Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies thump Tigers - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rad 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fas kicking out was a massive win. Just like Leon used to. Turning defence into attack instead of the turnovers we have conceded since
Leon retired.

Maxi has turned the clock back this season. By making him earn his spot rather than being an automatic selection due to captaincy has been a real winner. He still shows his leadership regardless.

These guys were the unsung heros tonight in my opinion.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:17 pm

A good win; would of loved to put the foot on the throat in the last and get to 100%, but what can u do?
Fas is a touch of class out there; will make mistakes to begin with but looks like he belongs.

Langdon was due for a down game I suppose.

Caff, mellow gold.

And Jesse White, great stuff. When we get Reid into that forward line; heeeeyyyyy!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Opposition teams should be very nervous at the quality of the kids that are coming in to our side.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:19 pm

In regards to Maxwell, it may well of been a case of 'heavy lies the head that wears the crown' syndrome; he looks a lot better this year just playing the ball

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:26 pm

Thought it was a really great victory tonight. I think the combination of Grundy and Witts has enormous potential and we have to keep developing it. Both of these guys did really well tonite. Sensational game by Dayne Beames and Dayne Swan is now on on the upsurge. I thought that Fas did really well. Maxwell and O'Brian were brilliant in defence. Jessie White is starting to make his presence felt. Our intensity and pressure really pleasing. I am really impressed by our depth...so many key players out, but those who replaced them showed that their ability and intensity was up to the mark.
I think Travis Clioke is really the key. He doesn't necessarily need to take the massive contested marks. If he can just get to the ball more than he did tonite, and exercise his massive and inspirational tackling pressure, I really think that we are a threat even to the very best.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Take that, another step forward.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:32 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
A fine win, and a good opportunity to ease up in the fourth quarter, ready to start well next week. Good contributions from most of the boys, but the most pleasing was White. They can double-team Cloke, but White provides the same kind of target and with Elliott, this forward line represents a big problem for the opposition.

I thought our cleanliness by foot was vastly improved tonight as the early conditions improved, which was also promising. Hard to know how good this team might be when we get Reid (himself a matchwinner at CHF), plus Brown and Sinclair back, and when Freeman, Scharenberg and Broomhead come on as well.

Did you notice Beamsy Mugwump? Can't fit into your top 5?

Yes, he was pretty good too ! After i've watched the replay the top 5 might change !

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
rad wrote:
Fas kicking out was a massive win. Just like Leon used to. Turning defence into attack instead of the turnovers we have conceded since
Leon retired.

Maxi has turned the clock back this season. By making him earn his spot rather than being an automatic selection due to captaincy has been a real winner. He still shows his leadership regardless.

These guys were the unsung heros tonight in my opinion.

In regards to Maxwell, it may well of been a case of 'heavy lies the head that wears the crown' syndrome; he looks a lot better this year just playing the ball

According to Bucks, Maxi carried a lot of niggling injuries through 2013 but he's playing healthy in 2014.
daicos35 Leo

Is é an Phríomhroinn linne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:36 pm

The goals we got from marks taken by a leading forward were my favourite. Another stoic effort across the board. Love the unity of our team this season. You guys had a bit of rain through the week? Looked slippery, lol
courtza 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:39 pm

Really liked Wittsy tonight, reckon he'll be a good player eventually,still needs time but hes definately on his way.

Caffs our Crowley, just not a wanker.

So much upside, we're not playing that well but we're still super competitive.

Go Pies
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:40 pm

The last 2 weeks have me feeling a lot better about things.

Defensive effort is getting better each week. Our mids really stepped up to show why they're as good as any midfield going around.

Frost is the long term defender we needed.

We need to keep improving our forward 50 entries, still a bit of aimless bombing, but if we can get this working, we'll look like a top 8 team at the least, which I wasn't too sure about at the start of the year.

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:45 pm

Lots to like about tonight. Admittedly shit opposition, but we have lots of improvement left.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:47 pm

I AM PLEASED with that victory, six goal win, against a desperate tigers outfit, job well done. Luke ball, magnificent, as was of course, Pendles, witts did well, grundy ok, swan coming good, Elliott is a great kick for goal, and jesse white was just great. a good, gutsy win, puts our season back on track, we have a lot to look forward too, over the next several seasons. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
A fine win, and a good opportunity to ease up in the fourth quarter, ready to start well next week. Good contributions from most of the boys, but the most pleasing was White. They can double-team Cloke, but White provides the same kind of target and with Elliott, this forward line represents a big problem for the opposition.

I thought our cleanliness by foot was vastly improved tonight as the early conditions improved, which was also promising. Hard to know how good this team might be when we get Reid (himself a matchwinner at CHF), plus Brown and Sinclair back, and when Freeman, Scharenberg and Broomhead come on as well.

Did you notice Beamsy Mugwump? Can't fit into your top 5?

Yes, he was pretty good too ! After i've watched the replay the top 5 might change !

Fair enough Very Happy

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Can't emphasis enough how poor Richmond looked; must be a nightmare supporting them.

Looks like they've gone from a top 6 side to about 11-9th....again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: