Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies beat Blues - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Important to note: Grundy only 2 frees against. Only one in the ruck. A definite improvement.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:58 pm

Very Happy Happy 150th Birthday! Carton!! 2-5 0r 5-2 which way wants to see it. In the second half of the year we will give you the rest of your 150th!
Now for us! loved Dwyre (can't wait to see him have a good run, he looks like he has brought some great defensive skill to his game this year). Great to see Marley back there! Langdon doesn't seem to have a limit. Grundy and Witts keep doing some great things and some not so good. Grundy must think he's a midfielder! Loved Daisy's game Razz Well done boy's one of the two must win games .......... out of the way!!
Horatio Fin 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 pm

maybe the intense pressure we've been applying takes it's toll and we fade late in games? maybe we know this and we're all about throw it all at them early and get the game won? i dunno i don't watch too many games other than collingwood. just throwing it out there.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:01 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
D.Thomas 14 disposals at 57%.
Money well spent by Carlton. Laughing

700 k / 22 games / (14* 57%). About $2200 per effective disposal. You need to fix a lot of prices at that rate....

I can't wish Daisy any ill, but he must be feeling pretty unhappy with his decision, right now.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Horatio Fin wrote:
maybe the intense pressure we've been applying takes it's toll and we fade late in games? maybe we know this and we're all about throw it all at them early and get the game won? i dunno i don't watch too many games other than collingwood. just throwing it out there.

No doubt it's a part of it. When you work that hard for 3 quarters and the game is over, it's mentally as well as physically difficult to continue. Doubly so for younger players.

As long as we're winning it's not really a concern. Let's see how we run out games against the better teams.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:19 pm

This was just an awesome performance. The young guys are just diamonds...no other way to describe it. Langdon was absolutely astonishing...Jarrod Witts had a wonderful game... and Jarrod Blair's enormous value came to the surface. His amazing courage and desperate pressure, which sometimes gets overlooked because it doesn't always translate into visible possessions, was evident tonight.
Our ruck combo of Witts and Grundy is really quite amazing...these guys are so agile and so desperate at ground level...quite unprecedented really...
The poor last quarter needs to be addressed however: it was not simply a question of fatigue. Afterall, last week against Essendon we withstood and answered definitively a major challenge. It was like an anticlimax after the first three quarters.... Just another opportunity for learning and improving. We must guard against anti climaxes!
Go pies!
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:24 pm

They are crap.
They don't draw crowds like some other clubs. They offered nothing in atmosphere and it was their home game.
I hate them, but they are Western Bulldogs / St Kilda like now.
We just completely outplayed a pretty rubbish team.
I'm convinced that we have also completely outclassed a pretty rubbish club as well.
This hatred of Carlton will soon resemble what it once was against Melbourne - a thing of the past.
I repeat, they are crap.
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 pm

That last qtr said more about the blooze than it did us. What a pathetic, soft, weak, pea hearted team you are Carlton, no where to be seen when the pressures hot, downhill, bruise free junk time footy when the heat was as cold as the weather. Suck it and keep sucking it blooze!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 pm

The last quarter was slightly disappointing, but in a funny way good as well. It was a relatively stress-free learning experience.

The remarkable thing about this game - really remarkable - was that the best players were almost all lesser-lights. Blair was wonderful, Dwyer excellent, Langdon a revelation, Elliott officially a gun. Pendlebury, Beams, Swan and Cloke all played a strong part, but none were game-breakers. Heritier was fairly quiet, Sidey very (was he tagged?), and White below his best of recent weeks.

Elliott has officially become a differentiating player. Three strong and creative goals, a reliable set shot ; the kid has it all. An amazing prospect.

If I had one real reservation it was our continued inability to convert forward opportunities. Had we kicked straight, we'd have been 90 points up at 3Qtr time - and we simply need to convert more chances given the level of supply that was provided to our forwards.

A special mention for Sammy Dwyer - I had forgotten how good he is. He gets his own ball, runs incredibly hard, and keeps his eyes and the ball low as he inserts it inside 50. I hope his injury is no issue.

Taylor Adams wil be fine, I hope - but he was disapponting today. We need to give him time and let him get the measure of the game.

Lastly, I have never seen a Collingwood side with the depth of this one. Three outs on last week's backline, and we didn't miss a beat - though I think we missed Goldy up forward.

In all, a regulation win with one lax quarter against a struggling side - but we turn for the bye in very good shape and with a lot of upside. I'm happy.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:27 pm

the fade was both mental (big lead) and physical after a big anzac day comeback and a hectic first 3Q effort I suspect. nonetheless it was a disappointing way to finish.

Great effort from many of our lesser likes. Langdon, Dwyer, Blair all in my top 6 players I reckon. Goldy great pressure again too. Witts and Grundy did their jobs and both showed glimpses of real talent.

Nice to see our stars also perform, beams, Pendles, Swan and while Cloke wasn't his best kicking, his leading and marking was pretty good.

Billy, you're moving into that upper echelon - keep it up.

and nice to have you back Marley.

Always nice to beat the Baggers

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Mugwump wrote:

Taylor Adams wil be fine, I hope - but he was disapponting today. We need to give him time and let him get the measure of the game.

Agree that he was disappointing. And has still not shown he can play anywhere other than as an extractor. Thomas was only ok himself so hasn't gone a long way ahead of him, but Adams will have to do much more than he has so far to earn a spot in our best 25.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Apart from the awful last quarter we actually played really well. I loved our tenacity and ferocity at every contest, forcing scum turnovers through constant pressure. Shove that up your arses carlscum. Daisy probably wished he stayed in bed at watched it on telly with a cup of hot chocolate, his favourite blankly and the soothing sounds of micks voice putting him to sleep. Our defense were great. Hard to believe just how many young players we have on the field each week who perform consistantly week in week out. Not Overly impressed by our kicking for goal. It would've been much nicer to bury their arses but a wins a win.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:34 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Horatio Fin wrote:

No doubt it's a part of it. When you work that hard for 3 quarters and the game is over, it's mentally as well as physically difficult to continue. Doubly so for younger players.

As long as we're winning it's not really a concern. Let's see how we run out games against the better teams.

The thing is, we haven't run out of tickets in the games where we've needed them.

We finished all over Sydney and, to a lesser extent, Essendon. We didn't lose to Geelong because they ran over us, but because they were just a little bit better early.

It's only been in games where it's been all over that we've slowed down in the last, so I think it's more putting the cue in the rack than a physical / game plan thing.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:35 pm

Mugwump wrote:

I can't wish Daisy any ill, but he must be feeling pretty unhappy with his decision, right now.

Nah, he's hanging out with his brodad Mick, getting paid to do not very much .. I'd be happy in his position Surprised
mattys123 

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:36 pm

I just love beating Carlton, was awesome watching half their fans go home at three quarter time lol.

Fun times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: