Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dale Thomas Brownlow Voting???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
Do u morons even go to the football?
How can u not see the difference in the energy of us now and the times Daisy was in the 22.
Daisy never polled votes with us.

His year this year would give Carlton massive confidence that they could be the winner on this deal.

U all know it or u r blind.

Ive asked this so many times - what did Collingwood offer Daisy to stay
\

Dollar daisys ankles are as dodgy as a tony abbott promise, so please, spare us the wringing of hands, he is a liability to the scum everytime he takes the field. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And you know this how? Daisy ring you up and tell you did he? In reality you have no idea whether his ankles are okay going forward or not. What you are is happy to parrot whatever BS others feed you over and over and expect us to swallow such rubbish as fact. I expect you should be old enough to know better but time and time again on this board you show us the complete opposite.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:39 am

Jezza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Damien wrote:
Daisy no Brownlow votes is a vindication of our decision to let him walk. 10th in the Carlton B&f though?

That just makes me smile at their misfortune ��

Thomas was bloody horrible this year and I almost (almost) felt sorry watching a once very good player who has lost about 5 yards of pace, can't kick over 35 metres anymore and is regularly getting punk'd by players years younger.

Perfect Jezza, and I know which one I'll take!

I don't hate Daisy, I just never could. But his time was clearly gone. And if you think the Carlscum fans think Daisy is the goods, what do you expect? It's easy to shine in a shit pond.

Guys, our window slammed shut along with Malthouse in 2011. Get over it. And get behind the tilt for the next one.

Daisy, I hope you find your peace, I hope you enjoy a good surf season this year, you won't need to worry about a second job. Smart move. Just please, next year, a little humility, and if you piss PENDLES off again, this time, take it like a man!

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:47 am

The Prototype wrote:
35forever wrote:
Oh gawd, you just won't let it go

Oh the irony...

the ironies, all the ironies...

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:57 am

lol funny thread, Daisy lovers and haters, facts are He WAS a Premiership hero, IS now playing for the filth and should be treated like a traitor and expect the hate, but, he WILL be a Premiership hero once again once his "career" is over. it's the nature of the game.
as for all the "facts" that get thrown around about how/why/who etcetera none of you actually know and are talking out of your arse, you know who you are..

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:47 am

Damien wrote:
Daisy no Brownlow votes is a vindication of our decision to let him walk. 10th in the Carlton B&f though?

Well somebody had to poll in it... Wink
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:12 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:
How can u not see the difference in the energy of us now and the times Daisy was in the 22.

His year this year would give Carlton massive confidence that they could be the winner on this deal.

I would suggest we offered him what he was worth, and he chose to go.

Just like we have offered other players what we thought they were worth and they chose to stay.

You won't find anyone other than Mick Malthouse and Daisy's manager who would suggest his year was worth 700K.

I'd rather pay that kind of money to keep Beams, which we would not be able to do if we gave Daisy 700 large

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:56 am

rocketronnie wrote:
And you know this how? Daisy ring you up and tell you did he? In reality you have no idea whether his ankles are okay going forward or not. What you are is happy to parrot whatever BS others feed you over and over and expect us to swallow such rubbish as fact. I expect you should be old enough to know better but time and time again on this board you show us the complete opposite.

Dale Thomas also parroted that rubbish when he was interviewed at Carlton, saying the Blues got the same report, got the same different diagnoses on his ankle. He also said he understood why Collingwood wasn't going to take the risk.

Eddie had suggested when Thomas was injured the last time at the Blues that the club went to many different doctors and got many different diagnoses.

Seems all concerned believe his ankles are an unknown quantity right now, so yeah we will see what happens there.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:37 am

rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

\

Dollar daisys ankles are as dodgy as a tony abbott promise, so please, spare us the wringing of hands, he is a liability to the scum everytime he takes the field. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

without relitigating the whole thomas saga, i think thomas will improve again next year. another season under the belt to gain more confidence in the ankle. it seems these sorts of situations are 50/50 and you take your chances either way.

i don't subscribe to him being a traitor. it certainly doesn't bother me one iota to see him or other ex-collingwood players running around in another jumper; at least they are running around plying their trade and showing their wares. it's a little hypocritical to sledge these players as traitors when we, as supporters, welcome other players from other clubs.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:03 am

MagpieMad wrote:
lol funny thread, Daisy lovers and haters, facts are He WAS a Premiership hero, IS now playing for the filth and should be treated like a traitor and expect the hate, but, he WILL be a Premiership hero once again once his "career" is over. it's the nature of the game.
as for all the "facts" that get thrown around about how/why/who etcetera none of you actually know and are talking out of your arse, you know who you are..

Sums it all up perfectly.
I defended him when he was developing and heavily criticised.
We got the best out of him in 2010 and 2011.
His injury meant we got nothing from him in the next two years. That can happen.
No doubt he was attached to Mick and no doubt he got more than we could afford or should have paid.
I look at the cats, they don't pay overs for anyone and all that they want to stay stays other than Ablett. Letting Avlett go didn't stop them from winning a flag.
Wasn't just that he left it was where he went and what he did in the field and off it that annoyed me.
When he finishes up I will feel differently about him than I do now. Footy is buisness however supporting is emotion.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:28 am

John Wren wrote:
without relitigating the whole thomas saga, i think thomas will improve again next year. another season under the belt to gain more confidence in the ankle. it seems these sorts of situations are 50/50 and you take your chances either way.

i don't subscribe to him being a traitor. it certainly doesn't bother me one iota to see him or other ex-collingwood players running around in another jumper; at least they are running around plying their trade and showing their wares. it's a little hypocritical to sledge these players as traitors when we, as supporters, welcome other players from other clubs.

Completely agree.

I'd prefer to remember Daisy as a premiership player, and try to forget his days at the Blues when he retires. Much like I tend to forget McGuane went there for a bit as well.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:38 am

[quote="MJ23"]
MagpieMad wrote:

Sums it all up perfectly.
I defended him when he was developing and heavily criticised.
We got the best out of him in 2010 and 2011.
His injury meant we got nothing from him in the next two years. That can happen.
No doubt he was attached to Mick and no doubt he got more than we could afford or should have paid.
I look at the cats, they don't pay overs for anyone and all that they want to stay stays other than Ablett. Letting Avlett go didn't stop them from winning a flag.
Wasn't just that he left it was where he went and what he did in the field and off it that annoyed me.
When he finishes up I will feel differently about him than I do now. Footy is buisness however supporting is emotion.[/quote]

Exactly. I couldn't care less about a D Thomas who once played for our glorious Collingwood team but then became a Judas and went to the bloody rotten scum. Mad Evil or Very Mad May visit issue later after he breaks down completely Rolling Eyes
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

I would suggest we offered him what he was worth, and he chose to go.

Just like we have offered other players what we thought they were worth and they chose to stay.

You won't find anyone other than Mick Malthouse and Daisy's manager who would suggest his year was worth 700K.

I'd rather pay that kind of money to keep Beams, which we would not be able to do if we gave Daisy 700 large

We offered him what he was worth hey?
Well thanks a lot thats really cleared up the mystery.

It seemed to me at the time that we did F*All to try and keep him.
Eventually I'll know - probably when Daisy writes his book.
But that's not good enough.

Did we offer him 350k? Did we try any performance based clauses?
Did we try at ALL?

Or was it about 'the culture'?
Or was it pure business based on his ankles - if so as members/fans we deserve to know the reasoning - because Buttifant and Malthouse were the ones who took him with 110% knowledge of his medical situation.

I think its the most important decision in this club's history since MM decided to let Reid stay on Hawkins for a little longer.

If Buckley could not get MM's blokes on side - what the hell is he getting paid for?

How can the club's treatment/handling/managment of Daisy, Shaw, Didak, Jolly, Wellingham, Dawes, O'Brien, Ball and Davis not have torn a spiritual hole in the place?

How did we let all of these legends become in anyway disgruntled?
Or are we still blaming MM ??
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:17 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

\

Ha ! you should talk, hypocrisy is you bloody middle name. Only a mental defective old man would pay Dollar daisy the massive coin he wanted, knowing full well he DOES have dodgy ankles, the Pies are not as dumb as you and your sad sackers think, they put him thru the medical wringer, and offered him a fair deal with his ankles. The old man just grabbed him to stick it up eddie, and I don't forget the nasty snide pokes Thomas had at my Club just before he departed, him promising young Pies fans he was virtually certain of staying, and singing the Scum song in front of Maxy and our players, Maxy was on the verge of decking him for that one.

Oh and by the way RR, for the record its, BUCKS 4 v OLD MANS SCUM 0. Says it all id say, for you Bucks haters and whingers, who pine for the old sod. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Let's move on guys. Daisy has and so should we.

I loved him when he played for us, because he always gave us 100 % and was never afraid to take the game on with bursts of brilliance. However, injuries took their toll and he is now a mere shadow of his former self. I don't blame Daisy for taking the dosh. Collingwood was correct not to try to match the ridiculous amount of filthy lucre thrown at him by the deluded Blues, under the direction of their even more deluded coach, the old bitter and twisted Mick.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:38 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

\

Ha ! you should talk, hypocrisy is you bloody middle name. Only a mental defective old man would pay Dollar daisy the massive coin he wanted, knowing full well he DOES have dodgy ankles, the Pies are not as dumb as you and your sad sackers think, they put him thru the medical wringer, and offered him a fair deal with his ankles. The old man just grabbed him to stick it up eddie, and I don't forget the nasty snide pokes Thomas had at my Club just before he departed, him promising young Pies fans he was virtually certain of staying, and singing the Scum song in front of Maxy and our players, Maxy was on the verge of decking him for that one.

Oh and by the way RR, for the record its, BUCKS 4 v OLD MANS SCUM 0. Says it all id say, for you Bucks haters and whingers, who pine for the old sod. Razz

Malthouse: I want Daisy Thomas.
Carlton Salary Cap Managers: Why?
MM: So I can stick it up Buckley and MaGuire
CSCM: Well sure that sounds like a good enough reason to spend X hundred thousand dollars of our precious salary cap on. Shall we check ihis ankles will be okay going forward?
MM: No dont bother...
CSCM: Go get him Mick

You really have no idea do you? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: