Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Bulldogs - all comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dogs have a couple of slow inside mids and contested ball is a strength of theirs, so I think this is one game where Ball and Thomas can both start.

Their weakness is their outside run. This is also a weakness of ours. Without Sidebottom I think we need to bring in another strong runner. Broomhead would be my pick, but I'm not sure how good his engine is. Kennedy would be another option.

in: White, Broomhead
out: Witts, Fasolo/Dwyer

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:16 pm

Flashman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Not playing for either the senior or VFL team, probably means Adams will probably have to go back and perform well in the VFL before getting another chance. This is a shame as i'd like to see him played for 3-4 weeks in the seniors to find his feet.

Witts will probably keep his spot until Reid comes back to play against the Hawks. However, I would like to see us try to play with Grundy and White as the 2nd ruck.

Fasolo will probably get dropped after a poor effort, and i'm beginning to wonder if he's got the hunger to do all the hard stuff required of today's top line players. He's got the talent, but needs to work much, much harder.

Josh Thomas continues his up and down form. It may be that he's purely a depth player. Jury is still out on him imo.

Broomhead is obviously close to debuting after being in the squad last week and playing another good game in the VFL.

My preference would be:

Ins: Adams, Broomhead, White
Outs: Witts, Thomas, Fasolo

Thomas was good on Monday and has certainly made a better fist of his senior opportunities than Adams has thus far. I'm not sure why you think Taylor deserves all these freebie games yet you mark Thomas so harshly and want him dropped after he's only had two games of senior football in a row and hasn't done too much wrong in either.

Thomas would be unlucky to miss, but I thought he had a pretty ordinary day on Monday after playing so well the previous week. I recall a few weeks back Bucks saying that Thomas' challenge was to be much more consistent than he has been previously. I think that challenge is still before him. As for Adams, I am an unabashed fan. I just love the aggression around the packs he brings which is worth gold in September. He was obviously close to playing on Monday, being held back as the emergency, so Bucks clearly rates him too. One thing's for sure, our depth is going to ensure that all players will have to perform to keep their spots in our team. It's a great problem to have, trying to squeeze so many good players in to our team.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:16 pm

Defender wrote:
Thomas butchered the ball a few times last week, actually that's an insult to butchers.

Out: Thomas-Witts.

In: White-Kennedy.

Need to play our best 22, got the Hawks coming up next week.

Clearly you're going like for like with your changes then?

Out: Thomas for butchering the ball.

In: Kennedy to continue butchering the ball.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:22 pm

As I said saying Thomas butchered it last week is an insult to butchers.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:32 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Flashman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Not playing for either the senior or VFL team, probably means Adams will probably have to go back and perform well in the VFL before getting another chance. This is a shame as i'd like to see him played for 3-4 weeks in the seniors to find his feet.

Witts will probably keep his spot until Reid comes back to play against the Hawks. However, I would like to see us try to play with Grundy and White as the 2nd ruck.

Fasolo will probably get dropped after a poor effort, and i'm beginning to wonder if he's got the hunger to do all the hard stuff required of today's top line players. He's got the talent, but needs to work much, much harder.

Josh Thomas continues his up and down form. It may be that he's purely a depth player. Jury is still out on him imo.

Broomhead is obviously close to debuting after being in the squad last week and playing another good game in the VFL.

My preference would be:

Thomas was good on Monday and has certainly made a better fist of his senior opportunities than Adams has thus far. I'm not sure why you think Taylor deserves all these freebie games yet you mark Thomas so harshly and want him dropped after he's only had two games of senior football in a row and hasn't done too much wrong in either.

Thomas would be unlucky to miss, but I thought he had a pretty ordinary day on Monday after playing so well the previous week. I recall a few weeks back Bucks saying that Thomas' challenge was to be much more consistent than he has been previously. I think that challenge is still before him. As for Adams, I am an unabashed fan. I just love the aggression around the packs he brings which is worth gold in September. He was obviously close to playing on Monday, being held back as the emergency, so Bucks clearly rates him too. One thing's for sure, our depth is going to ensure that all players will have to perform to keep their spots in our team. It's a great problem to have, trying to squeeze so many good players in to our team.

Thomas was great the week before, and good this week as well. He is much quicker and nimble that Adams. I would be starting to look at what Swanny is actually doing if you want to find a spot for someone.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:35 pm

After one very good game and one pretty good game, It'd be harsh if Thomas were dropped. Especially harsh if he were dropped for a player, Adams, whose last game was poor.
Az 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:07 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

My preference would be:

Thomas has gotten the 3 brownlow votes in at least 2 games by my count. Bit more of a depth player if you ask me! Taylor Adams apart from the practice match against Geelong in the preseason has done nothing but butcher the ball in all games he has played for us this season, and your remedy for Thomas' one poor game is to bring Adams in? Not sure what he's doing to be put ahead of Thomas but please point it out because if I had the choice of picking one of those two insiders, form alone suggests JT is the preferred option.[/b]
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Defender wrote:
Thomas butchered the ball a few times last week, actually that's an insult to butchers.

Out: Thomas-Witts.

In: White-Kennedy.

Need to play our best 22, got the Hawks coming up next week.

Now I'm confused, are we playing our best available 22 or are we dropping Witts and Thomas
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:49 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
And if everyone who questions one of your posts puts you on ignore as you frequently suggest, you'd start to find it a bit lonely here on Nicks. I enjoy your posts, admire your enthusiasm, but just like every poster on these forums, if you put something out there you invite a response and they will not always be supportive.

Stop picking on DTM you bully... Twisted Evil

If you respond to every poster for saying stuff devoid of any feasible rationale or logic, you will be extremely busy on Nick's Daz.... Laughing

Sorry, don't know what came over me!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:51 pm

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
And if everyone who questions one of your posts puts you on ignore as you frequently suggest, you'd start to find it a bit lonely here on Nicks. I enjoy your posts, admire your enthusiasm, but just like every poster on these forums, if you put something out there you invite a response and they will not always be supportive.

Stop picking on DTM you bully... Twisted Evil

If you respond to every poster for saying stuff devoid of any feasible rationale or logic, you will be extremely busy on Nick's Daz.... Laughing

well, you could help dazza out by reducing the number of your posts lazza. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

i don't think jt will be dropped, not against this mob. you might see broomhead in, fasolo out. white back in too and grundy gets a rest again.

Good point JW, clearly Lazza's fault! Too much hemp tea.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:01 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Flashman wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

My preference would be:

It's a nice problem to have definitely.

And just to clarify I too really, really, really like Taylor Adams and think he's going to be a bloody good player for us for a long time. It's just that he hasn't grasped his chances at senior level as yet whereas I think Josh Thomas (who I'm a big wrap for as well) has.

Strangely enough everyone is critical of Adams' disposal but I've watched him in the reserves and his disposal was damn good as was his ball winning ability. I think he's just trying too hard not to make a mistake in the ones and a bit of self doubt is creeping in.

That will be eradicated hopefully the next time he gets called up and I for one want to see him succeed as much as you do.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:08 am

For what it's worth, I thought Thomas was good on Monday. Yes, he made some errors but he was having a crack and got a lot of the ball.
And Dwyer was pretty good too.

If anyone, Faz could be dropped but he's a star in the making. I'd play him again.

If we don't win by 10 goals plus something is wrong.

They'll come out firing and our boys will probably start slow which seems like the Buckley game plan. But we should win and win well.

I don't expect we'll get such a great run from the umpires again. In terms of umpiring, that was the best we've had in 40-odd years Very Happy
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:12 am

MattyD wrote:

I don't expect we'll get such a great run from the umpires again. In terms of umpiring, that was the best we've had in 40-odd years Very Happy

Monday was a special case. As the umpires have said, it was an uncontested game, and only one team was playing footy.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:49 am

mattys123′s Match Preview Round 13 – Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs is up on the site

http://www.magpies.net/nick/?p=1498

thanks Matt

MattyD 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:03 am

MagpieMad wrote:
mattys123′s Match Preview Round 13 – Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs is up on the site

http://www.magpies.net/nick/?p=1498

thanks Matt

Thanks for the link. Always a good read.

The only thing I would disagree with is about the crowd. It seems like Collingwood supporters aren't as keen to go to Etihad as they are to the MCG.

I predict 34K at the most.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: