Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ban The Racists

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

5150 wrote:
Black_White wrote:
Reposting my post on LSD;

Quote:
Hmmmmm.....just saw some vision of Franklin running the boundary then looking back, then shaking his head.
My worry is; as he ran the boundary there is a big guy in a black and white top.
Now the top does not look like merchandise, but it is black and white.
Let us hope not.

By that logic, every who shops at David Jones is a Collingwood supporter!

and therefore every David Jones Shopper a racist...Q.E.D.

Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:32 pm

The guy singled out is wearing a navy sleeved and white polo, that the eagles have as merchandise.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:36 pm

Cakewalk wrote:
The guy singled out is wearing a navy sleeved and white polo, that the eagles have as merchandise.
Rats, there goes tonight's paranoid fantasy Shocked
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:40 pm

Not nice words. But not all that much worse than the non-racial slurs you hear every week at the footy. Seriously, is there really such an order of magnitude difference between yelling out C and Black C? Are we even so certain that this was an intentional racist epithet and not more of an identifying marker?

Also, uttering a racial slur does not necessarily make a bloke a racist.

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:50 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Black_White wrote:
Reposting my post on LSD;

Quote:
Hmmmmm.....just saw some vision of Franklin running the boundary then looking back, then shaking his head.
My worry is; as he ran the boundary there is a big guy in a black and white top.
Now the top does not look like merchandise, but it is black and white.
Let us hope not.

Alan McAllister? Shocked Wink Laughing

Shocked say it aint so!

And as for banning people from attending AFL matches goes ...

one incident and supporters get banned for how long, 1 week, 1 year, forever? Same with players, officials??

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:16 am

Cakewalk wrote:

I never slowed it down to have a good look. Hawthorn also use Navy Blue in a lot of their merch.
GlovemanGayfer Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:10 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Not nice words. But not all that much worse than the non-racial slurs you hear every week at the footy. Seriously, is there really such an order of magnitude difference between yelling out C and Black C? Are we even so certain that this was an intentional racist epithet and not more of an identifying marker?

I think if you define the word slur and racist then making a racist slur does indeed make you a racist.

Never forget the courage of Nicky winmar and others who stood up and said how much this stuff hurts. It may not seem much to a white man sat amongst 50,000 white people but that's why racism is so powerful.

The point is well made however from several posters that the level of violent and antisocial behavior at the footy does seem on the rise in general. We need to be careful to separate the two however as attitudes like that shown on the weekend have a way of cyclical renewal, much like cancer.
sq3 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:15 am

AN_Inkling wrote:

Totally agree mate - I played a lot of football and if you not a Euro or colored - then they would say things about your mother, sister, girlfriend etc.,

An NRL test was played a couple of years ago and Sailor was called the same thing as Buddy - by one of the GB players - did he complain or whinge about it ????

No he sat the offender on his arse in the next tackle and asked him - How did that feel from a Black C**** ?

Asked after the game he said - what happens on the field stays on the field.

I know this was from a spectator and not a player - but talk about blown out of proportion.

sq3 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:46 am

No mate - Wendell did not care to make it all public - basically what happened on the field stayed on the field.

He handled it his way - and he has been called a lot worse by spectators and players - but he doesn't let it worry him at all - in fact it fuelled him and could be part of the reason he was such a great player.

sq3 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:26 am

OK - please pardon my 'old school thoughts' - but why is that a black person can say 'I am proud to be Black ' but it is called racism when a non Black person refers to them as Black ?
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:42 am

AN_Inkling wrote:

Good post. Does simply pointing out somebody's skin colour in a perjorative tone constitute a racial slur? Or is there more to it than this?

If one called someone, say, a 'f---ing Asian', is that the same? What about 'Asian' alone said in a nasty tone of voice?

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:50 pm

David wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Good post. Does simply pointing out somebody's skin colour in a perjorative tone constitute a racial slur? Or is there more to it than this?

If one called someone, say, a 'f---ing Asian', is that the same? What about 'Asian' alone said in a nasty tone of voice?

Buddy was not called just a C
He was called a BLACK C
There is the racism..Thats it...You got it....BUT as well as being called a C his skin colour and or his indigenous background was also associated by using the word BLACK thats the racist slur and by this unintelligent piece of shit throwing in the C word can only conclude he's a racist of the dirtiest meaning..and should be prosecuted and banned from all future football games.
One can only imagine what type of person would shout out such an obscenity to a fellow human being!!

sq3 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:48 pm

Joffa - I am still confused - they will say 'I am proud to be Black' but when a non Black person calls them Black - that is racism.

So they can refer to their own color and people of their color can refer to them as Black - but if any non Black person calls them Black it is racism ???

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:48 pm

We need to be very careful here ... we have our own ghosts hovering over us ...

don't we have an exPrez who fed the ugliest of fires by racially offending on our behalf? Ban him for life too? Hardly, so let's calm down a bit hey.

sq3 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Deadly serious mate.

I spent over 12 months in New Orleans (70% black population) and a lot of my friends in the USA are black - and they all refer to themselves as Black and so do I.

I trained at World Gym there and you would refer to someone else there as that White Dude, The Asian Dude, The Black Dude - even the Hispanic Dude - not even a hint of racism - and no one at all was offended.

They will refer to me in public as their 'White Buddy' and I refer to them as my 'Black Mates'.

No racism anywhere at all - not even a hint.

The only bad word there is the N word and they use it for less than desirable Black people - and that is what the N word is meant to describe.

Black people will get offended if you do call them the N word as you are referring to them as a less than desirable Black person.

One of my best mates in MI is white and has a black wife and she even refers to herself as his Black Wife.

Had to laugh at a St Mary's (lots of aussie players) basketball game this year - there was a time out and one of the guys yelled out Technical Foul - and one of the refs said - Why ? - he said Too many white guys on the court.

No racism at all - everyone laughed like hell.

Why should it be seen as so different over here ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: