Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trial by Media! - Sidebottom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidey should plead temporary insanity co I don't think even he knows wtf he was trying to do then.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:51 am

Beast wrote:
Will be lucky to only get two weeks, there's absolutely nothing to moan about here.

Agree that he deserves 2-3 even with a clean record, but Channel 7's trial by media was an absolute joke considering how hard they tried to whitewash "Goodesy"'s incident the previous night.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:21 am

stui magpie wrote:
Sidey should plead temporary insanity co I don't think even he knows wtf he was trying to do then.

Well I certainly didn't.

I still have NFI.

jg22 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:24 pm

So let's see if I've got Mark Robinson's take on football from the past 24 hours: Essendon have been crucified and it's time for people to start feeling sorry for them, Adam Goodes will get off because he was simply going for the ball and Nathan Buckley set that renowned hit man Steele Sidebottom out on the ground to take out that renowned tagger Maverick Weller in the first minute.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:32 pm

King Monkey wrote:

MRP chook lotto aside, and ignoring the fact he's a Collingwood player, deserves 4-5 weeks for that.

Agreed on the Chooklotto thing, but nah.

Wellingham's hit on Simpson (broken jaw) a couple of years back was way worse and was 5 weeks - no discount.

This was nowhere near as bad. Was not malicious. Will have to get weeks or the footy world will go mental but I'm thinking 3 into 2. Seen some pretty nasty hits in the last month only get 1 or 2 weeks after plea.

No way will Goodes get weeks though.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:41 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Negligent, high impact, has a reasonable record I think - two weeks with a plea.

Agree, was a brain fade but it is what it is. Goodies should similar, maybe a little less because of lower impact.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:45 pm

Update, I've pulled out my crystal ball and set it to MRP.

Sidey will be offered a grade 457 deliberate striking with intent to mame or kill.
He will be offered 176 weeks discounted to 176 weeks if he pleads guilty and tells the MRP he acted on the instructions of the coach.
He must also tell the MRP how all Collingwood players were packing brass knuckles and machetes in there socks that night.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:50 pm

Good to see Sidey go to him after the game - it's obvious there was no intent, but I did feel for the guy, having to sit the game out.

Looked worse than it was, but the MRP can't ignore something like that.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:56 pm

jackcass wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Negligent, high impact, has a reasonable record I think - two weeks with a plea.

Agree, was a brain fade but it is what it is. Goodies should similar, maybe a little less because of lower impact.

You forgot to factor in the 100% discount for being Adam Goodes

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:56 pm

FK me, I couldn't believe what I heard on SEN with stinky, Drunk Robbo!! Accusing Buckley of sending out a hit man ( in this case Sidey ) to take out Pendles tagged?

Think Collingwood should seek legal advice on this one !
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:58 pm

Trial by media for Sidey ?

Every bump/tackle/body clash, this season, has received inordinate media coverage.

Ad nauseam replays and analysis of every one - no matter which club.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:33 pm

Geek wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

MRP chook lotto aside, and ignoring the fact he's a Collingwood player, deserves 4-5 weeks for that.

Wellingham's hit on Simpson (broken jaw) a couple of years back was way worse and was 5 weeks - no discount.

This was nowhere near as bad. Was not malicious. Will have to get weeks or the footy world will go mental but I'm thinking 3 into 2. Seen some pretty nasty hits in the last month only get 1 or 2 weeks after plea.

Yeah, having slept on it, and having watched the replay today, 5 would be overboard.
But I've always been taught from a young age that pointy elbows on a footy field is an extremely undesirable trait. Kicking, spitting, elbowing, 3 mortal sins.

As I said in a previous post, he certainly didn't go at Weller with the intent to send him into next week.
BUT, if he'd have been willing to accept some body contact, the point of the elbow wouldn't have been in play.
3-4 IMO, with the current system giving him a discount for a clean record.

As for Goodes -
I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but that was very very similar to Young on Chapman. Jumped with eyes on the ball, then tucked the arm in when he realised the ball was out of reach. Shouldn't go for that.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:40 pm

King Monkey wrote:
Geek wrote:
King Monkey wrote:

Yeah, having slept on it, and having watched the replay today, 5 would be overboard.
But I've always been taught from a young age that pointy elbows on a footy field is an extremely undesirable trait. Kicking, spitting, elbowing, 3 mortal sins.

As I said in a previous post, he certainly didn't go at Weller with the intent to send him into next week.
BUT, if he'd have been willing to accept some body contact, the point of the elbow wouldn't have been in play.
3-4 IMO, with the current system giving him a discount for a clean record.

As for Goodes -
I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but that was very very similar to Young on Chapman. Jumped with eyes on the ball, then tucked the arm in when he realised the ball was out of reach. Shouldn't go for that.

Young was cited. Just ended up with 90 odd carry over points instead of copping a week by pleading guilty. Now i think Young should have got nothing but why should not the 2 incidents be deemed the same?
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:43 pm

If he didn't jump 1 week, medium contact 1 week, being subbed out 1 week. Hopefully 2 weeks all up
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:45 pm

Doc63 wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

You forgot to factor in the 100% discount for being Adam Goodes

Yeah, that could impact
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: