed there was only one staff member....and we waited. til we had enough and left.

Training happens down at Punt / Hoddle - our home is the other end of the block by the river, kinda unusual given how most clubs have the training ground attached to their home. I understand there are works in progress ..... however our other training ground was also a fair walk.

There are comments that this is all about short term pain for long term gain. Something about a new stand / developement ???

so i say ok i can handle short term pain for long term gain - most reasonable people can. is this new stand / training ground mentioned anywhere on OUR website ? Does our club actually inform us of whats happening ? if indeed its happening ? or is this all anecdotal

I just received my new edition in B&W - and theres nothing mentioned in it ....... I also visit the website regularly and havent seen anything - so any information would be welcomed.

Taking friends to lexus has been embarasing - the cafe is closed during the Australian OPen tennis, closed other random days, or just doesnt have any food.

footnote: kind of unusual we had the love hate relationship with our council, whereas Essendon, Geelong, St.Kilda, Footscray have all made a go of it.

The move to Lexus was for the betterment of all - not just the players and corporates. Its embarassing hearing otherwise, some ppl seem to walk around with corporate written on their forehead ....... ridiculous statements like that make us a laughing stock for other clubs who seem to give a sh*t about their members

I, and i imagine many other readers, would appreciate links to actuall official communication about this 'new training ground / stand development' - would be nice to know if the club is infact doing something to make the experience of going their more enjoyable.

Clement 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:00 pm

Culprit wrote:
Many youngsters will have no idea what Vic Park was all about.

Lexus is corporate all the way. Been there for breakfast with the players as a guest and that's it. Great marketing tool, great for the coaching, players and workers of the club. It was never built for the supporters its that simple.

I get howled down everytime for saying it, the days of suburban football at VFL/AFL are long gone.

Mate, then there should be somewhere for the supporter base to gather in the old fashioned way.

Don't say the Ponsford Stand!

Imagine if we win a premiership? Where are we going to go to create the memories of a life time?

Eddie reckons he is a man of the people, well he has let the membership down in this regard.

Sad.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:07 pm
Post subject: Thank GodReply with quote

It seems to have taken fans all this time that the push to Lexus was a big fat reduction in supporter focus at the Club. Let the facts speak for themselves as these posts have. Well done fans for calling it as it is. A disgrace!!

We dumped VP in a way history will remember this generation for. Superficial spin doctors with a blind illusional self belief in their own crap. CFC can say what they like about the move to Lexus. I for one will regard it as the lowest point in our great history for fans.

When you live in the high flying Corporate world, I guess you are immune from the poor supporter just wanting to take their kids to the place CFC enjoyed its greatest triumph and pain. A place where the blood of the Club ran rich with the greatest history of any club.

We fans owe it to our founding fathers of our club to oppose any Board who does not declare a commitment to fight to return in some way to VP.

Maybe I am wrong about all this? You decide!

Clement 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:14 pm

Maybe that is what it needs Tess, a flag from the time when it is home (Now).

Maybe then, in some sort of miracle, it will take on a presence.

It is a long strech because at the moment it is just another expensive place to get pis$ed with stolen memories from Jock McHale Stadium.

What would the great man JM himself think?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:39 am

Clement wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Many youngsters will have no idea what Vic Park was all about.

Lexus is corporate all the way. Been there for breakfast with the players as a guest and that's it. Great marketing tool, great for the coaching, players and workers of the club. It was never built for the supporters its that simple.

I get howled down everytime for saying it, the days of suburban football at VFL/AFL are long gone.

Mate, then there should be somewhere for the supporter base to gather in the old fashioned way.

Don't say the Ponsford Stand!

Imagine if we win a premiership? Where are we going to go to create the memories of a life time?

Eddie reckons he is a man of the people, well he has let the membership down in this regard.

Sad.

I have moved from the Ponsford to the Northern stand. Back in the Hasset room where your treatment is better. The Ponsford was supposed to be OUR stand. It isn't.
Piepark 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:41 pm

As much as this hurts me to say it, Essendon with both their Website (not Telstra) and Windy Hill have managed to combine both tradition and modern technology and make it work fantastic.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/main.asp

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/club/windyhilltours.asp

The Windy Hill ground for meals, tours and supporters value for money deserves a big congratulations. We have been left behind as supporters big time in this area.

Lets not beat around the bush with silly statements, our ground, venue and internet site is a huge joke for a club as big as ours. If it ain't addressed in years to come, passion, faith, tradition and loyalty will be just words for our club. You don't have this without looking after your heart and soul of the club. The supporters.

Hate to say it. We need to fix this real quick.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:55 pm

Piepark wrote:
As much as this hurts me to say it, Essendon with both their Website (not Telstra) and Windy Hill have managed to combine both tradition and modern technology and make it work fantastic.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/main.asp

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/club/windyhilltours.asp

The Windy Hill ground for meals, tours and supporters value for money deserves a big congratulations. We have been left behind as supporters big time in this area.

Lets not beat around the bush with silly statements, our ground, venue and internet site is a huge joke for a club as big as ours. If it ain't addressed in years to come, passion, faith, tradition and loyalty will be just words for our club. You don't have this without looking after your heart and soul of the club. The supporters.

Hate to say it. We need to fix this real quick.

First and foremost supporters want success, everything else is a formality. Essendon can rot at their Windy Hill facilities as far as I'm concerned cos they will not see on field success for at least 5 years.
I'd rather stale bread and water sitting in a treehouse watching premierships than 5 star service in a fancy establishment watching mediocrity.
As far as websites go, who needs em, we have Nick's Cool

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:28 pm

YCC has installed a Black and White water tank in the Sherrin Stand undercroft. We do have a presence.

The players race that the VFL Umps are using has been repainted dark green over the Black and over the 'Collingwood Football Club' on each side.

If we do win a premiership, were will we celebrate after the game?

reminder...

pica 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:33 pm

die4pies wrote:

If we do win a premiership, were will we celebrate after the game?

Well, there are so many of us, so I'd suggest we celebrate anywhere we bloody well like.
daisys dad 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:49 pm

Guys we have heard it before and I will say it again. It is time to move on. Nothing will hold a place in our hearts until we win premierships. That is the start and the end.

Who cares where we are when we celebrate, in fact I wouldn’t care if we celebrated the winning premierships at Windy Hill. I just want to celebrate them.

The facilities are there for the players so we can be the best. We now have to hope that it is working. From where I am sitting I think that we are starting to see results.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:55 pm

Myself, I'm glad that we're at the Lexus Centre. In time, it'll become all generations know of Collingwood and our base. That said, the flipside is that, though it may not have been possible, I wish that we kept a foot in the door at Victoria Park. Who knows what the future may hold.

Though one thing's for sure, at our next Grand Final (please make it ASAP!), I'll miss the last training session at Victoria Park. But we've got to move on. Or do we? Everyone's different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: