Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dave The Man's Ranting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep scoring shots were similar. Which is amazing considering the belting in the clearances, and the fact we had over 100 possessions less. We were more efficient at setting up scoring shots, but yet again could not put it on the board
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:46 pm

Dane Swan had a Shocker
Clement 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:48 pm

Dane had a good 10 minutes just before half time, the goal he kicked 2 seconds after the half time siren really stopped him in his tracks. My stomach felt sick at that point and I wonder if we had another 10 seconds before half time and the goal stood, if we could have broken away in the third quarter?
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 pm

Clement wrote:
Dane had a good 10 minutes just before half time, the goal he kicked 2 seconds after the half time siren really stopped him in his tracks. My stomach felt sick at that point and I wonder if we had another 10 seconds before half time and the goal stood, if we could have broken away in the third quarter?

There was a free kick payed prior to Dane Swan gathering the ball. When Swan kicked it he gave the Richmond player a 50 metre penalty but he was still too far out to kick the goal.
Clement 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:51 pm

Heater_39 wrote:
Clement wrote:

There was a free kick payed prior to Dane Swan gathering the ball. When Swan kicked it he gave the Richmond player a 50 metre penalty but he was still too far out to kick the goal.

Richmond certainly got the run of the free kicks around their goals.

The one against Heath Shaw was terrible.

Richo and Presti were both holding each other -that came at a time we just hit the lead and led to Ritchmond kicking 4 goals in 5 minutes and it took us the rest of the quarter to get back.

And what does Anthony Rocca have to do to get a free kick? He gets pulled to bits every week.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:54 pm

The Umpires gave Bitchmond a Arm Chair Wide
Clement 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:57 pm

Maybe the Umpires got on Richmond to win. The odds for Richmond came in from 6 to 1 to 4 to 1. Maybe it was the Umpires money. It is not how many free kicks you get, it is where you get them.
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:57 pm
Post subject: Re: Dave The Man's RantingReply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
My Thoughts:

Our Midfield and Ruck are a Joke. We do not have a Ruckman or a Decenet Midfilerd.

Toovey is a Hack

Bryan is a Lazy So and So he can get DeListed at the End of the Season.

At The Moment we are the worst team in the AFL

We came into to cocky for the Game - Resting Clarke WTF?

I can't think of anything else at the moment

Nice work in making one venting thread instead of 10 after a crappy loss DTM. Would have taken some self retraint. Well done.

Speaking of which, why is it that DTM seems to be the only guy told off for posting 10 threads after a loss?

...anyway, i agree with some of what you are saying Dave, but i dont agree with Toovey being a hack. This is a kid who kicked 4-3 against that joke of a side last time we met them. He is hard at the ball, and that kick around the corner to a teammate on the boundary was fantastic....however he seems to be a bit overawed by the occasion. Needs more time at Williamstown, and should only be promoted after a DOMINANT effort in the twos.

He seems to be the kind of player who needs his time in the seniors to be successful, and he's not a player you leave in a loosing matchup to teach him a lesson. Once he learns (or rather realises) that he DESERVES his place in the side, he will be a far better player.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:03 pm

Clement wrote:
Been standing by my team for 40 years mate. Now is the time for revolution and action not waiting for more excuses from a tired coach and a President who is busy with other things.

Would you like a skippy badge or a chest to pin it on?

You are a dead set joke!

Clement 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:05 pm

I have a chest that is 114cms.

I am a Cop so I don't need a Skippy Badge.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:11 pm

Quote:
If Collingwood won some clearances then Bowden wouldve been destroyed by Rocca. Rocca beat him whenever he got the chance...but when the opposition has 100 more possessions than you, then they have the luxury of stacking their forward line.

Spot on. Long, and fast to Rocca, on Bowden, he'll never come off second best.

Tempo footy? They get it, they handball it, they overuse it. That game plan is enough to drive anyone crazy.

IMO Swan's carrying something. If so, rest HIM and not Thomas and Cloke. Swan hasn't found his best since round 14 (much like the team).
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:15 pm

Once again a good post DTM and good comments by Clement. Spot on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: