Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Suggestions you'd like to make to The Club

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpie_Dan wrote:
Employ some REAL COLLINGWOOD PEOPLE at the club instead of some fake employees who claim to love Collingwood.

I agree wholeheartedly Dan!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Magpie_Dan wrote:
Employ some REAL COLLINGWOOD PEOPLE at the club instead of some fake employees who claim to love Collingwood.

Confused!! Confused Just to be perfectly clear, do you mean having ONLY senior and assistant coaches who have played for Collingwood like Bob Rose, Buck's, Tony Shaw etc dude? No more Matthews, Malthouse, Hafey, Scott, Hudson, Caracella, Laidley, Watters, Frawley etc???

Or do you mean only having club administrators who barrack for Collingwood like Eddie and not Walsh, Greg Swan, Balme etc??

Or do you mean players who only barrack for Collingwood?

Or bootstudders who either played or barracked for Collingwood?

Can you kindly clarify your post?? Please explain!! Exclamation

Last edited by Lazza on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:26 pm

mattys123 wrote:
neil wrote:
Dwarf tossing with REAL COLLINGWOOD DWARVES.

Jarryd Blair? Question

A shortened version of the Blair Witch project.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Quote:
No more Matthews, Malthouse, Hafey, Scott, Hudson, Caracella, Laidley, Watters, Frawley etc???

In fairness to Blake Caracella, he played two years for the Pies, and led the goalkicking for about 21-rounds in 2005.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:55 pm

We should re-model Vic Park as "Nostalgia-Land" which will recreate the 1890's Depression, The Great War, The Great Depression, The Rise of Hitler and World War Two, and Bob Menzies. We can stop there with Bob cos we didn't do so well after that. Hiss can provide the voice over narratives. I'm sure "Nostalgia Land" will be a great hit for the club, forming generations of true blue Collingwood supporters creating a dynasty of supporters that will impel the club to a dynasty of domination that will last a thousand years... Idea
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:06 pm

Johnson#26 wrote:
Quote:
No more Matthews, Malthouse, Hafey, Scott, Hudson, Caracella, Laidley, Watters, Frawley etc???

In fairness to Blake Caracella, he played two years for the Pies, and led the goalkicking for about 21-rounds in 2005.

Yeah true but can he be now accepted as a REAL Collingwood person because he played a couple of years at Collingwood? This is what I’m trying to clear up with the original poster or the two posters who seconded the post. What does “Employ some REAL COLLINGWOOD PEOPLE at the club instead of some fake employees who claim to love Collingwood.” actually mean? Give examples of those who fitted the bill. On its own it sounds a very xenophobic and a pretty bloody stupid comment. Collingwood cannot survive in a cacoon or another planet without any outside contact or experience at the club!!
WHO qualifies to be a REAL Collingwood person and who doesn’t qualify? For example are Brian Taylor and Tommy Hafey real Collingwood people who played/coached Collingwood for years even though they originated from Richmond???
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:00 pm

Lazza wrote:
Johnson#26 wrote:
Quote:

Yeah true but can he be now accepted as a REAL Collingwood person because he played a couple of years at Collingwood? This is what I’m trying to clear up with the original poster or the two posters who seconded the post. What does “Employ some REAL COLLINGWOOD PEOPLE at the club instead of some fake employees who claim to love Collingwood.” actually mean? Give examples of those who fitted the bill. On its own it sounds a very xenophobic and a pretty bloody stupid comment. Collingwood cannot survive in a cacoon or another planet without any outside contact or experience at the club!!
WHO qualifies to be a REAL Collingwood person and who doesn’t qualify? For example are Brian Taylor and Tommy Hafey real Collingwood people who played/coached Collingwood for years even though they originated from Richmond???

I think they were referring to employees at the club, i.e. membership department, Lexus staff etc. That's the way I read it.

I think sales people and membership department should be Pies fans as they'll be more passionate about achieving great results for the Pies.

I actually made a note in my members survey saying similar. The sales team should be pumped up pies fans with sales experience etc. Surely amongst 46,000 fans we can get some appropriate types. I'd certainly put my hand up!

Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:03 pm

What I mean by my post is that I would like to see people working there that appreciate the clubs history, the symbol, what the club stands for and most of all THE SUPPORTERS!

I go into the club to make enquiries and depending on who I talk to sometimes it feels like they dont want you there and cant be f*cked helping you out with whatever you need.

EG: Last year, Bucks had the signing of his book there. I missed out on being in the first 200 to purchase a book and getting in to get it signed on the day. I thought id head down and see if any of my mates were there and that way I could maybe purchase a book and go in with them or get them to get it signed! I went in to buy a book just as the store shut and I was told even if I was to buy a book, I wont be getting in to get Bucks to sign it. This person spoke to me very rudely and I didnt think that was very fair. Fair enough I couldnt get in as I missed out on being in the first 200 to purchase off the net. This isnt what im upset about till this day. A cheersquad member came out with a book and I asked her when she purchased the book. She went on to tell me the person in the store said "if you buy a book NOW you can go into see Bucks and get him to sign it!" Whats with that?

My point is, if this was Sheryn Osbourne (and I know she got into some strife at the end of her employment at the club) she woulda have let me in because she appreciates the supporters and the club and all it stands for! I dont want to go into the club and feel on edge and feel as though I have to get out because they dont know what we as fans are really about and dont understand the fans passion for the club!

Chris from merchandise, Nick Hullet from media, Chloe and Lauren from administration and there is a lady whos name slips my mind that works in the cafe are all great people and excellent to deal with! They never make you feel uncomfortable when there and are always very very helpfull! The guys from behind the bar on gameday are great to. Always good for a chat and very respectfull to the fans and at times you will even catch them at the games in their Collingwood gear!

This is what I mean by bring in people that love the club. Does anyone remember the ladys that used to work in the pokies at Collingwood Social club? These are ladies who were great to the fans and love Collingwood! Not someone who slaps on a Pies polo or dresses like they are walking down the catwalk in a fashion show FFS!

PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Lazza wrote:
Magpie_Dan wrote:

Confused!! Confused Just to be perfectly clear, do you mean having ONLY senior and assistant coaches who have played for Collingwood like Bob Rose, Buck's, Tony Shaw etc dude? No more Matthews, Malthouse, Hafey, Scott, Hudson, Caracella, Laidley, Watters, Frawley etc???

Or do you mean only having club administrators who barrack for Collingwood like Eddie and not Walsh, Greg Swan, Balme etc??

Or do you mean players who only barrack for Collingwood?

Or bootstudders who either played or barracked for Collingwood?

Can you kindly clarify your post?? Please explain!! Exclamation

Lazza we mean administration..... I think thats what
Dan meant.... that is most certainly what I mean anyway....

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Magpie_Dan wrote:
What I mean by my post is that I would like to see people working there that appreciate the clubs history, the symbol, what the club stands for and most of all THE SUPPORTERS!

I go into the club to make enquiries and depending on who I talk to sometimes it feels like they dont want you there and cant be f*cked helping you out with whatever you need.

EG: Last year, Bucks had the signing of his book there. I missed out on being in the first 200 to purchase a book and getting in to get it signed on the day. I thought id head down and see if any of my mates were there and that way I could maybe purchase a book and go in with them or get them to get it signed! I went in to buy a book just as the store shut and I was told even if I was to buy a book, I wont be getting in to get Bucks to sign it. This person spoke to me very rudely and I didnt think that was very fair. Fair enough I couldnt get in as I missed out on being in the first 200 to purchase off the net. This isnt what im upset about till this day. A cheersquad member came out with a book and I asked her when she purchased the book. She went on to tell me the person in the store said "if you buy a book NOW you can go into see Bucks and get him to sign it!" Whats with that?

My point is, if this was Sheryn Osbourne (and I know she got into some strife at the end of her employment at the club) she woulda have let me in because she appreciates the supporters and the club and all it stands for! I dont want to go into the club and feel on edge and feel as though I have to get out because they dont know what we as fans are really about and dont understand the fans passion for the club!

Chris from merchandise, Nick Hullet from media, Chloe and Lauren from administration and there is a lady whos name slips my mind that works in the cafe are all great people and excellent to deal with! They never make you feel uncomfortable when there and are always very very helpfull! The guys from behind the bar on gameday are great to. Always good for a chat and very respectfull to the fans and at times you will even catch them at the games in their Collingwood gear!

This is what I mean by bring in people that love the club. Does anyone remember the ladys that used to work in the pokies at Collingwood Social club? These are ladies who were great to the fans and love Collingwood! Not someone who slaps on a Pies polo or dresses like they are walking down the catwalk in a fashion show FFS!

yes Dan thats what I was agreeing to....

Chinaman John M Capricorn

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:41 pm

What a load of old bollocks
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:44 pm

I'm pretty sure Sherryn Osbourne was/is an Essendon supporter and Nick Hullet St.kilda.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:39 pm

Well, there's nothing wrong with an equal employment policy

but the club should REALLY get a new website. Bigpond's sux arse! Very Happy

Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:45 am

Im not in anyway saying that we should employ everything and anything Collingwood just because they are Collingwood. Im saying we should get some Collingwood people in there because some of the staff and just damn right rude!

Sheryn Osbourne might not have supported Collingwood but atleast whenever you would go into the store at Vic Park, she would always make you feel welcome at the club as did the ladies that worked in the gaming area! These days its all about dressing in suits and glamming up for work and not even close to being about the fans!!! ITS REALLY SAD ITS GONE THAT WAY!!! Sad

PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:10 am

Magpie_Dan wrote:
Im not in anyway saying that we should employ everything and anything Collingwood just because they are Collingwood. Im saying we should get some Collingwood people in there because some of the staff and just damn right rude!

Sheryn Osbourne might not have supported Collingwood but atleast whenever you would go into the store at Vic Park, she would always make you feel welcome at the club as did the ladies that worked in the gaming area! These days its all about dressing in suits and glamming up for work and not even close to being about the fans!!! ITS REALLY SAD ITS GONE THAT WAY!!! Sad

I think you mean POLITE and COURTEOUS staff who respect Collingwood fans, irrespective of who they barrack for dude. That's a very fair and reasonable request & comment and I fully support you. I cant stand rude service anywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: