Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Eagles pulverise Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Our midfield got smashed...they just took the ball at ease from the ruck contests. Jarrod witts was destroyed and had no assistance from Jesse White. Our use of the ball was appalling...could not hit targets...Marley Williams desperately needs to improve his disposal efficiency. We had no ability to run and interlock...and our forward line, when it got there, was dysfunctional. There was almost no intensity except for the 2nd quarter.
McAffer had a terrible game... did very little and his opponent (Priddis?) ran riot.
Cannot hold our defence responsible for the disastrous scoreline.. our lack of pressure and inability to handle the ball cleanly allowed the ball to keep coming into their forward 50.
This was one of our worst games this year, and was in fact light years below even what we produced last week. Cannot understand this dire inconsistency.
I hope that we can regroup for next week. I really want us to play finals to give our young guys such an experience would be invaluable.
magpiemike Taurus

LEGEND. AMEN.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Four players tried their guts out this arvo. The rest were lost, sick, stupid, lazy, or a combination of all. Blame the coach all you like, but you'd be wrong. If they were playing on commission, we'd be a lot higher than we are. A few high paid overrated embarrassments out there.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:38 pm

courtza wrote:
Just come from the game, omfg, those maggots were unbelievable.

We played pretty shit but come on.

The first quarter was a frickin joke.

Freo and Pies fans need a group hug I reckon. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
courtza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:38 pm

who was on Priddis?
McMonkey 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:39 pm

KM, you always make sense.

That guy is a blatant cheat and a perfect ambassador for this corrupt mess known as the AFL.

Today was the most consistently disgusting, cheating display ofumpiring I have seen in 35 years of watching AFL/VFL.

Schmidt never should of been allowed to umpire another game, at any level, after the call on Pendlebury V Hawthorn earlier this year.

The man is scum, he is a cheat, a dog, a vile pig.

Collingwood are an ordinary team, on and off the field but we should never again have to put up with cheating.

Id encourage everyone that is livid about the blatant cheating we have copped today to write to the club.

info@collingwoodfc.com.au

DT56 

courtza wrote:
Just come from the game, omfg, those maggots were unbelievable.

We played pretty shit but come on.

The first quarter was a frickin joke.

I don't think there is any other code or sporting contest where those officiating the game can get away with it like AFL umpires.

My confidence in a fair contest at Collingwood games reached an all time low today.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

ANNODAM wrote:
One positive --- 3 weeks left!!!
One what?
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:40 pm

To think I actually had a glimmer of hope at half time. Oh how wrong I was. We were appalling and disgraceful today and played a rubbish brand of football that would have gifted any of the 17 other teams a win today. How we can keep dishing that out is beyond me. It happens week after week. Slow, sloppy, indecisive, inaccurate, fumbling, panicking under pressure, giving away stupid free kicks, where does it end. That was not a team fighting for a finals spot. That was a team undeserving of a finals spot. A team that serious wanted to play finals would have shown more heart, endeavour, desire and passion to win today. But Bucks will spin us round. No where near good enough. We have to stop making excuses here people. We have players who have played 30 games stuffing up consistently and we have blokes who have played 100+ games screwing up all the time. What do we practice at training. Is it kicking? Handballing? Hitting f***ing targets? Yes? No?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:40 pm

Don't deserve finals on that performance.

I don't care what level of football your playing; AFL, VFL, park football or bloody under 11's. If the other team can consistently move the ball from one end to the other without you getting close to touching it, that's a problem. A big bloody problem.

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:41 pm

magpiemike wrote:
Four players tried their guts out this arvo. The rest were lost, sick, stupid, lazy, or a combination of all. Blame the coach all you like, but you'd be wrong. If they were playing on commission, we'd be a lot higher than we are. A few high paid overrated embarrassments out there.

My question to that is Why weren't they playing their guts out. What do yo think is the cause of that. If a team is under performing in any sphere, should you not look at all the possible causes? I love our coach, but to not look at this aspect of what might be going wrong along with all the other aspects would be ridiculous.

Getting the best out of a team is what being a leader is all about.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:41 pm

I reckon grundy must come in next week, he did well in the vfl, and of course Luke ball too, and swannie if fit. At least three changes next week, young and blair need a spell in the magoos too. At least we have two relatively winnable games coming up, and back on our own dunghill too next week. Just gotta put that one behind us, lock and load for next week.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:44 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Don't deserve finals on that performance.

I don't care what level of football your playing; AFL, VFL, park football or bloody under 11's. If the other team can consistently move the ball from one end to the other without you getting close to touching it, that's a problem. A big bloody problem.

I think our problems lay much deeper than that....

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:44 pm
Post subject: Re: Post match. Eagles pulverise Pies - All comments.Reply with quote

Donny wrote:
Collingwood 10.6.66
West Coast 19.11.125

Goals: Elliott, Kennedy, Sidey, Beamer, White, Reid, Broomy, Kennedy, Sammy, Trav 1

Disposals: Beamer 35, Sidey 33, Pendles 31, Elliott, Kennedy 21, Armstrong, Marley 19, Blair, Marley 17

AF points: Beamer 128, Elliott 110, Pendles 107, Sidey 101, Armstrong 83

Let's hear ya !!

I thought we lost by 10 goals... 126 V 66?

Very poor performance - needed another hard on-baller to help out in the middle. With Caff doing poorly stopping his opponent and offering nothing offensively it really hurts when he has nothing else to offer - Can't he be switched up forward?! Poor coaching and team selection also this week!!

Goldy, Young Cloke and White again all poor. Pendles, Sidey and Beams good with some nice support from a few kids - Elliot, Kennedy and Broomy.

We need to be getting better contribution from H, Tooves and Faz also!

Need to keep playing the kids - Sinclair might be worth a game along with Martin (a proper game) and JT.

Pies are up against young teams the next few weeks so it is time to play the kids with more spirit and aggression - the current energy is low and sad Sad

Last edited by yin-YANG on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:45 pm

To say I'm devastated is an under statement. I have been reading the comments today and notwithstanding the disgraceful performance of the "Umpires"??? ,equally disgraceful,considering it would cement a finals position,was the effort of most of the players. There was no heart,apart from a reasonable 2nd qtr,poor disposal,which has been a Collingwood trait now for years and a sense we have once again dropped the ball on recruiting.
I watched every kick of the game and to be blunt ,I feel humiliated to be a Collingwood supporter today. I have been a member of Collingwood for 25 years and I will not be renewing my membership next year. The club has lost it's soul and it doesn't need the likes of me,who yearns for the days when Collingwood at least turned up to play,regardless of the talent.
I'm totally turned off by the modern game and the umpiring??? Nothing more to said there. I know we have had unimaginable injuries and we've played more youngsters than anyone else,but enough is enough for me.There comes a time for everything and I'm going to play golf.FOOORREEE!!!!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Season Over.

Plain and Simple

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: