Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What else is wrong with this story?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

[David, I reckon a new thesis is required to respond to your objections...I'll have a go at responding once I clear some work off my desk....]
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:16 am

Remember when Colleen McCullough defended the Pitcairn men who were charged with have sex with underage girls by this line of thinking: "Polynesians like to break their women in early. So when a girl's about 12, an older man with have sex with her."

That's what you get in a society that values "tribal culture" over decency and morality. It's merely a coincidence that this 12 year old girl was raped while drunk by three underage boys. The fact is these kids all live in a community that is totally dysfunctional on all counts.

Rather than trying to protect this bogus dysfunctional "tribal" culture, how about we try to protect the kids?
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:08 am

jack_spain wrote:
That's what you get in a society that values "tribal culture" over decency and morality.

One tribe's morality is another tribes indecency.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:31 am

kickit2me wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
That's what you get in a society that values "tribal culture" over decency and morality.

One tribe's morality is another tribes indecency.

Aint that the truth.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:00 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Remember when Colleen McCullough defended the Pitcairn men who were charged with have sex with underage girls by this line of thinking: "Polynesians like to break their women in early. So when a girl's about 12, an older man with have sex with her."

That's what you get in a society that values "tribal culture" over decency and morality. It's merely a coincidence that this 12 year old girl was raped while drunk by three underage boys. The fact is these kids all live in a community that is totally dysfunctional on all counts.

Rather than trying to protect this bogus dysfunctional "tribal" culture, how about we try to protect the kids?

Lol "Morality and decency"? I could tell you some stories about incest and child sexual abuse that would make you sick to your stomach. And all these occurred in good old WHITE suburban Melbourne. I'm not talking about the unbalanced predators the media like to trumpet about, I'm talking about what can happen behind closed doors all over Melbourne from Toorak to The Pines in Frankston and all over. And these are not isolated cases either. 'Morality and decency'? I've heard those and similar words from sleazy dads, uncles and brothers trying to squirm off the hook. The majority of such cases never really make the papers when they come to court, usually the names and case details are suppressed to protect the victims. And our white-Anglo society likes to turn away from this dirty little secret - 'Its just not nice'.

What happened in Polynesia is not concomitant to any ideas of 'tribal culture' amongst the kids in West Australia, that is due more to the breakdown of ALL social mores for those children. There is no tribal culture for those kids. What happened is the product of both socio-cultural destruction and our negligence in dealing with a complex of issues involving social deprivation over a long period of time.

So don't go trumpeting about 'morality and decency' in white Australian society. Its a crock if ever there was one.

Simone 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:30 am

Rape, incest, child sexual abuse on any count is vile and evil. Black, white, I don't care - lock them up and throw away the key. The child is more important, protect the children and take them away if that is what needs to happen to break a shocking cycle, whether it's in the burbs or in the bush - its should be the same rules and laws that need to apply. Morality and decency are some of the cornerstones of our society and what keeps us becoming uncivlised morons. Jesus some things need to be upheld in this society and all I read in this forum was apologists and people liking to counter argue because it showed their intellect. Grow up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: