Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Leon Davis

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

magpie greg wrote:
the seer wrote:
magpie greg wrote:
mackasmatt wrote:
What a load, there are plenty of teams who would want his services.. there are plenty of teams not playing in finals. He has proved to be a big game player, however having about 3 bad finals.

I think there are more worrying players who haven't proven themselves in finals (against decent teams):
- Travis Cloke
- Jack Anthony
- Josh Fraser

Even Presti started to show signs of struggle against big decent forwards (destroyed by Franklin)

Nobody wanted him. He has played 3 good finals games in about 15. He was the egg man in the 2002 GF.

Never performs when big pressure is on him.

Which goes against what Madhouse says is the key test of whether he retains a player or not - whether they can perform in finals.

Davis + finals = DUD. All you have to do is go back and watch the games.

I've got no problems with criticisms of our players for underperforming or whatever but people who launch malicious attacks on our players like this jerk i shouldn't have to share oxygen with

LOW LIFE!!!

What a weak post. You obviously have self-image problems.

You know as much about football as Stalin knew about human rights.

LOL

I love the off season Smile

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:24 am

Some party-pooper put up the facts about Leon's finals performances a while back and I was surprised to find that they were not bad. They were not top-end, but a fair harvest of goals and plenty of possessions amid the odd poor game.

I think this is a case where his card was marked back in 2002 GF - fairly enough - and people just want to see their prejudices vindicated, so tend to over-accent selective evidence since. I also think that the day will come when he will play a large part in the Pies coming flag.

I'd be (genuinely) interested to compare Leon's finals performances with, say, Dids / Fraser / Medhurst over the same period - I might be wrong, but suspect there'd not be too much difference relative to their respective game averages.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:47 am

Good post Mugwump, on Fraser and Didak I can recall some pretty good finals from both. What irks me is the same people who go on about Fraser's 1st few finals, how it was so long ago that it's no longer relevant yet it's ok to still criticise Leon for his performances in that same period. Consistency umpires, that's all we ask for!
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:40 am

jack_spain wrote:
Bucks will do wonders for Leon's confidence. Just you wait and see.

Nathan Buckley will add 20% value to each player's skills profile as well. Very Happy

Really? What will he do for my whites and smalls then? Razz

Last edited by rocketronnie on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:03 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Chinaman John M wrote:
So how do we get to the finals?

Does AA mean anything to you?

My glass is always half full, I love Collingwood and love what we do and how we do it.
You just whinge and moan about everything we do, sad little tosser

Here's what Mick says about people like you

"We might get some right, we might get some wrong, but everything we do, everything, is based on what is best for the club - not what people tell us we should do".

The ONLY wanker on here is you pal, mr Hiddell mr stone, a sad little optimist on a walking frame at our next flag celebrations, if you had your way. Listen, I love the Pies too, but i want success, not continual failure by a guy who stars in H and A games, but packs his tent in the big ones, and goes AWOL. I do not whinge about everything you do, if you actually bothered to read some of my past posts, i have said we have the best kids in fifty years, its some of our vets that let us down, time and again. Wonder if you bother to reply to anyone else on here who agrees with me., or are you too gutless and just stalk me constantly?? Lets see you reply to someone else who agrees with me. Not likely. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Having problems dealing with a contrary view to your own? Tch tch tch.... Your starting to sound like a cyber-bully...

And you should really consider that Mick quote some more (as should quite a few others here)...so I'm repeating it for your edification...

"We might get some right, we might get some wrong, but everything we do, everything, is based on what is best for the club - not what people tell us we should do"

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:08 am

Skids wrote:
Skids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Chinaman John M wrote:
So how do we get to the finals?

Does AA mean anything to you?

My glass is always half full, I love Collingwood and love what we do and how we do it.
You just whinge and moan about everything we do, sad little tosser

Here's what Mick says about people like you

"We might get some right, we might get some wrong, but everything we do, everything, is based on what is best for the club - not what people tell us we should do".

This is an example of meth induced paranoia< i wish you all the best in any atempt at recovery.

The ONLY wanker on here is you pal, mr Hiddell mr stone, a sad little optimist on a walking frame at our next flag celebrations, if you had your way. Listen, I love the Pies too, but i want success, not continual failure by a guy who stars in H and A games, but packs his tent in the big ones, and goes AWOL. I do not whinge about everything you do, if you actually bothered to read some of my past posts, i have said we have the best kids in fifty years, its some of our vets that let us down, time and again. Wonder if you bother to reply to anyone else on here who agrees with me., or are you too gutless and just stalk me constantly?? Lets see you reply to someone else who agrees with me. Not likely. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

This is an example of meth induced paranoia< i wish you all the best in any attempt at recovery.

There, that's better.

They are all on it down at the chess club. The shame of our streets! Razz

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:35 am

Mugwump wrote:
Some party-pooper put up the facts about Leon's finals performances a while back and I was surprised to find that they were not bad. They were not top-end, but a fair harvest of goals and plenty of possessions amid the odd poor game.

I think this is a case where his card was marked back in 2002 GF - fairly enough - and people just want to see their prejudices vindicated, so tend to over-accent selective evidence since. I also think that the day will come when he will play a large part in the Pies coming flag.

I'd be (genuinely) interested to compare Leon's finals performances with, say, Dids / Fraser / Medhurst over the same period - I might be wrong, but suspect there'd not be too much difference relative to their respective game averages.

Great post, Mugwump, couldn't have said it better.

Keamos 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:05 am

Okay for all those people bagging Leon, went to final siren and since both players debuted in 2001 each has played 13 finals.

Leon missed the 2003 QF against Brisbane and the 2006 EF againts the Dogs.
Didak missed the 2008 EF against Adelaide and the 2008 SF against St Kilda.

Stats are:
Player K H D M HO T FF FA G B
Leon 100 40 140 33 0 44 7 7 12 10
Alan 128 58 186 38 0 25 13 13 14 7
Not much between them and Leon has generated one more scoring shot and yes the numbers include the 2002 GF.

Pretty close.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:07 am

What's your sign? ""? Didak missed the 2008 EF against Adelaide and the 2008 SF against St Kilda?
Chinaman John M Capricorn

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:33 am

magpie greg wrote:
frankiboy wrote:
Good post Mugwump, on Fraser and Didak I can recall some pretty good finals from both. What irks me is the same people who go on about Fraser's 1st few finals, how it was so long ago that it's no longer relevant yet it's ok to still criticise Leon for his performances in that same period. Consistency umpires, that's all we ask for!

Sure. 2008 and 2009 final series. Recent enough for you?

Greg, I can't really understand why you are not
* on the AA selection committee
* coaching Collingwood
* our fitness adviser
* our head recruiter
* our financial adviser
* our President
* on the AFL Commission
* our CEO
* our Captain

no one knows as much as you about all that stuff, hell, I think you could even become the PM

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:44 pm

you forgot bootstudder...very important guy the bootstudder....
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:47 pm

magpie greg wrote:
frankiboy wrote:

Sure. 2008 and 2009 final series. Recent enough for you?

Not that bad, greg. Averaged 15.4 disposals over 5 finals, his career average is 14.3 btw. Those stats are fairly consistent without any real standout game, that being 20, 17, 15, 12 and 13 disposals for each final. Has struggled to find the goals which is disappointing with a poor return of only 2 from 5 games, not through lack of effort though. Averaged 4.2 tackles in 5 finals, 4, 1, 4, 4 and 8 respectively - Career avg is 2.9. Seems to me he's trying just as hard in the finals, if not harder without much return. I'm tipping most small forwards would find it just as tough. I guess you're only as good as your last game, unfortunately Leon's last 2 were the least productive, but not that far off.

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:22 pm

hey magpie greg i think you need these

ist2_1056304-happy-pills.jpg

Chinaman John M Capricorn

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:26 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
you forgot bootstudder...very important guy the bootstudder....

Laughing Laughing

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:26 pm

the ru is on fire wrote:
hey magpie greg i think you need these

Lol he's not the only one around here who does... Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: