Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Beams contract talks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MJ23"]^ agree
Even though he wont ask for what he is deserving.

Im sure I read at the last contract neg he sacked his management company as they were not moving quick enough.

Correct MJ he was with velocity if my memory serves me correctly and they were stalling Collingwood and the negotiations trying to see if there would be a better offer come in to table to Dayne.
I remember his dad said something about he got the shits when Pert asked him directly if there was something in the latest offer he didn't like as he hadn't heard back. Dayne apparently hadn't been presented the latest offer by his management group so he sacked them.
My understanding he still had to pay them there commission as well as his new management group there commission on his current deal.
I think he joined the same management group that handles either Swanny or Pendles (I'm not sure which one) if my memory serves me correctly.
Dollars and cents won't come into it to much. Pert will know his worth for sure and how much he could command on the open market.
And I'm sure Dayne will appreciate there are many other players at the club who need to be fairly compensated for there contracts as well so he won't be going in demanding more than a fair increase.
I think his current deal was $1.1 over 3yrs which at the moment represents great value to the magpies. If he was to get between $2.5 - $3.5m over 5yrs I think both the player and the club would sign very quickly. It would set Dayne up and represent a great investment in th clubs future.
PieGal4eva 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Thank you so much for posting this info.

It always makes me very happy when I hear this stuff from you;)

Beams would easily get 750 k + on the open market. Teams would build there midfield around him.

We are lucky he wants to stay with us. I love him- his attitude- his competiveness- his loyalty- basically everything;)

Can we deduce from your info that he is really getting along with Bucks and the whole disharmony in the playing ranks is fallacy?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:41 pm

PieGal4eva wrote:

Beams would easily get 750 k + on the open market. Teams would build there midfield around him.

We are lucky he wants to stay with us. I love him- his attitude- his competiveness- his loyalty- basically everything;)

Can we deduce from your info that he is really getting along with Bucks and the whole disharmony in the playing ranks is fallacy?

We all love him, it was obvious from his first nab cup game that we'd hit serious gold producing dirt, hope he puts his hand back up for a leadership role next year.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:08 am

Pies 08, a great judge of footy-flesh, declared him as a gun at the first training we saw Beams at.

He is a loyal Magpie to boot. We are blessed to have such a player on our list.

Hopefully he will end his career a multiple Premiership player for the Magpies.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:42 am

PieGal4eva wrote:

Piegal I've never heard through his father anything comments that would make you think anything other than Dayne is 100% happy at the club and equally happy with the coach.
Interesting though is a comment his father made about Bucks working closely with Dayne when he first joined the club. Dayne told his father he spent a lot of time getting little pointers of both Bucks and Harvey.
The only little niggle was a general comment by the coach to the group that no one was above the team ethos. This occurred at the beginning of Bucks head coaching appointment. I believe it was aimed clearly at the brat pack which at the time was apparently recruiting new young players.
Dayne had a a lot in common with Swanny more than tattoo's early on being a bit of a free spirit and in a lot of ways an individual.
But this was more to do with Dayne's footballing past. Meaning he played in some very ordinary QLD under age sides that the majority of players where well below being draft prospects. He identified this a knew he had to make sure his draft prospects weren't affected by the sides performance.
In the past 3yrs he has aligned more with the Pendles regime in such a way he prepares and engulfs the team ethos.
The leadership role he had last year was a none event as he missed 16 games with injury. He didn't want a leadership role this year as he wanted to concentrate on his performance in the team. He is 24 there is and there is plenty of time for him to develop into a better leader.
I think the most important point about Dayne comes from his upbringing.
He came from a divorced family environment where neither parent had an over abundance of financial means but they all worked hard to get everything they got in life. He was raised by both parents equally both brining important values to him which we see today.
His father as I've stated before was as tough as teak footballer in or around Yarrawonga area and then at Southport in QLD. Both boys (Claye as well) had either a cricket bat and ball or football in there hand all the time.
Loyalty is one trait he has in spades and when it gets down to the bottom line he knows he is in a very fortunate position to get paid very handsomely (compared to the average joe working a 40hr week) to play a game he truly loves.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:11 am

ronrat wrote:
Of all the idiot posts I have read. You know who you are. The brothers Coventry, Collier,Twomey, Rose, Richards and well quite a few others others say hi.

Well aren't you the clever little chap!
I was talking about the modern era, and I actually said "SINCE the Shaws & Richardsons. I think if you spent more time checking your facts and less on abusing other Collingwood supporters you might find that the brothers you mention are BEFORE the Shaws & Richardsons,
nést pas smartarse?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:53 pm

Beams is a champ and the club should re-sign him asap. It's great that he wants to remain with us and values the club and the effort they're putting into him. Sounds like he's benefiting a great deal from being around the likes of Buckley, Harvey and Pendles. What better midfield expert mentors could you ask for? This is also a testament to Bucks as well. All this hoo haa of a player revolt back when he took over just sounds ridiculous now. He's unified and galvanised this team. Players are buying into his culture and philosophy. All except for dollar daisy, but he's a little turd anyway.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:07 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Beams is a champ and the club should re-sign him asap. It's great that he wants to remain with us and values the club and the effort they're putting into him. Sounds like he's benefiting a great deal from being around the likes of Buckley, Harvey and Pendles. What better midfield expert mentors could you ask for? This is also a testament to Bucks as well. All this hoo haa of a player revolt back when he took over just sounds ridiculous now. He's unified and galvanised this team. Players are buying into his culture and philosophy. All except for dollar daisy, but he's a little turd anyway.

Now you've done it. Stand by for another 5000 word rant.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:08 pm

Double post
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:12 pm

There is none better.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:14 pm

MJ23 wrote:
^ agree

Im sure I read at the last contract neg he sacked his management company as they were not moving quick enough.

You put his development, attitude and club loyalty up against Dale's and you realise the supporters idolised the wrong bloke.

Sorry, but I can't let this kind of hypocrisy pass, and yes, denigrating a great Collingwood player and criticising his loyalty in the same sentence is indeed hypocrisy! You do NOT know DT wanted to leave, I know he wanted to stay.
DT was in a very different position to Dayne. Collingwood is determined to keep Dayne and were determined to dump Dale. His popularity was a threat to Buckley & Buckley is known to have disliked the so-called "Brat Pack" since his playing days,. He has eliminated every member of it except for Swanny, (although Pendles was a member early and so was Dayne to an extent, but Pendles opted to be a team leader - and thank god he did - and Dayne followed suit - and thank god he did!) Another big difference is that DT & Bucks played together for a couple of seasons. Also while your talking about loyalty, DT was one of the first to accept less to stay at Collingwood. He definitely wanted to be a magpie for life, but his rift with Buckley put an end to that. To suggest that we are better without him is ridiculous. He was BOG in his last full game for us (StKilda last year), and we only have 5 guys with over 150 games in the side, three with over 200, and we'll likely lose two of those fairly soon, only Tooves is likely to join the 150 club in that time
I have no wish to turn this into another DT thread, but I WILL answer any question on the matter & respond to any weak attempt at abuse.

Back to Beamer, there is no doubt the kid is a gun, and we still haven't seen the best of him given that he's only 24. If Collingwood were silly enough to offer him unders simply because he wants to stay, it would be a monumental mistake. I have no doubt he could get 800's at any of half a dozen clubs, the guy is already in the top 5 players in Fantasy Football, and his form is getting better by the week. If we offer 200 and he knows he can get 800, he'd be foolish not to look at it. Loyalty, in the end, must have a price, especially when ones career is so brief & could end at any moment. And let's face it, there's no superannuation or pension plan. When Collingwood or any other team has finished with any player they may as well not exist, unless the player is one of the very few who achieve 'legend' status.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Stupied 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Sigh... You guys just had to set him off...
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:22 pm

Stupied wrote:
Sigh... You guys just had to set him off...

I tipped this!!!

He must be a real hoot at parties.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:43 am

35forever wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
^ agree

You put his development, attitude and club loyalty up against Dale's and you realise the supporters idolised the wrong bloke.

Sorry, but I can't let this kind of hypocrisy pass, and yes, denigrating a great Collingwood player and criticising his loyalty in the same sentence is indeed hypocrisy! You do NOT know DT wanted to leave, I know he wanted to stay.
DT was in a very different position to Dayne. Collingwood is determined to keep Dayne and were determined to dump Dale. His popularity was a threat to Buckley & Buckley is known to have disliked the so-called "Brat Pack" since his playing days,. He has eliminated every member of it except for Swanny, (although Pendles was a member early and so was Dayne to an extent, but Pendles opted to be a team leader - and thank god he did - and Dayne followed suit - and thank god he did!) Another big difference is that DT & Bucks played together for a couple of seasons. Also while your talking about loyalty, DT was one of the first to accept less to stay at Collingwood. He definitely wanted to be a magpie for life, but his rift with Buckley put an end to that. To suggest that we are better without him is ridiculous. He was BOG in his last full game for us (StKilda last year), and we only have 5 guys with over 150 games in the side, three with over 200, and we'll likely lose two of those fairly soon, only Tooves is likely to join the 150 club in that time
I have no wish to turn this into another DT thread, but I WILL answer any question on the matter & respond to any weak attempt at abuse.

Back to Beamer, there is no doubt the kid is a gun, and we still haven't seen the best of him given that he's only 24. If Collingwood were silly enough to offer him unders simply because he wants to stay, it would be a monumental mistake. I have no doubt he could get 800's at any of half a dozen clubs, the guy is already in the top 5 players in Fantasy Football, and his form is getting better by the week. If we offer 200 and he knows he can get 800, he'd be foolish not to look at it. Loyalty, in the end, must have a price, especially when ones career is so brief & could end at any moment. And let's face it, there's no superannuation or pension plan. When Collingwood or any other team has finished with any player they may as well not exist, unless the player is one of the very few who achieve 'legend' status.

You keep talking about Dale and Bucks not getting on yet put the blame for that squarely on Bucks.
If it was the case that Dale did not want to leave yet was happy to have a running disagreement/dispute or whatever you want to call it, then yes Dales loyalty may not be in question and it must be that he is simply a moron.
I mean, who'd he think was going to win out in the end ? Really ??

In bucks eliminating every member of the "brat pack", from my count the only two players that have been "let go" to play at another club are Dale and Heater. Very clear as to why Heater was traded, Id expect Dale was let go for the same reasons........

Everyone here lauds Beams loyalty, his buy in to hard work and team ethic. In saying he may not get what he is worth is not about screwing Dayne because he is loyal, its about Dayne recognizing that he could still get paid extremely well AND the club can hang on to more of his team mates.

Geelong players know exactly what this is like.

For the record my post said to pay him whatever he wants. Knowing the character of Dayne he would no doubt take unders.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:09 am

MJ23 wrote:
35forever wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
^ agree

You keep talking about Dale and Bucks not getting on yet put the blame for that squarely on Bucks.
If it was the case that Dale did not want to leave yet was happy to have a running disagreement/dispute or whatever you want to call it, then yes Dales loyalty may not be in question and it must be that he is simply a moron.
I mean, who'd he think was going to win out in the end ? Really ??

In bucks eliminating every member of the "brat pack", from my count the only two players that have been "let go" to play at another club are Dale and Heater. Very clear as to why Heater was traded, Id expect Dale was let go for the same reasons........

Everyone here lauds Beams loyalty, his buy in to hard work and team ethic. In saying he may not get what he is worth is not about screwing Dayne because he is loyal, its about Dayne recognizing that he could still get paid extremely well AND the club can hang on to more of his team mates.

Geelong players know exactly what this is like.

For the record my post said to pay him whatever he wants. Knowing the character of Dayne he would no doubt take unders.

Well said. It's time some people let the love for Thomas go. We got bugger all out of him for his final 2 years & he isn't exactly ripping it up at the scum. Move on for goodness sake. Beams could get better money to move clubs, no doubt about it. But so could many others. He will be paid well to stay because he buys in to what the club is trying to do & he is a fantastic player. If 35forever thinks we will offer $200,000 a year he is off with the fairies. He will be paid well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: