Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ASADA & the AFL acted lawfully: Hird & Essendon lose

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
I will never ever forget how arrogant these Essendon knobs were towards us back in the years 99-00 when we were at our lowest ebb in modern history and they were winning flags.

Payback time bitches.

Blood oath!

This could rip the club apart and set them back years and the arrogant prick who was once their most celebrated champion will go down in history as the individual who destroyed them. I'm not being dramatic about that either. His brand is washed up and I reckon even his most staunch supporters are dropping off him by the day. He simply refuses to show any remorse or guilt.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:24 pm

And what about Stephen Dank showing up!

What an attention seeking tosser!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:31 pm

On a side note I often wonder if Sam Newman has been hired by the Hird PR people during this saga.

The way he has defended Essendon on the footy show has been nauseating at times.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:39 pm

swoop42 wrote:
On a side note I often wonder if Sam Newman has been hired by the Hird PR people during this saga.

The way he has defended Essendon on the footy show has been nauseating at times.

Nah he's just old school and gets pissed off with the politics off field I reckon. Plus like the rest of us he's sick of how long it's dragged on.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:59 pm

So the day of reckoning has come and judge Middleton has 100% backed ASADA and the the full investigation.
From today the show cause notices are in full effect meaning the players have to respond.
It's being reported that 98% of all show cause notices turn into infraction noticed meaning suspension.
The new ASADA boss said a while ago if Essendon challenged this ASADA wouldn't be offerin the reduced sentences it had (3-6 months)
So the players now can only recover reduced sentences if they supply ASADA with new information or offer ASADA conformation or other special assistance which can be used in other matters.
The players now have a huge decision to make to stay the course and let the Essendon board continue to drag this out looking for a reason to go to a higher court (listening to the legal eagles speaking on radio they can't see how Essendon or Hird have the grounds to challenge now as it must be on precedural basis now not on the decision) or they can submit to ASADA and try to get themselves the least possible suspension (listening to radio they are saying minimum offering would most likely be 6 months)
Also the awarding of costs against Hird and Essendon could run upwards of $2,000,000 plus there own costs which would likely be a similar cost. So going forward the financial burden of this decision will also play a huge part in whether Essendon go to a higher court. Loss again and they will suffer significant more in legal costs from both sides.
I do feel for the players if you look at the sharks (in the NRL) the advice they were given by legal experts was while you may feel your not guilty the evidence shows there is a real possibility you may have been given substance/s that were illicit so take the offer and move forward.
The Essendon players were offered the same deal and the club insisted they not accept it as they convinced the players they were completely innocent. This has back fired hugely now and 20 current players on there list now face uncertain futures.
Financially Essendon are sitting on a ticking time bomb not only with the legal expenses of both sides but the potential repercussion of a player led law suit for putting them into danger under duty of care. One of the legal eagles has said there is every possible chance every player can personal damages for both lost earnings on and off the field as well as damages for any health problems that could arise in the future. The guy on radio said if he was advising any player it would be to not follow any further advice from the club and act independently going forward as it would be in there best interests.
If the AFL step in and bail out the bombers from this legal mess every club should protest strongly especially now with the new equalization tax coming into being that of the AFL can afford to under write Essendons legal challenge they can find the funds to support the clubs who can't afford there own football departments. Surely the AFL won't let Hird and Essendons ego driven denial of the facts be at the expense of the AFL after all Essendon basically challenged the AFL's own regulations.
It's obvious now Hirds position is completely untenable and he must fall on the sword immediately (which he won't) so the board need to rid themselves of his presence to have any chance of rebuilding the club.
Where to from here will be very interesting I'm guessing right now behind closed doors the essendopers will be trying to find a new plan to be able to put 22 players on the field for round 1 2015.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Excellent synopsis mate.

It's every club for themselves now. An AFL bail out - no friggin way.

Any responsible player manager should be telling their client to seek a deal. The club now needs the players more than they need them. The whole 'it's all about the players' spin is acknowledgement of that for mine. This club has screwed these kids and they should pay. And the great thing is that this will make sure that it never happens again in our code.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Excellent synopsis mate.

It's every club for themselves now. An AFL bail out - no friggin way.

Any responsible player manager should be telling their client to seek a deal. The club now needs the players more than they need them. The whole 'it's all about the players' spin is acknowledgement of that for mine. This club has screwed these kids and they should pay. And the great thing is that this will make sure that it never happens again in our code.[/quote]

Mate the legal guy on radio is now saying the players could seek a compensation fund similar to the James Hardie fund for any future health issues that may arise to them being exposed to unknown potentially harmful substances. He is saying a fund of 10 million would be the minimum requirement (approx $300k per player)
OMG if he is right then this is bankrupt territory for the bummers
You are 100% correct mate this is all about the players now they must act in there own best interests and forget the spin from the clubs board which basically amounts to protecting Hirds now defunct reputation.
No wonder they want to create a job for bomber Thompson they will need a new head coach very soon I'm guessing.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:31 pm

That Tird feels sorry for the players. That massive a-hole wasn't that sorry when he injected the players. The narcissist is now trying to save his own reputation rather than being concerned about the players.

All along, it was about ASADA and AFL and very very little (another a-hole) about the players.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:47 pm

After Essendon, s demise it, s great to have Pie, s as my side
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:30 pm

Good onya Baz. Welcome to the board. But work out which is the comma key and which is the apostrophe key dude. 😄
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Guess ya right but thought iss there
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Look at that iss --bugger me typo yips frustrate me
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Hird should get a life ban.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:05 pm

And Jibber Jabber hand back the Brownlow.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:09 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Ya got it right there I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: