Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

some one called the fev

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

OEP wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
He's not called the Human Headline for nothing. So if you guys are seriously warming to the idea of the club getting Fevola, I hope you also accept that he will bring his own media circus to town.

Every tabloid hack you claim to despise will be watching his every move, waiting for the slightest slip. No, it doesn't say anything for said hacks - but that's the reality that awaits any club foolish enough to pick him up. Does Collingwood need that distraction in Buckley's first year as coach? I don't think so.

Those who naively say he's cleaned up his act now are not only making a dangerous assumption, they're ignoring Fevola's atrocious personal history. The man has had more relapses than Charlie Sheen. He has a long history of poor training habits, poor recovery and rehabilitation patterns, and especially for being a malign influence on younger players. And that's the stuff that doesn't make the papers.

They're also not asking themselves the obvious football-related questions. The fact is we don't need him. We have two very capable key forwards. Bring in Fevola and most likely you stunt Dawes, asking him to play, perhaps, Leigh Brown's role - one he's not really equipped for and which exposes him to further injury. Collingwood's problems in attack are on the flanks - we need to retain Macaffer far more than we need to "get Fev".

If Collingwood was to get Fev, franki, I'd dispute your assertion that we're a strong club led by strong people. It would be a terrible call. Fev is both destructive and disruptive. Saying "one stuff-up and he's gone" sounds to me like a tacit acceptance of the inevitable. Which it is.

Great post.

+1

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:22 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Well, Ed's always been keen. Who knows?

Wouldn't that be a bit like Ted Parker bursting into the coach's box and saying "why have you taken Hayward off the ground?"

He might be the president but he's not the football manager and god help us if he ever encroaches into that department.

On the March 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Perhaps nobody called Fev today Exclamation
nulla 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:59 am

If he goes anywhere I believe it will be the doggies
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:31 am

Some bloke at midnight last night rang in to SEN, can't remember his name. He was known by Peakey and Thomo though, he said "I told you blokes six months before it happened that Ball was coming to Collinigwood and I was right and I'm telling you now Fev is a certainty, lock it in" then he hung up.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:06 am

If the guy said "Lock it in" it must have been Ed.

As a long time Magpie fan, I dont want to so the club descend into the depths again by getting this Sideshow Bob character.

The guy is an elite talent but questions remain about some of his behavioural traits.

If fit (in every meaning of the word) he would be an outstanding get.

If not, keep Jack Perham, Sahe mac or Declan Reilly around the joint.

nulla 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:45 am

I would not mind Fev at the club... he comes el cheapo and could relieve Dawes for the Leroy Brown role and after listening to him for a time on radio the last couple of months I think he deserves another go

I think though he will either be a saint or a doggie if any at all.

He mentioned on Twitter that he is looking forward to kicking goals at the G again... somehow that could rule out the Aints and even the Doggies given the amount of games at the G they play... so the Pies could be a go.

Quote:
BrendanFevola25 Brendan Fevola
Thanks to everyone for there kind comments today hopefully it all works out and I'm back kicking goals on the G next year

sq3 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:51 am

I have a feeling that he will be a Pie if the price is right.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:01 am

that rules out essendon and carlton too
nulla 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:16 am

Reported on Twitter to be having breakfast in Errol Street North Melbourne this morning
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:57 am

Would be a dreadful move on the part of the Pies if they picked up this idiot. His addition to our forward line would do nothing but limit and eventually stunt the football growth of a potentially great FF in Dawes. It may also have an adverse affect on Cloke if the Human Turd reverts back to old habits of spiting the dummy when the fall of the ball doesn't go his way, negativity spreads a hell of a lot quicker than positiveness, and is hard to reverse.

I see any potential Dawes / Human Turd situation similar to that of the Kennedy / Human Turd one in that Kennedy was never really given a chance to shine or develop properly while it was around, then he's traded to West Coast and surprise surprise has developed into an elite FF. The skills were always there but never given the chance to develop properly with him around and I fear the same will happen to Dawes.

I hope the Pies don't make the colossus mistake of picking this moron, we don't need him.

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:04 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
OEP wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
He's not called the Human Headline for nothing. So if you guys are seriously warming to the idea of the club getting Fevola, I hope you also accept that he will bring his own media circus to town.

Every tabloid hack you claim to despise will be watching his every move, waiting for the slightest slip. No, it doesn't say anything for said hacks - but that's the reality that awaits any club foolish enough to pick him up. Does Collingwood need that distraction in Buckley's first year as coach? I don't think so.

Those who naively say he's cleaned up his act now are not only making a dangerous assumption, they're ignoring Fevola's atrocious personal history. The man has had more relapses than Charlie Sheen. He has a long history of poor training habits, poor recovery and rehabilitation patterns, and especially for being a malign influence on younger players. And that's the stuff that doesn't make the papers.

They're also not asking themselves the obvious football-related questions. The fact is we don't need him. We have two very capable key forwards. Bring in Fevola and most likely you stunt Dawes, asking him to play, perhaps, Leigh Brown's role - one he's not really equipped for and which exposes him to further injury. Collingwood's problems in attack are on the flanks - we need to retain Macaffer far more than we need to "get Fev".

If Collingwood was to get Fev, franki, I'd dispute your assertion that we're a strong club led by strong people. It would be a terrible call. Fev is both destructive and disruptive. Saying "one stuff-up and he's gone" sounds to me like a tacit acceptance of the inevitable. Which it is.

Great post.

+1

It's a fair comment overall, PP, everyone entitled to their opinions but I totally disagree about Dawes. He's young, mobile, very good below his knees and has proven to be handy in a few ruck duels too. He potentially could play a similar role to Leroy, I have no doubt about it. Exposes him further to injury? And how is he "not equipped" for it?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Whether we get Fev or not, Dawes taking on the Leigh Brown role is exactly what we need. My question on him is whether he's physical enough for it. I hope he is, because the alternative is to play Wood or Jolly up forward, and that is a horror show waiting to happen.

If Dawes takes on Leroy's role, then we have the same number of talls as 2010 (N.Brown coming in for L.Brown), except we have 3 down back and 2 up forward. The great thing is we also have Macaffer (well, we better have!) who at 187cm and with his excellent marking ability is almost another tall, and we have Tarrant who can swing forward and back now that N.Brown is back, with Caff having the ability to play back or mid. With Dawes playing the Leroy role, we have a great deal of flexibility. Bring Wood in instead of a running player like Beams/Krakouer/Sidebottom/Clarke and we lose run, lose flexibility and have a lesser player (in that role) on the field. There's no doubt we are a better team if Dawes can take on some rucking. I just hope we try it and that he's up to it.

The other options (as the Wood or Jolly forward option, to me, are terrible) are to bring in one of our young rucks or to trade for a good second ruck (Z.Clarke for instance). In this case, we may have one tall too many, but it would be ok if that tall is mobile enough and plays as the third forward instead of Caff.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:19 pm

I am going to throw it out there, I trust the judgment of the club, if they get him they must see a use for him. If they don't, clearly they saw he had no use at the club.

Fevola is a decent player, it's a shame that a lot of his good qualities have been forgotten because of the shit he's done.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:40 pm

The Prototype wrote:
I am going to throw it out there, I trust the judgment of the club, if they get him they must see a use for him. If they don't, clearly they saw he had no use at the club.

Fevola is a decent player, it's a shame that a lot of his good qualities have been forgotten because of the shit he's done.

I mainly remember him tearing us apart over and over and over again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: