Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies bounce Blues - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

a dour, GOOD SOLID WIN , nothing fancy, just a battle of wills, taking care of business. Real gutsy effort, armwrestle, and we held the bastards with far from not our best side. Bad kicking for goal, Dawes and Heater really missed, but Ball and Davis and Daisy were fantastic. This was hard and guts win we had to have. Now we move on after 24 hours of crap, put it all behind us,and away we go. Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Angry Anvil wrote:
With the events of yesterday, any win today was going to be a good one.

No doubt the Blues and the media will harp on the fact that they ran us to 3 goals while being undermanned (conveniently ignoring our outs), but 4 points against the Scum is 4 points well earned, especially under the circumstances.

Top job fellas, we wasted it a lot, but got the ones we had to get. That's what very good teams do.

Bring on the rampaging Suns!
I haven't seen it. What did you like about top gun ?
Holbrook Bloke Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:37 pm

A win is a win, especially against the blues. It was never going to be a blow out, because Carlton hate losing to us. Maxy was very ordinary but he wasn't alone. I thought initially it was nerves but both sides made many basic errors. Their 5 posters was some recompense for several confounding umpiring decisions. Absolutely loved Leon's work and Sidey's goal was a pearler. Pendles was again sublime until the bump from Warnock took him to the rooms; hopefully it's nothing too serious. Now for GC who made Richmond look second rate today.

Camelia Grove Hotel - The best AFL pub in Sydney all season, not just the finals.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Got the job done. good effort.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Cam wrote:
Win is a win. We actually made Carlscum look better than they are. They are crap. So many pretenders like Murphy and Gibbs.. and would love to know Judd's disposal efficiency because he didn't hit too many targets from where I was sitting.

54% according to the Herald-Sun.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:47 pm

Donny wrote:
BT talking to Leon: "Leon, 75 times! 75 times in succession you've kicked out for 100% result. Not one turnover!"

Leon: "Yeah. Good team mates. 75 times they've been in the right spot" Smile

Thanks for posting that Donny. I can't think of a better way of summing up Leon's worth to us this year, but especially during this game. Compare his efforts to those of that spud Watson who gifted us three goals with his kickouts. Laughing

Poor standard game all day I thought!

We might complain about our goal kicking (and rightfully so), but a lot of our field kicking was very poor as well. If you wanted an example of why total possessions are the most useless measure of a player's impact on the game, have a look at Dane Swan's. Has he ever played a more ugly game of footy than that in the black and white? The number of times he turned it over and had no impact going forward. Pendlebury on the other hand was kicking at something well over 80% and his two goals were gems. Right now Swan has turned into a hack. Shocked

Other than Ball (all game) and Pendlebury (until he got the bump from the Warlock - the ugliest looking footballer in the comp along with Mitch Robinson, butt ugly with heads only a blind mother could love), I thought our midfield was well beaten. Jolly can play much better.

The forward line was a mess all day. Thank God for Travis Cloke (I say that now every week). The Krak is really struggling and might make way for Didak. Keefe is not a forward - never will be. He is tall, but has no bulk at all. Get well quick Chris Dawes. I'd rather see Keefe on the backline where it is easier to read the play and negate your opponent. Keefe has the turning circle of the Titanic. But that wasn't his fault. The coaches should have moved Tarrant up forward and Keefe back. At least with Leon moving up there things looked much sharper.

Leon Davis I love you! I'm sorry I ever doubted you. I say that now every week too. Laughing

So many players down. BJ started well but ran out of puff (as expected). He'll be fine come finals time. Dale Thomas had a weird game. Started well, faded right out, but finished strongly. Maxwell struggled (understandably). I thought that was Ben Reid's worst game of the year. He still did well, but by the high standards he's set this season, he was down. Harry O probably played his best game of the year. Toovey was down.

Brilliant goal from Sidebottom, but he still doesn't do enough. You could almost say the same for Wellers. Blair battles hard, but too often his little body finds him out. I thought Rounds did alright. He's learning, he's tough, and he'll be a fine player for us in years to come. Alex Fasolo should have come on for Keefe in the third quarter. When he did he was all class.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Mick Malthouse stop playing favourites. Tell me why a hungry Caff would not have been better value than JMac? Other than that goal, what did JMac do? Actually, even if Caff is underdone, why the hell didn't Simon Buckley play? JMac has been tried too often and underwhelmed always. Sorry, but JA comes to mind.

Let me repeat. Thank God for giving us Luke Ball.

Finally, let me save my biggest serve for the maggots (I can say that because we won despite them). You cheating blind scum-loving whistle-blowers. I have never seen such an incredibly biased demonstration of umpiring, especially in the first quarter. Adrian Anderson should look closer to home and investigate umpires and betting! Maggots! Twisted Evil

Chris Judd 3 votes! Twisted Evil
Hm Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:47 pm

Cam wrote:
Win is a win. We actually made Carlscum look better than they are. They are crap. So many pretenders like Murphy and Gibbs.. and would love to know Judd's disposal efficiency because he didn't hit too many targets from where I was sitting.

42% efficiency per MMM

Last edited by Hm on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
EBB 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Pendles 2 goals were absolutely skill plus
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:52 pm

So how many of u lost money
On the scum.
Be honest.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:55 pm

A 40 point win disguised as a three goal win. Go Pies...
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Cam wrote:

Yeah I read 57%
great pick up Cam
his stats are impressive when you talk pos, clearances, cont pos etc however last year again his eff was shite.
Against us with 3 brownlow votes he turned it over from memory 9 times.
He is a champ but id rather have pendles stats . 26d, 13cp,7t, 5clear @ 85% eff. And that was a quiet game for him

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:00 pm

We had to overcome Malthouse and his comments on Thursday night, then Shaw and Maxwell were in the spotlight Friday, then we had to overcome the cheating wannabe's on Saturday.

Mentally, that would drain anyone let alone a club. But not the Mighty Collingwood Magpies. Say what you want, write what you like as it only serves to make us stronger MENTALLY and that's what I liked about our win today.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:03 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Cam wrote:

Yeah I read 57%great pick up Cam
his stats are impressive when you talk pos, clearances, cont pos etc however last year again his eff was shite.
Against us with 3 brownlow votes he turned it over from memory 9 times.
He is a champ but id rather have pendles stats . 26d, 13cp,7t, 5clear @ 85% eff. And that was a quiet game for him

Yes - interesting that. The figures have changed since the game ended. Perhaps that has something to do with Juddy having 35 possessions, with 23 contested and 14 uncontested Shocked . Someone at the Herald Sun needs to let their computer have a week off to recover, I think.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:04 pm

On 3aw they said Judd was best on ground was he that good
swooper 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:05 pm

Good, tough challenging game.

From what I heard from MM's presser - he sounded chuffed by the boys 'mental stamina'. Go Pies

Last edited by swooper on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: