Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies whack Weagles - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutsy win. So proud of the boys. Changing momentum in a game like that is a very hard thing to do. And we did that with 2 key back-men out and 2 rotations down for the 2nd half.

The boys lifted collectively. The Collingwood spirit came through and swept both the Eagles and the umpires away. Love this club.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Good to see 11 players have drawn votes, so far, after just 9 Nickheads have voted in the GB Medal.

5 different Pies have received the top (5) votes.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Big T wrote:
Thank you Maxy, Harry and Sack, plus Tooves. Great work boys.

You said it T. Considering the amount of I50s they were bombarded with, it is a miracle in itself that we regained the lead and hung on, considering we were minus both Brown and Frosty, and thus a rotation. Loved Maxy blowin up at Fas. Heath would have done his block today.

Certain players pulled their fingers out of their arses in the 2nd half, and lodged well and truly up their dates, those fingers were.
Great 2nd half from Elliott, who made up for his countless turnovers in the 1st. Oh, and that dropped hanger, which might have gone down as an all-time speccy had he held it.

And how Swan and Sidebottom can accumulate 55 possessions between them, and consistantly miss the target is just phenominal.
The amount of wasted energy this team exerts retrieving their own team-mates turned-over football is simply immense.
No team slaughters the ball, yet finds a way to win, like the mighty Pies.

However, this team would be middle-rung ROAD-KILL without the great Scott Pendlebury. He wears his parasite down each week, even if his first half possessions stats are below par. Bad luck Suckwood.

Great contesting by Grundy and Witts against Coxy and Nata.
These are the sort of monsters we need them to learn from.

No idea why McAf wasn't on Pridis from the start? Pridis is their best mid which should have been obvious to our coach, well before the first bounce.

Cloke and White will probably keep their spots by default, as we have Reid, Lynch, and most likely Brown and Frost watching from the stands.
Look forward to seeing Pat Karnage debut next week, and perhaps Martin return from pergatory too? Thomas, Dwyer and Adams putting their hands up too i'd imagine. So who gets dropped? Not my problem.

I'm trying to sort out a deal to get Wingard over for 2015, and a few blokes will be sweating bullets shortly, around trade time.

And f*ck me, do these umpires get more POX with each passing week?

Dyso

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:55 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Brave but God awful performance against a side who's only wins have come against bottom 4 calibre teams.

Time for some changes.

You had us written off half way, didn't you Swoop?

I wouldn't say I had written us off, never said game over or we wouldn't win.

Still if you're happy only just beating a side who's only wins have come against the dogs, dees, saints and giants then you're easily pleased.

Me I'm about playing premiership football and these last two weeks have been so far from it it's unbelievable.

We would have been smashed by a genuine contender today.

Smashed.

mate, i'm just stirring the pot, that's all. I'm with you, we are a long way off playing like Port for example. I was a bit worried myself at half time.
cheers.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:02 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Where did we really hurt in this game?

Forward? No. 60-37 inside 50s at one stage, yet we kicked a winning score.

Defense? No. Depleted but still managed to keep them under 100 and to nullify Kennedy,

Midfield? Yes. We were smashed in the clearances and this is where the rot started. Once we lost a clearance we struggled to move the ball out of defense. The question is why? Are Swan, Beams, Pendles not up to it? Clearly they are. The main reason is our rucks. They were destroyed today. It's to be expected of young players. But even when they aren't destroyed, they don't have the nous to control the takeaways. It's the one reason why we could never be considered real contenders this year.

The other thing of course that needs to be addressed is the ball movement from half back. We made progress but have slipped back.

Getting the ball inside our f50 has been a problem all year even before the last two weeks.

One thing is for sure that after today we can't have all of White, Grundy and Witts in the side for mine.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:08 pm

^^It has and it's down to clearances. I'd questioned it earlier in the year, but I don't think we can be a contender without an experienced, or at least a smart, big man. You don't see the effect in their numbers, but you do in the clearances. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I put our terrible clearance numbers (particularly for periods of a game where we get destroyed) down to our young rucks more than our mids.

If you don't win clearances you won't get the ball forward. This is particularly true when our movement from defense is also poor.

The question is do we wait for the young rucks to mature or do we bring in an experienced player in the off season?

In the meantime I think your right, we shouldn't be playing all of Witts, Grundy and White.

jg22 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:11 pm

He was quiet throughout but kudos to Jess White for a big last 15 minutes in the ruck. Just looked so much more dangerous when he's mobile. Like to see more of it and for Special K to become another marking target up forward.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:13 pm

del
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:15 pm

jg22 wrote:
He was quiet throughout but kudos to Jess White for a big last 15 minutes in the ruck. Just looked so much more dangerous when he's mobile. Like to see more of it and for Special K to become another marking target up forward.

Agree. White in the ruck seemed to work in the last quarter

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:15 pm

pietillidie wrote:
del

Would be handy. But don't think we could get him from the Roos after just one year Wink.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:24 pm

I think Jesse White goes missing in games too much. He has to be dropped for Karnezis.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:28 pm

Gutsy win and never gave up. That's the Collingwood I know and love. If there was ever a time to lift, it was in that last quarter particularly after putting it a big effort in the third. Players stood up and were there when it counted. 17.7 when was the last time we were so accurate in front of goal. Still not happy with our delivery into the forward line. This needs to be addressed. Cloke hasn't got a hope in hell when he's not given the chance to even take a mark. Bad luck to Browny. I suspect he's done his shoulder again? If so then you'd think he'd be gone for the season? I hope not and that he does recover and come back but if it is that bad then I'd consider putting him on the LTI and promoting someone else - Martin.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:28 pm

OK now that we've found a way to make white from becoming invisible by putting him into the ruck, we just need to figure something similar for Cloke. Umpires, Swan and Sidebottom all shitted me in that order, glad we won against the odds but Swoop is right if that was a decent team we would have got massacred! Hopefully we can iron out the glaringly deficient areas of our midfield ruck and forward line against the the aints!
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Backline was under siege most of the night. Goldsack and Maxwell were bloody brilliant against blokes twice their size and a great return from Faz.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Backline stood up and should be commended for their effort tonight especially after losing Brown so early.

Umpiring was a disgrace. They should be relegated to the U12s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: