Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Suns - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Monco Matt wrote:
The 1st half was excellent, we did what we all wanted us to do which was belt the living crap out of them by 10 goals or so. The problem that most of us had (including myself) was that we didn't replicate that effort or result in the 2nd half which was dissappointing as I think most of us were getting ready to enjoy a 4 qtr smashing and it just didn't happen.

I completely understand that there is no point in busting a gut against GCS if you take the long-term premiership winning mindset into consideration. But...I say, just for once this season can't we just take an inferior side and give the fans a 4 qtr absolute destruction. I know we belted the Kangas by 117 points, but we could have won this game by 180 if we went flat stick. I hope we go flat stick in finals.......I wonder if we will or are we showing our best already this year? Is there more to show? Are we holding back?

Anyway, 9 goals is ok, move on I suppose. Still, been looking forward to this all season and I wanted more.

A 9 goal win is fine. The main concern as far as I'm concerned is all those that should have been busting a gut to try to cement a place in the team failed to do so. Our depth isn't what some of us perceive it to be. We need our regulars back asap.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:30 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
I'm beginning to think Swan still has a leg problem. His scrappy kicking is much worse than its ever been.

Agree completely. He is just plodding around, not half the impact player he was last year. I am concerned with him, his 2nd half tonight was nothing.

MONCO: Your life.
Holbrook Bloke Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Totally agree LeighBrownBrigade - "Two great clubs." What the F...? But all night the commentators were barracking for GC. It's as if they had 50 points start and it was neck and neck the whole way. Each goal was greeted with comments like "They're closing..." In a way, we were on a hiding to nothing. Everyone (including me) thought 80-100pts was about the right result.

Like every other side, GC set themselves to beat the Pies and to their credit, they took us on. Ablett was simply amazing at times and used the ball far better than Judd did last week. Leroy played as well as I've seen is ages; Keefe is getting more confident and Leon continued on his merry way.

Anyway, another old foe in the Dons will bring out our best next week.

Camelia Grove Hotel - The best AFL pub in Sydney all season, not just the finals.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Swan definately not right.more strapping on lower leg??

first half okay, 2nd mick was trying new things, Swan full back?? Harry roaming, anthony in the back line. and why ont? what was there to gain, we already have the percentage.

in saying that, Krak is too soft, pulls out of a contest, (but hes pretty small so...) Goldy just is not back anywhere near full strength, give him a run in the 2s. i thought for a first go back Caff not too bad, they seem to be aimimg to get the ball to him for practice.

great contested marks by Cloke, too many frees he shoulda got but didnt.

Sidey back to his cheeky best, love it!

Blair was a bit down.

Keefe is gunna be big, same for fesola.

lot to be dissappointed in tonight, but also a lot of plusses - Luke Ball was pure Collingwood tonight, stood up for everything. he always does but tonight he did even more...

and where would we be without Leon?? funny how things change.

for me the worst part of tonight was the stadium - it was bloody freezing! the seats didnt heat up all game, they were like sitting on ice packs!!

and the parking traffic situation!! OMG 10 times worse than the MCG carpark on a wet windy night when you have lost to the blues!! AAHHHHH!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:38 pm

It's so long since that happened, I am surprised you can remember it! Laughing
Dave The Man Scorpio

Loved Sidebottom Game he seems to be Back to Form.

Fasolo need to get more of the Ball

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

Redlight wrote:
Didak
Beams
Dawes
Jolly
Wellingham
Toovey
Shaw

Thomas off with what appeared to be a corky for a good part of the match.

What do you guys want? If you took that quality out of any other side they'd get beaten by the mob we played tonight.

9 goal win was a great effort.

I've just got home from my sisters birthday and had only seen the quarter time score till now.

I must say when I first saw the scoreboard I was a little disappointed by the margin but when you stop and think of the quality we have out it's an acceptable result.

Hope for better next week against a hated foe.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:43 pm

Mick took it easy on Bluey, Obey, Josh, Isley and Stanners. Purely a mercy rule job tonight.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
I'm beginning to think Swan still has a leg problem. His scrappy kicking is much worse than its ever been.

Agree completely. He is just plodding around, not half the impact player he was last year. I am concerned with him, his 2nd half tonight was nothing.

A worrying observation.

His kicking last week around his body totally lacked any power and he barely scrubbed the ball 10 metres.

Rest him.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Most people seem disappointed. But the reaction in the rooms with the players and coaches seems like they were all very happy. I know our pressure dropped off after half time and perhaps we conserved some energy by not implementing our press and high pressure game which smashed GC in the first half.
obleex 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Strange to see people criticising Swan. 31 possessions and one of the best on ground when the game was there to be won I thought.
Monco Matt Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm going to throw a big call out there. Do you think it may be possible that a part of the deal done to ensure Heater got 8 weeks instead of 14 was Eddie promising Demetriou and Anderson that we would not obliterate their LOVE CHILD on prime time television on their home ground?

Just a thought.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:50 pm

woftam wrote:

Forget about the opposition. We need to be kicking into gear before finals. It's not April anymore. Complacency is contagious & we were complacent tonight. Injuries are really hurting us as well. We need Dawes, Tooves, Dids & Beams back asap.

Spot on. Quote of the night.

That was without doubt our worst second half effort in two years. Pathetic. Insipid. Error riddled. Have we forgotten that good football is kicking not handballing? Mind you our field kicking and missing targets has now reached the level of embarrassment. And by the way, why have our players started joining the "throwing revolution"?

Have we forgotten how to kick straight for goal again? Blair missed two sitters in a minute!!!

We obviously miss Heater and Toovey because the backline is pathetic without them. Totally unaccountable tonight. Totally!

Nick Maxwell is only in the side because he is captain. That can be the only reason because his form is terrible.

God help us if Jolly is unavailable for the finals. When Fraser beats Wood so easily we are in deep trouble.

In that last quarter we let the Suns players run around at will. Who was running with Ablett? Anyone? If we give up that much space to better sides we are heading for a fall (oops, that's hubris isn't it?).

Well done to Keefe, although he got in the way of Cloke a few times. Not so well done for The Krak. Either this bloke gets fit and kicks goals soon or we find someone else for the finals!

Arghh. And then having to put up with the FOX coverage which is an absolute disgrace by any measure. Commentators are flogs. Pictures are terrible. Don't they know that this is the age of HD Digital TV?

All round I had a shiteful night, especially after half time.

Here's something scary. Yes, we have a lot of players out, and we might have two more after tonight, but we better kick into gear soon or St Buggery will take us to the cleaners in Round 21 to secure a place in the finals.

For a team so dominant on top of the ladder, they sure know how to frustrate us week in week out. Rolling Eyes
Monco Matt Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:51 pm

obleex wrote:
Strange to see people criticising Swan. 31 possessions and one of the best on ground when the game was there to be won I thought.

It's the way he is moving across the ground, not very well. Where is the explosion off the mark, the gut-busting sprinting from one end to the other, the Swan joe-the-goose goals from the square when he is on fire. All these things are signs of Swanny killing it and they are non-existant.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
"Ben Johnson left the game late in the quarter clutching his shoulder and did not return": http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/119267/default.aspx

Does anyone know anything about this?

It didn't look good. My initial reaction was a shoulder. If so, it's sad to say, but career over.

I hope to God not, but let's face it we've started to run out of luck on the injury front of late.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: