Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Toovey back to WA?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Festivus Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Crowley for Toovey if we had too

I agree on Kris Pendlebury, very good footballer who deserves a chance at least on our rookie list

We got to give Sunberg a spot too

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:29 am

Crowly is a good lock-down type and has turned into a goal kicker.

We do lack a genuine run-with player (Ling took Swan out of the GF, Lewis at Hawks has the ability, too). Not since Licuria and Brodie Holland have we had a decent lock-down option.

Millane42 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Can someone remind Tooves he was a god-damn rookie, and lucky to even be on our list to start off with. He could have gone the way of Stanley and Iles. Became a solid contributor and won a premiership. Pull your head in son!

Stay and play in premierships and sack your manager. Go and good riddance. The Sack and Marty will get more game time.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Pisses me off how players & or their managers hold this Club to ransom.

If you don't wanna play for the B&W week in week out, then piss off --- I'm sure there are others who'd kill to be in your shoes.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:53 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Pisses me off how players & or their managers hold this Club to ransom.

If you don't wanna play for the B&W week in week out, then piss off --- I'm sure there are others who'd kill to be in your shoes.

Hmmm....Footy is a business and no diffferent to anyone else in any other job wanting to get the best deal for themself....if he wants to go and can get a better deal elsewhere, so be it....one door closes another door will open for someone else, just hope we get something for him, unlike st.kilda with Ball

Do a deal and move him on

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:42 pm

His manager isn't even accredited, is he? He is monstering Toovs' reputation and phucking with our club. He is a jerk. Toovs is being misled here, I really wouldn't think he'd have much to do with orchestrating this shit.
Big T 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Agree its a business. Tooves is a young guy like most footballers with very little life experience. Lets not bash him up, he is just a part of the system.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:26 pm

Yeah, but most 'industries' don't have a loyal fan base dedicated to paying to watch you perform your job, treat you like a hero, etc.

Can we stop comparing professional sports to regular jobs ... money wise, yes, make what you can, but there's more to the 'job' than money. Heck, not all professional employees jump ship for more money. If you like your surrounds, your environment, the people you work for, etc. you generally stay put.

MAYBE Toovey sees the writing on the wall and Buckley's takeover means he won;t put up with bad disposal and decision making in the 2012 team.

We know most coaches like to mould the team into a version of themselves.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
We do lack a genuine run-with player (Ling took Swan out of the GF, Lewis at Hawks has the ability, too). Not since Licuria and Brodie Holland have we had a decent lock-down option.

We DID lack one but we have Marty Clarke who plays that run-with role to perfection.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Yeah, but most 'industries' don't have a loyal fan base dedicated to paying to watch you perform your job, treat you like a hero, etc.

Can we stop comparing professional sports to regular jobs ... money wise, yes, make what you can, but there's more to the 'job' than money. Heck, not all professional employees jump ship for more money. If you like your surrounds, your environment, the people you work for, etc. you generally stay put.

MAYBE Toovey sees the writing on the wall and Buckley's takeover means he won;t put up with bad disposal and decision making in the 2012 team.

We know most coaches like to mould the team into a version of themselves.

If mighty Buck's does that, he will make many magpie fans deliriously happy. Twisted Evil Razz They will be extremely difficult to beat.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Lazza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

We DID lack one but we have Marty Clarke who plays that run-with role to perfection.

It's just a pity that he's about 4 foot shorter than Toovey.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Well, Toov's isn't a midfield tagger either. I like him in defense, but wouldn't want to play him through the middle too much, he doesn't have the skills.

Our best midfield run-with player at the moment is Wellingham. And on whether we want a purely defensive run-with player: I don't. I think it's always better to have a quality midfielder than a hard at it goer who can't do anything with the ball but might be sometimes be able to nullify an opposition player.

I like Toovey, he's one of the best body on body defenders, for his size, in the comp, and I hope we can keep him. But, he gives little offensively, and we definitely have cover for him. Ben Reid could do better at Toovey's role as he has an offensive game as well as defensive (and we have N.Brown and Tarrant to take the talls - both better tall stoppers than Reid); Goldsack's another good option, though his defensive work is a ways down from Toove's and Reid's, needs to improve his body work and add some muscle.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:01 pm

Millane42 wrote:
Can someone remind Tooves he was a god-damn rookie, and lucky to even be on our list to start off with. He could have gone the way of Stanley and Iles. Became a solid contributor and won a premiership. Pull your head in son!

Stay and play in premierships and sack your manager. Go and good riddance. The Sack and Marty will get more game time.

Can someone remind Millane42 that Toovey worked damn hard to earn his spot on the rookie list, persevered through several injuries and became a regular fixture in the side when 95% of Collingwood fans were calling for him to be delisted?

Yeah. Really needs to be put in his place, that kid.

nulla 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:51 pm

He is NOT going anywhere! @toova agrees to a new two-year contract at the Pies - http://magpi.es/tooveyapie #gopies
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Fantastic news Very Happy

Hopefully people can look past the last week and realise he obviously wasn't being pig headed with his contract negotiations and neither were Collingwood, it just takes time to work these things out.

Mind you his "agent" really went out of his way to ruin his clients reputation which is really unfair for Alan as I feel he's been unfairly tarnished with this guys aggressive negotiating style.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: