Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

RIP Australian Rules Football

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The AFL trying to make it too Family Friendly
SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 pm

We must expect AFL players to now be soft as butter when approaching contests, we hardly see the big full fowards bursting through packs maybe collecting a defender or two to avoid getting suspended, now with Viney we should expect every player to clear a path for the opposition to run through or squib the contest. Its pathetic what it has come to and every person who has played the game KNOWS the consequences of what happens on the field however due to problems later on in life will still try to sue the AFL or AFL clubs for money for those exact reasons. You know what your getting into playing this sport, if your afraid of what will happen to you later in life then i have 3 words for you DO NOT PLAY.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:08 am

Trouble is, the kid broke the players jaw, that's the thing, if the player just hadve got up, a bit dazed and confused, but not really injured, viney would have got off. But the league is inconsistent, I recall years ago, that prick Lynch of the LIons, broke shane wakelins jaw, and got clean off. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:08 am

Crowds down,..and they wonder why?
They have killed our game and unless there is a savage reaction to this ruling to overrule this pathetic decision, then the game is truly dead

R I. P
AUSSIE. RULES
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:11 am

Plain and simple, it's a $£$%^%%$ disgrace. Those who don't think this impacts on our game have not a clue.

Just shaking my head. No other words.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:29 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Brown26 wrote:
I disagree with the ideology of the person bumping being responsible for the consequences anyway

I don't. Bumping is optional and always dangerous. If a player takes the risk and gets it wrong, well tough luck.

In this particular case, you may have a point. I've only seen the footage once so can't really comment too much, other than that it did not look like Viney chose to bump.

Suggestion. Watch it twice and comment once but then you might look half as stupid.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:50 am

I am very concerned that this player will be back for the QB game. Penalty should have been at least 5 weeks. If the MRP had applied its usual criteria, he would have received at least 4.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:43 am

Is this all because a player had an injury out of an impact action? When someone lays a ferocious tackle and the opponent does a shoulder, could they be suspended? Is this where afl is headed? I bloody hope not. Injuries happen in a contact sport. Bullshit decision.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:51 am

Ok - I have a plan to take advantage of this ridiculous situation... we need a really weak skinny kid to run out against the hawks in rnd 23 and get a fair bump from Rioli and then when the skinny kid breaks into bits from the bump rioli cops a month off and we take him out of the finals mix!

Going forward this breakable player could be a kind of modern supreme shepherd with players having to stop and look up at each contest to make sure they are not lining up one of Collingwood's skinnys!

But seriously now... Surely the most relevant consideration is the bump - if it was fair then that is it. What if a player is running out there with dodgy shoulders or has not recovered from a leg injury - and is injured from a fair bump?... is that taken into account? Of course it should not be...! if a player does an illegal bump/act then the ramifications are relevant otherwise play on because it is a contact sport played my adults... this is not Auskick!!!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:07 am

Ah, the so-called "Sean Rusling role". I like your thinking. Imagine the extra game-time Lee Walker could have had.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:11 am

Walker would be first picked each week in the modern game of 'contact with dependent consequences'

Recruiters would need to look for that special accident prone quality in young up'n comers from now on!

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:22 am

This decision actually makes me feel physically sick. How much more can this game be ruined until it no longer resembles the great game we grew up loving?
#SIDEBYSIDE
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:24 am

I know what we should do
Let's all boycott the game this week.
Imagine the thousands of Pies supporters not turning to the game.
That'll f""k em.

Wink

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:41 am

Does anyone know if the initial contact between Viney and Lynch was deemed high?

Ridiculous decision anyway and an indefensible rule. In this case it was a collision not a bump and Viney had no choice but to brace himself.

My understanding is that under the existing rule a player can execute a perfectly legal bump but then clash heads because of the impact and be pinged for it...Ridiculous..You can't legislate accidents like head clashes out of the game without fundamentally altering the way its played.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:06 am

As I said earlier, it was deemed high contact, and medium impact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: