Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I thought this is a messageboard?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So your saying coz we are only young we dont have an opinion or can't have an adult conversation. That isnt very nice thing to say. I reckon a lot of young people like myself on here have an excellent opinion and always say things that are as good as some things older people say. If it wasnt for us, then when all you people pass on *touch wood* there would be no collingwood supporters, coz they would of all passed away. We have as much right to post our opinions and express our individuality as the next person or elder.
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

"I used to love seeing past players. Seeing them now and saying hello gives you a huge buzz. The passion and tradition around the club is fantastic and I love the way Collingwood supporters go about it- it certainly helps the way I play."- Jarrod Molloy

*~SeCrEt SqUiRrEl & gUaCaMoLeS 4EvA!~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Peppermint Pattie Aquarius

Like a bat out of hell...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:18 pm

I agree totally, Lisey.
This board is one of the few places that I can come and post my thoughts and views on things without prejudice. I never for one moment thought that people would take my age into regard when reading my posts, they should not affect people's opinion of my characher and personality.
If this board is viewed as a "kiddie" board, then maybe we should take a look at who the real kiddies are. Those who are young of age, or those who are bigoted towards youth.

To all dissapointed with the apparent "Kiddie-ness" of Nick's, I ask you this: Were you never a child?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Founder of "The Quest To Poke Ryan Lonie's Belly-button"

*naaa naaaa na na nana, naaa naaa naaa GET TZATZIKI WITH IT!*
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:22 pm

I feel the same way, and im sure a lot of other people our age do aswell. I never knew posting my opinion or expressing myself would make me a immature child. I thought the things I said are with maturity to an extent that I would be treated as an individual with an opinion.
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

"I used to love seeing past players. Seeing them now and saying hello gives you a huge buzz. The passion and tradition around the club is fantastic and I love the way Collingwood supporters go about it- it certainly helps the way I play."- Jarrod Molloy

*~SeCrEt SqUiRrEl & gUaCaMoLeS 4EvA!~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:37 pm

I could see that coming. 'Adulthood' doesn't always mean maturity just as youth doesn't always mean ignorance or inability to have a meaningful input. I read and enjoy ALL posts.

Donny

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:24 am

I'd much rather read fun 'young' posts than boring ones that are continually whining about things that aren't done their way or to their liking. Why is age such an issue? Isn't this a place for all mad, passionate Collingwood supporters?

Bring on season 2003 - GO PIES!
Marg

Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:59 am

Since when has age determined your love or the seriousness of your knowledge of Collingwood?

We were all young at one stage and and we all barracked for Collingwood at that age and if it wasn't for younger supporters it is safe to say that our club would have no future. What makes a messageboard special is that it is a mix of ages, knowledge and personalities and sure there will be disagreements but we must never forget the underlying aspect of why we are all here - we love Collingwood!

So savour the fact that there are so many different people on here of ages and interests - that is what makes it what it is.

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:29 am

This message board caters for all groups, sexes, ages, etc. Thats what makes this board so great!

JDF

"We've never quit, and we won't."
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:40 am

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:01 am

Careful about getting too carried away with this guys.

The "immature" comment could well be referring to, rather than the content of the posts, the nature of a lot of posts whihc have nothing to do with Collingwood, ie. the bored board, and I know a lot of you HATE them. Perhaps Rohan and Murray aren't saying that young people are immature in their opinions, but saying that the other things posted, non-collingwood material, is not to their liking, and I know a lot of you don't like it either!

"more though out topics" could easily be taking a crack at the non-football related content on this board.

"less personal attacks" is a throw away line.

While I don't want to go into bat for Murray or Rohan on thier view on the original topic, I think Murray has said he wont complain anymore til it resurfaces, and so taking shots at his hypocricy is just going to stir things more.

Like I said I don't agree with Murray on the original topic but don't make this a witch hunt. Let it die.

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Rohan 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:45 am

This is my point to a tee..
http://www.magpies.net/nick/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005960.html

The poster formerly known as Rohan Coventry Tateson

Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:09 pm

If I had the time, I'd trawl through the database and find some crap that you said Rohan, then use it (supposedly cleverly) against you. It would not be too hard I'm sure, and you can do the same to me, though I would have to go a looooooong way back for yours!

This forum/site is for ALL Pies fans. If you don't like a topic/subject/poster don't read it!

Simple really.

-Craig

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:17 pm

I'm sorry if I'm slow Rohan, but I don't understand. There are messageboards that, in your opinion, are better than this one, yet you not only read this board, but whinge about its users. Why?

Not only that, but you had to ask the moderators to lift your ban so that you could do it. Am I missing something here?

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:03 pm

Mike...I'm with you.
Rohan...I would have thought that someone who appears to place so much importance on "family" might be prepared to at least tolerate a legitimate question from one of us within a Collingwood forum. OK, so it's not about what a terrible job Judkins has done since he joined us but it is a Pie lover asking for assistance from other Pie lovers. That's what we're about..
I enjoyed your absence from this forum.
I have not enjoyed your utterances since your return.

Edited By Joel: Please no personal comments. Thanks!

GO PIES

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 12 November 2002).]
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:26 am

Whoa Ben.
I have NEVER mentioned anything in my posts about young people and imaturity. I have NO problem with anyone putting ANY post on these boards regardless of what the content is.
Rohan may have but NOT me.
My SOLE point is censorship/policy and nothing more than that.
Could you please acknowledge that point.
And if you care to read the thread you will see I did not start this thread.
Hypocricy Ben? Please explain that one to me? and please give an example of where I have been hypocritical. You know very well what my concerns are and have acknowledged them to me in private, I belive that may be a good example of your Hypocricy (ie scared to say in public what you freely acknowledge in private).
Murray

DARE TO STRUGGLE - DARE TO WIN

[This message has been edited by Murray (edited 12 November 2002).]

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:09 am

whoa let's all back up a bit Murray

I s'pose my other post made the mistake of grouping your posts and rohans post of the time, when writing about immaturity I was referring to Rohans post - as he says "has become a less mature and more of a “kiddies” forum" I'm sure you will agree he was referring to a level of immaturity. But I 'aknowledge' you weren't.

As for hipocracy, the others posing about your eureka flag and "I hate John howard" were, in my view, implying that you were being hipocritic. Perhaps hipocritic is not totally correct, but I think it is probably the nicer of the options.

I was simply saying that we should not allow ourselves to be dragged onto these side issues, rather stay focused on the original, and much debated, topic.

call me scared about saying what I believe and you're rocking a sinking ship Murray, which is never a good idea. I am quite open to saying that your views are valid, just not reasonable!

By misrepresenting me you have not fooled anyone. I hope and believe it was not deliberate, simply an error of remembrance.

What I discussed with you was simply that I, again, aknowledge that you have a point, it would be wonderful to have a set of rules like the constitution which encompass every possible situation. I also said, however, as I have said many many times, this is not practical.

"It would be great if we could have a set of rules that this site runs by which covers every situation. This is absoultely not practical."

I hate to bring the bigfooty style debate into it, but that is from my first post. Fairly common theme I believe. I am sorry if you have a different recollection of our discussion. I would find it difficult to swollow if you thought I gave you the impression a set of rules to govern this board was practical. It is not.

The intention of my post was to discourage people posting non-relevant things about you and rohan, as this would only cloud the discussion about censorship.

Unfortunately it has done quite the opposite. Whoops.

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: