Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Extend Beams Now!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

collie dog wrote:
We know he's no great fan of Buckley.

Collie dog this is one of the most ludicrous posts ever seen on nicks.
I have known Dayne and his family for 20yrs and I can confirm first hand he credits bucks with his overall improvement since he arrived at the club.
I have heard it from his own mouth he rates bucks highly as a good coach
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

My guess is that Beams will sign until he becomes a restricted free agent.

Then we will start with the 'sign or **** off' threads.

I guess it's the way of the world.

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Up his pay and keep Beamer
He deserves it

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Ultimatum time. Sign an extension or be traded to Brisbane. We can't have this hanging over the team for another year.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:19 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Ultimatum time. Sign an extension or be traded to Brisbane. We can't have this hanging over the team for another year.

I think that is a Fair Enough Question to ask him

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:11 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Now let me be clear I want Beams to stay and be re-signed quick smart.

But (and it's a very important but) if he has made it clear of his desire to leave for Brisbane at the end of next season or more critically right now if a trade could be arranged should we do it?

Trade him now then we wouldn't accept anything less than pick No.4 off Brisbane.

If we try and convince him to stay during next season and it fails or he has already made up his mind now and decided he wants to chase the mega bucks I'm sure on offer from Brisbane we will lose him for less next season unless we finish bottom 4.

I stress I don't want to lose Beams and can't believe we're even discussing it but if he's really determined to leave (which can't be substantiated and could be complete BS) then it makes more sense to cut our losses now if Brisbane were willing to pay what he's worth.

If they're not then they can get stuffed.

P.S-They can get stuffed regardless.

I wouldn't take pick 4 for him - it's clearly not nearly enough for a player of his calibre - Beams is a total gun and young enough to be worth a whole lot more, he's still got tones of football left in him I'd take nothing less then 1st or 2nd pick and a half decent player. The thing to remember is Beams is a _proven_ entity, draft picks.. for all their worth, are still only speculative.

Pick 4 is the starting point and basic requirement.

Like I clearly stated though lose him to F/A next season and outside of finishing bottom four our compensation would be less.

First preference is to re-sign Beams immediately. He's a gun.

Second preference is to trade him now, get maximum compensation and use the money saved to make a massive play for Dangerfield next year.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:14 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Now let me be clear I want Beams to stay and be re-signed quick smart.

But (and it's a very important but) if he has made it clear of his desire to leave for Brisbane at the end of next season or more critically right now if a trade could be arranged should we do it?

Trade him now then we wouldn't accept anything less than pick No.4 off Brisbane.

If we try and convince him to stay during next season and it fails or he has already made up his mind now and decided he wants to chase the mega bucks I'm sure on offer from Brisbane we will lose him for less next season unless we finish bottom 4.

I stress I don't want to lose Beams and can't believe we're even discussing it but if he's really determined to leave (which can't be substantiated and could be complete BS) then it makes more sense to cut our losses now if Brisbane were willing to pay what he's worth.

If they're not then they can get stuffed.

P.S-They can get stuffed regardless.

I wouldn't take pick 4 for him - it's clearly not nearly enough for a player of his calibre - Beams is a total gun and young enough to be worth a whole lot more, he's still got tones of football left in him I'd take nothing less then 1st or 2nd pick and a half decent player. The thing to remember is Beams is a _proven_ entity, draft picks.. for all their worth, are still only speculative.

Pick 4 is the starting point and basic requirement.

Like I clearly stated though lose him to F/A next season and outside of finishing bottom four our compensation would be less.

First preference is to re-sign Beams immediately. He's a gun.

Second preference is to trade him now, get maximum compensation and use the money saved to make a massive play for Dangerfield next year.

Bucks doesn't rate Dangerfeilds "forward pressure".

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:16 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

Why? because a couple of knob journo's are trying to drum up a story with no facts whatsoever? He isn't out of contract until the end of next year.
qldmagpie67 has already informed us that he has instructed his management to open negotiations with the club on a new contract. Why should we be issuing an ultimatum to a player who isn't out of contract for 13 months? We should not be jumping at shadows just because the media are looking for a headline.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:23 pm

^^We need him to commit to the club. If he doesn't want to do that and could possibly leave next year as a free agent, then he should be put onto the trade table.

We're in a rebuild and if we could get a good deal his loss wouldn't hurt too much, midfielders aren't that tough to replace.

It's possible that he's already committed. In that case fine, but I think we need some certainty to avoid the risk of losing him for inadequate compensation at the end of next year.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:58 pm

I'd rather the club sit down in time and discuss a contract not stupid ass ultimatums like scared children because some pathetic ass club in Queensland is throwing around money.

I think by now he's earned a bit of respect to have the club go to him and talk contracts without the hysterics.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:15 pm

If we lose Beams and Harry this year we may as well trade Pendles and Cloke too IMO, Pendles and Cloke will never see another Collingwood flag.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:28 pm

The Prototype wrote:
I'd rather the club sit down in time and discuss a contract not stupid ass ultimatums like scared children because some pathetic ass club in Queensland is throwing around money.

I think by now he's earned a bit of respect to have the club go to him and talk contracts without the hysterics.

That was just my wording. It's a question of what we do if he refuses to sign an extension this year, given it will leave us open to potentially losing him for less next year.

If he is leaving, it's best for us to cut our losses now, not stretch it our for another year. It's better for development purposes in that we have the replacement(s) in earlier and we are likely to get a better deal out of it. So if he's not re-signing, we need a serious discussion with him on where he sees his future. If we're not satisfied about his commitment, then we need to be thinking about a possible trade.

Anyway, I think he'll sign the extension.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:26 am

It's good to see most here want him to stay.
I've said before Beams was raised in a way were respect, loyalty and honesty are expected at all times. He wasn't raised with a silver spoon and had to earn every thing he got in life through hard work. He is fiercely loyal to mates he went to school with and played footy with when he was young.
Everyone take a chill pill remember last time he was off contract he got it down with no fuss when he could have tested his market worth then when he was in th middle of a career defining season (2012)
This kid took the chance in the draft when he had a certain AFL contract waiting at the suns. Think back to early 2012 the suns stated publicly they would enquire if he was ready to come "home"
Look I can't see the lions wanting to break the bank it's not Leigh Matthews way he has never been a spend it all on one player type coach and the influence he wields at the lions is immense so I can't see them throwing the house at him.
His settled in Melbourne and I know he loves the club and his team mates.
To me it's shitty journalists looking to make a story out of nothing
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:41 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
collie dog wrote:
We know he's no great fan of Buckley.

Collie dog this is one of the most ludicrous posts ever seen on nicks.
I have known Dayne and his family for 20yrs and I can confirm first hand he credits bucks with his overall improvement since he arrived at the club.
I have heard it from his own mouth he rates bucks highly as a good coach

spindog has great form in this area and given the propenisty for ludicrous posts on nick's it's a big call you have made.

it seems the silly season has been brought forward due to our non participation in the finals. i'd be staggered if he went anywhere.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:35 am

woftam wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Why? because a couple of knob journo's are trying to drum up a story with no facts whatsoever? He isn't out of contract until the end of next year.
qldmagpie67 has already informed us that he has instructed his management to open negotiations with the club on a new contract. Why should we be issuing an ultimatum to a player who isn't out of contract for 13 months? We should not be jumping at shadows just because the media are looking for a headline.

Mate I heard that directly from Dayne's dad mid year. Yes things inside the club changed with the injuries and our huge loss of form but unless there has been a huge change in the relationship between the coach and player/s I can't for one second believe he won't extend his contract.
Look on the open market a player of his age with 100+ games, his ability and being a better than average goal sneak would be in high demand for sure.
Having said that if he was solely driven by $$$ he would and could have tested the market in 2012 which was by far his best season and probably the career defining season for him (AA honors and Copeland winner)
He choose to get it done without any fuss or fanfare.
Also another point is he changed management teams at that time as he was concerned by velocity sports (Alastair Lynch's group) had been shopping him around to both the suns and lions trying to drive up his price. He wasn't interested then so I can't see what has changed other than a relationship change with the coach.
I have heard it from his mouth directly he rates Pendles extremely highly and also spoke glowingly of the influence bucks had on him in his development years.
I said before he is a loyal honest kid and wouldn't hold the club to ransom. But I guess everyone has a price and who in life wouldn't take a doubled pay rise !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: