Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The most one sided 10 point loss I've seen. Really terrible, 8-2 to this?? Ridiculous .
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Big T wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Our list is overrated.

The kids that apparently are coming through, are either not good yet, or not good enough...full stop.

So much for our dynasty after 2010, Hawks, Cats etc are still up there....not us.

I will be lucky to see more than 3-4 premierships in my lifetime, the way we gain success in this competition.

Hine is the Teflon don.

Good point.We have a team full of slow midgets who can't kick and yet everyone thinks Hine is the ants pants.Our list is quite poor and nowhere near being a premiership contender.Someone should take responsibility for that.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:30 pm

plain and simple,we just werent good enough tonigh,and i say goodbye finals series for 2014,we dont deserve to be there
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Keep playing the kids... Martin, Broomy, Langdon, Seeds, Kennedy etc... with Reid to stay up forward! Keefe and Frost down back... let them get some experience under their belts and re-load for next year.
Flashman 

jg22 wrote:
A team of kids having a red hot crack and I loved watching it. Yep, the disposal is infuriating at times, but the glimmers are there. Jacobs is a class act and dominated giving his onballers an armchair ride. It was boys against men in so many areas, but I was happy with them busting their arses. Broomhead keeps developing, Reidy will be better for the run, Marley did a great job on big pants (apart from the two joe the goose goals) and Lachie Keefe owned Jenkins. We're coming, not this year, maybe not next, but we are definitely coming.

Yeah I'm not usually overly optimistic after a loss but our performance today compared to the Essendon disaster was chalk and cheese.

The effort was there, the signs were good but some guys were underdone and another couple aren't up to it.

This year is done and thank God for that. Next year has, has, has to be a massive improvement no excuses, Another injury riddled, excuse laden year is not in the remotest way acceptable.

Everyone is on notice.
Redlight 

Mugwump wrote:
Th "perceptive fellow" will hate this, but here goes.

Unlike the Essendon game, that was not as bad as I feared. Reid, an AA player, was way off the pace. So too was Martin, who will take time to adjust to the big league. We are now completely without Swan and Maxwell. We were playing a bunch of kids with very limited AfL experience against a battle-hardened Crows side, and we showed, as expected, the effects of fatigue after a long season with a very young list. We're cooked for 2014, but i think we're developing a next generation that can take us into the future, and I expect us to improve as Reid gets back to fitness and form, Scharenberg arrives, and Swan recovers. Meanwhile, Broomy will be a player, Taylor Adams is a ball-getter, Witts will continue to grow, and in a more functional forward line, Jamie Elliott will be a matchwinner.

It wasn't what I hoped for, but it wasn't a disaster, looking to the future.

...and the future is bright, I think people are forgetting how inexperienced this side is and how few senior games many have played.

Marley Williams 32
Jack Frost 19
Tom Langdon 16
Lachlan Keeffe 35
Kyle Martin 5
Jamie Elliott 50
Jarrod Witts 22
Taylor Adams 11
Tim Broomhead 3
Paul Seedsman 35
Ben Kennedy 18
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:32 pm

jg22 wrote:
A team of kids having a red hot crack and I loved watching it. Yep, the disposal is infuriating at times, but the glimmers are there. Jacobs is a class act and dominated giving his onballers an armchair ride. It was boys against men in so many areas, but I was happy with them busting their arses. Broomhead keeps developing, Reidy will be better for the run, Marley did a great job on big pants (apart from the two joe the goose goals) and Lachie Keefe owned Jenkins. We're coming, not this year, maybe not next, but we are definitely coming.

Yeah, disappointing, especially after we hit the front, but I agree with all of what you say, we are a team now rebuilding, and its a long term development project now, re 2015-20, its all in the future, and our time will come. Im not fussed about the eight now, nobody will beat hawks and swans now, that's the GF for sure, whats the point. Just look towards next season, and hopefully a far better run with injuries, surely. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
On the March 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:33 pm

Mugwump wrote:

Unlike the Essendon game, that was not as bad as I feared. Reid, an AA player, was way off the pace. So too was Martin, who will take time to adjust to the big league. We are now completely without Swan and Maxwell. We were playing a bunch of kids with very limited AfL experience against a battle-hardened Crows side, and we showed, as expected, the effects of fatigue after a long season with a very young list. We're cooked for 2014, but i think we're developing a next generation that can take us into the future, and I expect us to improve as Reid gets back to fitness and form, Scharenberg arrives, and Swan recovers. Meanwhile, Broomy will be a player, Taylor Adams is a ball-getter, Witts will continue to grow, and in a more functional forward line, Jamie Elliott will be a matchwinner.

I agree we sent in under equipped kids who tried their guts out. Crows too good. Ihave two complaints though, Dunstall biais and Cloke not getting frees even though ridden into the ground.
Born to Pie 

Born to Pie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Mugwump wrote:

I'm a supporter and I also believe, I'll go plus one!

magpiemike Taurus

LEGEND. AMEN.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Joel wrote:
Big T wrote:
Joel wrote:
magpiemike wrote:
Cloke, for his three goals, spilt so many marks. Talia owned him. How much is Talia on? Overpaid and overrated. Not good enough. He is so very much trade bait now.

If we didn't kick it on his head every time he'd have better opportunity. He did his job, not sure about many others.

Cloke was raped. Our most important today.

Jacobs killed us.

He kicked three. I don't care if he gets beaten for the majority of the game, if he kicked multiple goals then he has done the job.

There are many others that should be attacked before Cloke.

It went over his head many times, because he keeps over running the ball. For one of the strongest players going around, he should be pulling up earlier and bringing the contact from behind. Sick of his whinging. Whatever.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:36 pm

Pies back-line is incredibly young...will certainly be a lot better next year!

Add a few of the drat picks and we have around 13-newbies...

Reid will be better for the run and will give our fwd line an extra dimension next yr.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Our biggest problem is we do not have a single midfielder with real pace. Swan has been that player in recent years, plus we could also rely on Daisy to take the game on with genuine pace out of the centre. In the last 15 minutes of the game Dangerfield took the game by the scruff of the neck and drove the ball out of the centre down toward the Crows' goals. Right now we have no-one like that. I just hope we let Ball retire asap and keep playing these kids like Broomhead and Martin for the remainder of the year. Hopefully next year we'll see how good Freeman is.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:37 pm

swooper wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Our list is overrated.

The kids that apparently are coming through, are either not good yet, or not good enough...full stop.

So much for our dynasty after 2010, Hawks, Cats etc are still up there....not us.

I will be lucky to see more than 3-4 premierships in my lifetime, the way we gain success in this competition.

Not fair to blame the kids. They were always going to tire in a long season. Injuries, poor coaching taking their toll.
BTW - you would be very lucky to see 3-4 premierships in a lifetime I would suggest!! Very Happy

Geelong fans have seen three in the past seven years. And this season it looks like Sydney or Hawthorn fans will enjoy the same privilege. Only Collingwood stuffs up potential premiership dynasties. We are THE class act in VFL/AFL history in this regard. We might be lucky to see another flag within 20 years, but by then (1) the Suns and GWS will have won 4 or 5 each, and (2) soccer will have become the number one football code in this country. Rolling Eyes

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Redlight wrote:

...and the future is bright, I think people are forgetting how inexperienced this side is and how few senior games many have played.

Marley Williams 32
Jack Frost 19
Tom Langdon 16
Lachlan Keeffe 35
Kyle Martin 5
Jamie Elliott 50
Jarrod Witts 22
Taylor Adams 11
Tim Broomhead 3
Paul Seedsman 35
Ben Kennedy 18

The better teams have brought in new players too but have not seen their experienced (senior) player tail off as quickly as ours. Our senior players have regressed massively.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:40 pm

We are a shambles

20-2 to out of the 8...

Just embarrassing at the moment...

Don't know what else to say...our club is a shambles...

Too angry to say anything else

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13   

Jump to: