Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick Maxwell ain't worthy of the number 5!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swooper 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shameful thread to start Sad shame, shame, shame.....
PIES4LYF 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:52 pm

Actually i think he does deserve it he ALWAYS gives his 100% and is always tough and makes a contest i think his a great player to wear the great number 5 Smile
Magpie_Marvel 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:07 am

that's the problem with our club we have too many players that we love and admire but in reality they are ordinary footballers..
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:43 am

Magpie_Marvel wrote:
that's the problem with our club we have too many players that we love and admire but in reality they are ordinary footballers..

wont have it any other way...100% behind our boys. they have a bad game, rather than hope they get dropped, i hope they turn it around

if you swapped me cloke for buddy, i would miss cloke terribly. dont care how good buddy is. ok maybe after a week or two i'll get over it, Laughing but still...
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:55 am

I have met Nick Maxwell on several occasions and I know others on this board have as well.....I think he is more than worthy to wear the number 5 or pretty much any number he chooses.....he is a real club man who conducts himself with the utmost integrity and respect....He always stops and talks to fans...as a matter of fact one time i met him I told him that I admired the way he went about his career and was about to walk off, but he stopped me and proceeded to have a good 15 to 20 minute chat with me about me! try getting that from any other superstar footballer......He is having a tough year but will break free soon enough and his playing ability will shine through at which time I hope to see an apology for this disgusting thread!

Besides if you are so worried about numbers in relation to who should be captain etc...I think it should go back to the traditional Number 1!

Cheers

stonedpies 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:07 am

The number he wears makes no difference to me..

I like Maxy's gung ho attitude but he is a battler at best, the fact that he is in our best 22 is what worries me

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:44 am

Northern Pie wrote:
He always stops and talks to fans...as a matter of fact one time i met him I told him that I admired the way he went about his career and was about to walk off, but he stopped me and proceeded to have a good 15 to 20 minute chat with me about me! try getting that from any other superstar footballer......

Cheers

i have found he and medhurst are very engaging, and where possible, do take the time to talk and listen to you which is a wonderful thing.

nulla 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:57 am

Quote:
wont have it any other way...100% behind our boys. they have a bad game, rather than hope they get dropped, i hope they turn it around

if you swapped me cloke for buddy, i would miss cloke terribly. dont care how good buddy is. ok maybe after a week or two i'll get over it, but still

Well said.

I say the jumper is more important than the number... thats just there so umpires can report them.

Once a player pulls on the black and white he becomes part of a team that is the greatest club on earth and in my eyes I do not care where they came from prior to pulling on the black and white as in Medhust and Wood, once a pie always a pie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: