Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Next Collingwood captain

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should be the next captain?
Ball
19%
 19%  [ 18 ]
Beams
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Pendlebury
76%
 76%  [ 70 ]
Sidebottom
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Thomas (Daisy)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Other - name them
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 92

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Ball would make a great captain, but he's too old. It wouldn't make sense to give it to him now.

pretty much my opinion. anyways i think his leadership on the field doesn't need a captaincy to be recognized. he is as some say , the 'spiritual captain'
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:22 am

Didaksgoal wrote:
Pendles is the next skipper. Maxy may get the nod for another year, then it's Pendles. As for Bally, another good choice for skipper. It's out of Pendles or Bally, then it's daylight, cricket's chirping, white noise, then ...............................................................................?

Maxy has been a very good skipper, and if injury free, will have a very good year.

Go the Pies

After Pendles and Ball, I reckon Beamsy is developing into quite the leader for a 21/22 yo.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 am

No need for change right now.... wouldn't be that bothered if it did go to Ball, but I can't see that happening and really, with Pendles around there is absolutely no need for a short term captain. Reckon we'll see Maxy back in the saddle this year with a change at the helm in 2014.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:40 am

Jezza wrote:
I still believe Maxwell has a little a bit more to offer as captain this season, but presuming he's not captain this season, my vote goes to either Scott Pendlebury or Luke Ball.

I'd be happy with either of them to take over Nick Maxwell.

Agree.

tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:03 pm

I'd be happy for Maxwell to be Captain until he retires. He's a Tom Harley style captain: a captain because he's a good captain: because he's a leader.

I hope Maxy retires a dual Premiership captain like Harley did.

Pendlebury is the obvious replacement. But let him concentrate on his own footy for now and just be/become the league's best player.
loki04 Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:50 pm

tomoleary wrote:
I'd be happy for Maxwell to be Captain until he retires. He's a Tom Harley style captain: a captain because he's a good captain: because he's a leader.

I hope Maxy retires a dual Premiership captain like Harley did.

Pendlebury is the obvious replacement. But let him concentrate on his own footy for now and just be/become the league's best player.

Some of Pendles best games have been when he has captain the side, the time is right to hand over even more so while he has great support.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:38 pm

loki04 wrote:
Didaksgoal wrote:
Pendles is the next skipper. Maxy may get the nod for another year, then it's Pendles. As for Bally, another good choice for skipper. It's out of Pendles or Bally, then it's daylight, cricket's chirping, white noise, then ...............................................................................?

Maxy has been a very good skipper, and if injury free, will have a very good year.

Go the Pies

After Pendles and Ball, I reckon Beamsy is developing into quite the leader for a 21/22 yo.

Agreed. He's got that distinct whiff of leadership about him, I reckon, not to mention an intense Nathan Buckley drive.

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 pm

pietillidie wrote:
loki04 wrote:
Didaksgoal wrote:

Go the Pies

Agreed. He's got that distinct whiff of leadership about him, I reckon, not to mention an intense Nathan Buckley drive.

Beamer is warming, absolutely, Loki. Beamer's 2012, certainly showed a want and desire for sure, PTID. Beamer is a ripper, no-doubt-about-it.

Go the pies
Tpaxava 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:13 am

Pendles appears to be the next best option by a mile. But as a few others have mentioned, Maxy is currently the best option for captain.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:57 am

jack_spain wrote:
Pendlebury.

If Maxwell loses the player vote his career essentially will be over. He is not in the best 22 on ability.

What a load of horse S**t.Maxwell out in the finals last year killed us. He's in our best 10 pal.
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:32 pm

mudlark wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Pendlebury.

If Maxwell loses the player vote his career essentially will be over. He is not in the best 22 on ability.

What a load of horse S**t.Maxwell out in the finals last year killed us. He's in our best 10 pal.

Agreed. Maybe not best 10, but Maxy stands up when it matters and all of the best games I remember him ever playing were finals. His courage and tenacity is only matched or surpassed on our list by Heath Shaw, Luke Ball and Jarryd Blair. I'm proud he's our captain.
loki04 Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:49 pm

mudlark wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Pendlebury.

Didn't miss him at all in WC final, in fact it was the best our defence looked and had moved the ball all year.

He's not in our best 15.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Maxwell should still be there.He hasnt done anything to relinquish the position so leave him ther
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Pendles the successor.

But to the Spain's of the world lets not forget maxwells had a couple of interrupted years with injury on and off. Fully fit he's easily in our best 22 and miles and miles agead of anyone at the club as a leader. Hopefully he'll show that this year with a full preseason, minimal injury through the year and the captains badge still on.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:33 pm

PeterWH wrote:
Maxwell should still be there.He hasnt done anything to relinquish the position so leave him ther

the question is not about whether maxy should remain as captain but who should take over when his reign ends.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: