Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Boycott SEN/Dr Turf

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me ... there used to be a brilliantly zany off-beat little comic book printed now & then called Hot Pies. Anyone seen it?
Cutting humour, no pandering to the status quo that lot!
I have a small Library of a collection, am just sorry they don't make em any more. Totally nonAFL brand approved, thus its demise.
The only other read of any worth in my book, is the sports section in the Melb Times, can be funny stuff Cool
Other than that, the Marngrook FS, and not much else, cos everyone's on the payroll I'm afraid!

tcnthat Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Lol at doctor turf hosting a show with compulsive gambler ox. It's little wonder Dr Turf sounds arrogant when he is on SEN, when you look at some of the intellectual giants he is working with - Watson, Maher, Ox et al - the bloke must feel like president of Mensa!

Who cares if he shitcans collingwood? I love it when they hate us!

tcnthat Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:38 pm

fence-banger wrote:
Reminds me ... there used to be a brilliantly zany off-beat little comic book printed now & then called Hot Pies. Anyone seen it?
I have a small Library of a collection, am just sorry they don't make em any more. Totally nonAFL brand approved, thus its demise.
The only other read of any worth in my book, is the sports section in the Melb Times, can be funny stuff Cool
Other than that, the Marngrook FS, and not much else, cos everyone's on the payroll I'm afraid!

I used to love Hotpies. What a great read, the Neil balme thing was hilarious

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:03 am
Post subject: Re: Boycott SEN/Dr TurfReply with quote

ptaylor67 wrote:
That moron Dr Turf who we already know is a Magpie hater ridiculed the Cakewalk book this morning - enough for me SEN can get stuffed, sick of hearing the Collingwood bashing that goes on over there, this Dr Turf cant talk - follows that bankrupt fraud of a club Melbourne!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Hey Piesnchess! Laughing

Are you in disguise? Wink
Ah Tibor 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:10 am

Suck it up Princess.
JOLLYWOOD 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 am

Who cares if he hates us he obviously doesnt go for us so obviously he hates us. You cant hate people becuase they hate Collingwood. I am a fan of him as I have won alot of money by listening to his tips.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:38 pm

JOLLYWOOD wrote:
Who cares if he hates us he obviously doesnt go for us so obviously he hates us. You cant hate people becuase they hate Collingwood. I am a fan of him as I have won alot of money by listening to his tips.

Good for you dude, to each their own I guess. Rolling Eyes As for me, anybody who hates my Collingwood club and extended magpie family will get the same treatment back in triple fold. Mad Evil or Very Mad I can’t stand bloody Collingwood haters/ bashers and in my lifetime, I give them the utter contempt and ridicule they deserve. In this example, living in Bendigo I never ever listen to SEN anyway, even on the PC, so no loss at all. Stuff them.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:05 pm

i remember that muppet, he used to get his mug on tele during the spring carnival, a muppet of the highest order, knows jack shit about horse racing too, pretty much gave himself that nick name, which says a lot. Confused

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Scribe 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Quote:
i remember that muppet, he used to get his mug on tele during the spring carnival, a muppet of the highest order, knows jack shit about horse racing too, pretty much gave himself that nick name, which says a lot.

I happen to know Turfy and this simply isn't true.

The bloke watches every single race, every single day. He knows every horse, trainer and jockey in this country and has given me dozens of great tips.

The fact people hate our club is one of the best things about being a Collingwood fan!

Would you rather have people feel sorry for us like the Kangaroos? Or, worse still, feel nothing at all?

Turfy plays it up just to suck people in...have a laugh along with him.

I spoke to him after the grand final and he was nothing but respectful.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Scribe wrote:
Quote:
i remember that muppet, he used to get his mug on tele during the spring carnival, a muppet of the highest order, knows jack shit about horse racing too, pretty much gave himself that nick name, which says a lot.

The bloke watches every single race, every single day. He knows every horse, trainer and jockey in this country and has given me dozens of great tips.

The fact people hate our club is one of the best things about being a Collingwood fan!

Would you rather have people feel sorry for us like the Kangaroos? Or, worse still, feel nothing at all?

it doesnt matter, if wants to make shit up about us ill make shit up about him. Twisted Evil

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Scribe wrote:
Quote:

Agree, he is (or was 30 odd years ago on RRR) pretty good with the punt knowledge, and a fairly acerbic commentator.. I guess some people don't get irony.
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 pm

tcnthat wrote:
fence-banger wrote:

I used to love Hotpies. What a great read, the Neil balme thing was hilarious

Oh hey, just checked-out this Thread again ... there was a cafe in Clifton Hill that a number of players & coaching staff would regularly frequent (no, I wasn't stalking, already a regular!) ... after a while, I started a Hot Pies wall there.
I can tell you for sure, the players loved that comic book, they loved it from superstar front cover (remember Anthony Rocca as the statue 'David', and Tarko 'a go!'), to the funny 'quotes' about Neil Balme's frame (Balmey himself thought it hilarious!) and all the special little anecdotes throughout, incl highlighting fans & misquoting them, all deliciously naughty!
The best mag around, pity it's vanished

swooper 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:02 pm

^^ Haha - yes loved Hot Pies too. We did some renovations at home recently and I came across my small little pile of mags....they were great. Even my hubby (who doesnt follow the Pies) thought they were great. Very naughty and irreverent they were... Cool

PS Which cafe in Clifton Hill?? I live in C.Hill so surprised I never saw the Hot Pies wall...
Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Defender wrote:
i remember that muppet, he used to get his mug on tele during the spring carnival, a muppet of the highest order, knows jack shit about horse racing too, pretty much gave himself that nick name, which says a lot. Confused

Better known as Dr Turd

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:18 pm

Swoop we must be nearly-neighbours Cool

The deli cafe on Queens Pde it was. After the 02 Grannie loss, even MM made an appearance ... he packed-out the cafe with well-wishers that day. Quite a popular strip I must say, with Chopper often making a splash too!

The Hot Pies wall grew from a small back corner of the cafe, to eventually taking-up the entire side wall. It was a fave of the players, who'd come in to check things out. But Balmey was a fave for sure, all in good fun!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: