Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sq3 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Any loyal supporter will not leave the club just because of a coach.

You will always support them - but you can lose faith in them - that is normal.

I like to see how the WCE and Bombers are going just to see how Burnsy and Richo are going as well.

If Bux does get a head coach job at another club - that is a completely different thing and he will take a lot of Pies faithfull with him.

For some it will be Club loyalty as opposed to player/person loyalty.

For me if Bux is head coach at another club - I will be closely following 2 clubs.

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:14 am

42 wrote:

I agree with jack

while i accept that there are people who have a different opinion, i do hate the fact that unless you have blind faith in the clubs decisions, and trust in their "informed opinion", then you are somehow not a real supporter and possibly a traitor and shud not comment on anything because by definition if u disagree with the club then u r obviously wrong.

Just rubbush. Some of the most loyal people in history have been the ones willing to question the establishment.

Disagree with the decision makers - fine.
Question the establishment - no worries.
Voice concerns with the direction the club you love is taking - perfectly acceptable.
Threaten to walk because you don't like a decision the democratically elected leaders of the club has made - PATHETIC.

If they are the standards you are going to live your life by, then next time KRudd does something you do not like, move to France or something.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."

Nathan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:22 am

King Monkey wrote:
42 wrote:

I agree with jack

while i accept that there are people who have a different opinion, i do hate the fact that unless you have blind faith in the clubs decisions, and trust in their "informed opinion", then you are somehow not a real supporter and possibly a traitor and shud not comment on anything because by definition if u disagree with the club then u r obviously wrong.

Just rubbush. Some of the most loyal people in history have been the ones willing to question the establishment.

Disagree with the decision makers - fine.
Question the establishment - no worries.
Voice concerns with the direction the club you love is taking - perfectly acceptable.
Threaten to walk because you don't like a decision the democratically elected leaders of the club has made - PATHETIC.

If they are the standards you are going to live your life by, then next time KRudd does something you do not like, move to France or something.

if you consistently disagree with something then sometimes you have to take drastic steps.

Thomas Jefferson said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Gen George S Patton.
US 3rd Army.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:22 am

I would also never turn my back on the pies, but I believe if Ed renews MM's contract against the wishes of the masses, and it is the clear majority now then Ed will face a huge backlash from members & supporters.

This team needs to be reinvigorated with fresh ideas and a new approach to dealing with the media and last but not least an exciting gameplan that is great to watch. The style of play we are currently using is frustrating to say the least.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:41 am

42 wrote:
Thomas Jefferson said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

How many of those patriots he was talking about turned their backs and walked away instead of fighting?

Threatening to take your bat and ball and go home is pathetic behaviour. First bit of real pressure this club has been under since 2005 and we're drowning in sooks and spoilt little brats. God help us if the players and coaching staff are as piss weak as our support base.

Stop being so friggin weak and show some phucking loyalty to the club if not the coach and board.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:45 am

A similar situation exists in soccer for those of us who barrack for Newcastle United, the Magpies of England. After years of near misses followed by administrative ineptitude (sound familiar?) Newcastle are one point away from relegation with one match to play.

What do I do - walk away and barrack for Manchester United and Hawthorn, on the basis that success will surely follow?

Did Australia give up on the Socceroos after the debacles of Iran and Uraguay?

There is, for better or worse, next year. There is, like Linus's blanket, 1990. There is the magic but imperfect year of 2007. There is 1958, the most heroic premiership of all.

If you can't handle a lot of pain, you are not a Magpie supporter. Don't give up now. This year is crap. next year might be better.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:47 am

nomadjack wrote:
42 wrote:

How many of those patriots he was talking about turned their backs and walked away instead of fighting?

Threatening to take your bat and ball and go home is pathetic behaviour. First bit of real pressure this club has been under since 2005 and we're drowning in sooks and spoilt little brats. God help us if the players and coaching staff are as piss weak as our support base.

Stop being so friggin weak and show some phucking loyalty to the club if not the coach and board.

There is no Clap emoticons.

So here, here nomad well said.

Mr. Green

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  

Nathan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:04 am

So because i say we need to make a tough decision and sack the coach at years end i am weak am I?

exactly the bullshite i was talkin about.

This club has failed for 19 years, and you this think its all good.

Keep fiddling while rome burns my friends.

Gen George S Patton.
US 3rd Army.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:05 am

I'll be sticking with the club. I barrack for Collingwood not Mick Malthouse.
sq3 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:15 am

regan is true fullback wrote:
A similar situation exists in soccer for those of us who barrack for Newcastle United, the Magpies of England. After years of near misses followed by administrative ineptitude (sound familiar?) Newcastle are one point away from relegation with one match to play.

What do I do - walk away and barrack for Manchester United and Hawthorn, on the basis that success will surely follow?

Did Australia give up on the Socceroos after the debacles of Iran and Uraguay?

There is, for better or worse, next year. There is, like Linus's blanket, 1990. There is the magic but imperfect year of 2007. There is 1958, the most heroic premiership of all.

If you can't handle a lot of pain, you are not a Magpie supporter. Don't give up now. This year is crap. next year might be better.

I follow the Toonies as well and they have bit the bullet and appointed Shearer - who would the the Bux of the EPL - and untried coach but a great player and loyalty beyond question.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:17 am

42 wrote:
So because i say we need to make a tough decision and sack the coach at years end i am weak am I?

exactly the bullshite i was talkin about.

This club has failed for 19 years, and you this think its all good.

Keep fiddling while rome burns my friends.

You genuinely have a problem with basic English comprehension don't you.

Go back and read the post and ponder what "show some phucking loyalty to the club if not the coach and board." might mean.

By all means debate the merit of keeping or sacking MM. By all means debate whether or not Eddie and the board should move on. These are legitimate issues with pros and cons on both sides.

To threaten to walk away from the club if you don't get your way on these issues though is PISSWEAK.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:24 am

It would never quit Collingwood...but perhaps, what's left of my care factor, would grind down to zero.

There was a time, when we lost, that I used to:
Sulk for a week,
Go into hiding for days,
Not talk to anyone (including wife and kids) for hours.

Of course the exact opposite was true when we won.

Why? Because it all meant something to me.

However, the penny dropped a couple years ago for me and I realised that it all just aint worth it. While I continue to hold and express strong views as to where I think it goes wrong for Collingwood, my days of working myself up for the club are long gone.

These days, win, lose or draw, I am over it in minutes and rather than take it out on my loved ones...its more of a case of "So what Pizza do you want tonight and how about we grab a movie guys"

Yeah, continue to support the club...but there are much much better things to worry about, that's for sure.
piester 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:27 am

I agree with NomadJack, and in my nearly 50 years of being a Collingwood supporter there have been many highs and lows. Not once have I ever considered walking away (strategic withdrawal or otherwise). The club is always stronger than the individual. I will be at Subiaco Saturday night and win, lose or draw I will cheer the boys on irrespective of current frustrations! If we win I will enjoy giving it to the Weagles supporters and should we lose I will take it on the chin and reload for the following weekend.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:31 am

King Monkey wrote:
jack_spain wrote:

I've said it before, and this time I'll stick by my word. If Mick's contract is renewed and we lose Buckley, I'll walk out the door and not return until Mick and Eddie have both gone.

Bye bye then!! Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!! Very Happy

Yeah, clever! How about coming up with an original metaphor next time. Cliched thinking is no thinking at all.

And that's the problem with the Lexus Centre Cult. Group thought rules the day, not individuals actually using their minds to think for themselves.

Go and spank your monkey King!
understudy 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:36 am

David wrote:
It would be a shame, especially if he was successful, but the club cannot afford to allow nostalgia to influence their decision-making. Nostalgia gave us Tony Shaw as coach. It is no foregone conclusion that Buckley will lead another team to a flag in the near future, just as it is no forgone conclusion that he will lead us to one. The club have to make the best decision based on the available information, and I trust them to do so.

You do but increasingly many others do not trust their judgement.

Once the majority lose faith, the situation will become untenable and a pres and board will have to take over.

Unfortunately the Pres and his board has been allowed to go on as they see fit without being called to account by members and they wont be before this mess has to be sorted out.

Many feel the wrong decisions will be made on account of EM and his current board no longer being up to the task they are entrusted with.

These members should be calling EM and his board to account and seeking change if necessary, not walk away from the club and abandon it in a dark hour.

An EGM might be necessary.

Last edited by understudy on Tue May 19, 2009 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14   

Jump to: